over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Shawn Rhoden petition

I think Shawn should be able to compete in the Olympia.

• Yes, he should be allowed to compete because you are innocent until proven guilty.

Votes: 37 77.1%
  • no, the controversey is too big and bodybuilding doesnt need the negative publicity.

Votes: 11 22.9%

• Total voters

maldorf

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Someone started a petition that has over 17,000 sigs already after just a few days it appears.

Petition is to argues that he should be allowed to compete in the Olympia. Thought some of you might like to sign it. I have mixed feelings myself. I believe he is innocent until proven guilty and lately it seems guys don't get that right anymore. On the other hand, I can see how the sport wants to avoid this terrible controversy and keep it away from the contest.

https://www.change.org/p/american-m...-2019-mr-olympia-innocent-until-proven-guilty

Even if he competes they will not allow him to win at this point. This hole thing fucked his reputation up.

After the guest posing, now this. He's done.

Knowing his luck the Oplympia will let him compete and then about half way through the competition tell him to stop and they dont want him to compete any longer.

Knowing his luck the Oplympia will let him compete and then about half way through the competition tell him to stop and they dont want him to compete any longer.

Ha ha classic! All I know is the Olympia is getting closer it’s next month all ready.

www.Steroidify.com

The people voting 'no' would definitely be cool if they were in the same circumstance. :rolleyes:

look at it as a business owner too

i am a business owner and so i try to look at all sides. Yes, as a competitor i would want to be allowed to compete but honestly i dont think i would. I dont think it would be much fun doing the Mr O and EVERY person that interviews you brings up rape allegations. I know they say "no such thing as bad press" but continually having it brought up isnt good for shawn at all.

having said that, i also understand as a business decision it may be best to not allow shawn to compete in the Mr O and its for the same reason. It doesnt benefit the organization nor shawn rhoden to have the allegations brought up all weekend.

if shawn really wants to compete amongst all the stress and constantly hearing about and being asked about the allegations he has more balls than me. i'd go crawl under a rock guilty or innocent until it was all over.
-F2S

I believe innocent until proven guilty, but I dont think anyone with open litigation of this nature should be allowed to compete. Just my opinion. Doesn't make it right.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Professional Muscle mobile app

if shawn really wants to compete amongst all the stress and constantly hearing about and being asked about the allegations he has more balls than me. i'd go crawl under a rock guilty or innocent until it was all over.
-F2S

That is probably the best scenario for everyone, take this year off and come back next year after you have had your day in court and the public has seen that you weren't proven guilty. Even then, having not been found guilty, there is going to be a dark cloud hanging over his head. The me too movement is really strong right now. ON the business side, this must be wrecking his financials! I hope he had a rainyday fund saved up.

I see that in less than 24 hours 2k more people have signed the petition.

Firstly, I completely understand why they have done it. Now on a personal side I think he should be allowed to compete but I can't blame them for what they have decided. Nevertheless it should be innocent until proven guilty especially when you take into consideration all the current evidence known. There have been other sports stars in similar cases and they were allowed to carry on competing/playing. It's not the companies fault if an athlete who competes in their competition is later found to be guilty of rape. I certainly wouldn't think negatively about a company for waiting until a verdict has been decided before banning an athlete.

I also don't agree with them inviting Cedric to compete this year. Cedric is great but considering the circumstances not the best of decisions. Can you imagine the uproar and also excitement if they had allowed Rhoden to compete. It's still a possibility and I would like to see it happen. Regarding Cedric I would have thought someone such as Iain Valliere should have been picked a head of him (4x top 4 finishes and just missed out on qualification). Although I don't think anyone should really be picked as there is a reason they have qualification contests beforehand... you earn your place. Now someone like Kevin Levrone I understand but not a guy who competed that year and didn't earn the qualification. This year has to be the least exciting year by far and they seem almost desperate. Although I hear talks of a brand new contest to start next year so that should add some excitement to bodybuilding again.

Hiding an cowering from allegations only makes it seem like a person is more likely to be guilty. It's what gives these charges and the people who use them falsely all there power. As a competitor I cant possibly know what's going on in Rhoden's head but as a business owner banning him from competition is a huge mistake. What happens the next time something like this happens? and the time after that? etc, etc..You weaken the sport by bending over backwards to allegations and people who are potentially using them falsely. If you do this often enough you'll never be able to run a business; that is the danger here as far as the sport is concerned. My two cents. :cool:

Over 20k sigs now!

That is probably the best scenario for everyone, take this year off and come back next year after you have had your day in court and the public has seen that you weren't proven guilty. Even then, having not been found guilty, there is going to be a dark cloud hanging over his head. The me too movement is really strong right now. ON the business side, this must be wrecking his financials! I hope he had a rainyday fund saved up.

In today's society it really is guilty until proven innocent and even after your proven innocent there will always be a group of people who still think your guilty. Guilty or innocent I would have to think his career in bodybuilding is in great jeopardy considering the circumstances and his age. I doubt you will see any sponsors fighting to get his endorsement right now. This is a very serious matter and I hope this gets worked out for ALL parties involved.

The negative repercussions of having a reigning Mr Olympia convicted of rape are greater than the negative repercussions from barring him from competing.

If he is found guilty take it and ban him for life. If found innocent they should pay him for fucking up his money. he will never be able to make it back. Didn't I read he passed to different types of lie detector assessments? Is that shit even real?

If he is found guilty take it and ban him for life. If found innocent they should pay him for fucking up his money. he will never be able to make it back. Didn't I read he passed to different types of lie detector assessments? Is that shit even real?
Not admissable in most courts because they prove nothing. Donald Trump...er a psychopath could lie all day and probably not twitch a bit.

Not admissable in most courts because they prove nothing. Donald Trump...er a psychopath could lie all day and probably not twitch a bit.

or someone like slick Willy.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner