over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Meal Prep Lunch Box

thethinker48

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
Do you guys have any recommendations for a meal prep bag (or lunches boxes+bag combos).

Shopping bags full of red Tupperware boxes is getting real old at work lol

Would like something that looks a little more professional and not meatheady [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually JUST purchased this about a month ago.
https://isolatorfitness.com/pages/isopacks

I used to carry a nice backpack + a big insulated lunch box to work and this just condensed everything down to one. I can fit 2 or so shakes + 3-4 large meal prep containers at the bottom. Room for my work laptop + tons of pockets and room inside. Some what pricey but I knew I would use this shit every day. :lightbulb:

Isolators are the shit.....on my 3rd....

I had been looking at those Isolators earlier this year for riding my motorcycle to work with laptop and food but never grabbed one. I bring a ton of food to work everyday in a lunch case that could fit a case of beer. I always get made fun of for it but I eat better than anyone at work.

I decided to help save the planet so I switched to glass containers.

intermittent fasting to eliminate meal prep, meal prep is a miserable cumbersome experience that gives you stress and takes away from sleep and leisure. meal prep fanatics will hate me saying this but its my opinion. try eating your meals when at home and track to see if gains are any less.

intermittent fasting to eliminate meal prep, meal prep is a miserable cumbersome experience that gives you stress and takes away from sleep and leisure. meal prep fanatics will hate me saying this but its my opinion. try eating your meals when at home and track to see if gains are any less.

Let me just pick up ballet instead of bodybuilding while I’m at it

All this eating, blood work, pinning and creatine is pretty cumbersome

[emoji846]

P.S- I’m not against IF; I actually see myself doing that when I’m older with some decent muscle on me. But it’s not ideal for performance or hypertrophy.

I think you are doing something wrong. I'm all for occasional fasting but meal prep is no sweat.

I was very lean when intermittent fasting and had decent gains but I love to cook and find it stress relieving if anything.

[emoji846]

P.S- I’m not against IF; I actually see myself doing that when I’m older with some decent muscle on me. But it’s not ideal for performance or hypertrophy.

The studies and "experts" have said over and over again that you dont need small meals all day to keep the body from "eating away muscle ". I just personally dont find cooking food weighing it and carrying it around in Tupperware all day a good use of my time. For someone who works full time and goes to school it can cut into sleep and relaxation, which unlike meal preg, actually matter.

The studies and "experts" have said over and over again that you dont need small meals all day to keep the body from "eating away muscle ". I just personally dont find cooking food weighing it and carrying it around in Tupperware all day a good use of my time. For someone who works full time and goes to school it can cut into sleep and relaxation, which unlike meal preg, actually matter.

I appreciate you chiming in man but I feel like you're standing on a pedestal that most people were like 4-5 years ago. You're right, all the studies of losing muscle are bullshit. I'm the first to admit it. But IF works very well if you are a men's physique competitor or trying to stay the same level (muscle or BF% wise). NOT if you are a BBer.

I have done some form of fasting for the past 8 or so years. IF, 24hr, 36hr, EOD, all that shit. I have tried to make it work with competitive BBing and IMO it doesn't translate to well, at least for me. I have experimented and experimented and I look harder, fuller and leaner when I eat some sort of protein every 2-3 hours. I've literally dieted both ways so many times, it wasn't just a one time discovery (I believe Foad Abiad said something similar on one of his recent podcasts too). I stilllll do fasting, but I used in a John Meadows type way to reset my digestion after a week or two. 1 big 24hr fast. I think fasting is great when you need a mental and digestion break, but for growing muscle it is worthless. And for losing fat and maintenance, I think there are better ways.

Totally individual experience here though.

BACK TO THE OP.
I had been looking at those Isolators earlier this year for riding my motorcycle to work with laptop and food but never grabbed one. I bring a ton of food to work everyday in a lunch case that could fit a case of beer. I always get made fun of for it but I eat better than anyone at work.

Worth the investment man. I'm the same way. The IsoPack lets me carry a bunch of shit + laptop + meals + a full tub of protein if I need to.

meal prep is a miserable cumbersome experience that gives you stress and takes away from sleep and leisure.

A lil dramatic aren't we???... LOL....

A lil dramatic aren't we???... LOL....
Yea lol I don't understand that comment. Folks like that must not cook at all and just eat out which is why meal prep is a pain for them. I just use standard tupperware containers, throw them in my backbag when I go to work. It takes 1 min to put the food in the container, omg soo hard [emoji849]

I agree with the above. Bodybuilding is training AND nutrition. There is no way to progress unless you understand the fuel you put in your body. The two go hand in hand.

I like watching David Henry on instagram. He is always cooking and grilling. If a person does not like 50% of the sport then why even partake. Find a sport or lifestyle that fits you better.

Yea lol I don't understand that comment. Folks like that must not cook at all and just eat out which is why meal prep is a pain for them. I just use standard tupperware containers, throw them in my backbag when I go to work. It takes 1 min to put the food in the container, omg soo hard [emoji849]

Exactly. Making meals isn't hard as long as you don't mind eating something very similar each meal. I cook up a big batch of chicken and later some sirloin and eat on that all week. Just weigh out the meat for a meal into a container and add in whatever carbs you want and you are done. Rice and vegetables is what I usually use.

If someone were to cook a different meal each and every day, then that might be a pain in the ass. Im too lazy to do that.

[emoji846]

thank you sir!
This IF movement is getting out of control lately lol i feel exact same way as you
-F2S

I agree with the above. Bodybuilding is training AND nutrition. There is no way to progress unless you understand the fuel you put in your body. The two go hand in hand.

I like watching David Henry on instagram. He is always cooking and grilling. If a person does not like 50% of the sport then why even partake. Find a sport or lifestyle that fits you better.

Thats my point really, if the same results can be achieves without cooking and grilling all day and night, then why not?

Meal prep doesn't have to be part of bodybuilding. Bodybuilding is about building muscle, not about being a cook. Cooking is time consuming or it can be. I personally don't like cooking. At the very least, if I cook something I want to eat it not stash it for tomorrow and lug it to work. There is no badge of honor for making things more than they have to be, there is no trophy for who is the best meal prepare. If someone actually likes it thats one thing, but id assume the majority of men don't actually like standing around cooking food they wont eat until the next day and storing it then putting it in a bag and taking it to work.

Eating food I enjoy, just making it for another day not so much, lol

needs to open from side not the top

IMO, a proper designed meal bag needs to open from the side. keeps u from having to take out ever tupperware to get to the food at bottom:lightbulb:
i have a cheap lil one i bought from academy. cam with shaker too and a ice thing to put in it. its pretty sharp design. just lil tiny.
Brand name is Jaxx i think...
-F2S

I actually JUST purchased this about a month ago.

https://isolatorfitness.com/pages/isopacks

I used to carry a nice backpack + a big insulated lunch box to work and this just condensed everything down to one. I can fit 2 or so shakes + 3-4 large meal prep containers at the bottom. Room for my work laptop + tons of pockets and room inside. Some what pricey but I knew I would use this shit every day. :lightbulb:
I have this exact one and took since last year to finally get them to warranty it, both straps have broken and zippers falling apart

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Thats my point really, if the same results can be achieves without cooking and grilling all day and night, then why not?

Meal prep doesn't have to be part of bodybuilding. Bodybuilding is about building muscle, not about being a cook. Cooking is time consuming or it can be. I personally don't like cooking. At the very least, if I cook something I want to eat it not stash it for tomorrow and lug it to work. There is no badge of honor for making things more than they have to be, there is no trophy for who is the best meal prepare. If someone actually likes it thats one thing, but id assume the majority of men don't actually like standing around cooking food they wont eat until the next day and storing it then putting it in a bag and taking it to work.

Eating food I enjoy, just making it for another day not so much, lol

Cooking and grilling all day and night??? LOL

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member