over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Weightlifting Belt

slesh

Registered
Hey Bros,

Sorry if this is the wrong section as we don't seem to have one specifically for training. Need a recommendation on a weightlifting belt. I bought a highly rated one on Amazon but I think it's garbage. Really just need something for leg day that will lock my lower back. I have scoliosis and several herniated discs but I need to work on my wheels. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Slesh

I personally prefer the lighter ones like this one from Schiek for my bodybuilding lifting: https://www.rogueeurope.eu/schiek-2004-lifting-belt-purple?gclid=Cj0KCQjw753rBRCVARIsANe3o45mDLd1KO-0zTWIPvR-yhZmGcUGcoiuRDcgSxCTQygzO9H-_oq7FakaAspWEALw_wcB

I have several heavier, powerlifting-style leather ones but I don't use them anymore since my Schiek is so comfortable.

ESPECIALLY when you have scoliosis, I would look into a fabric one over a stiffer leather one since it will follow the contours of your spine better. Leather ones are made for straight spines, well they all are but you get my point. Schiek is recommended imo.

Last edited:
Cardillo
Scheik
Inzer
EliteFTS

If you are not to be doing heavy 500+ squats, some of the top belts people talk about are probably going to be overkill, and you can get a less advanced one imo. That said, get one you can break in and feel comfortable wearing. In the following thread, Shelby talks about the ElitFTS belt:

https://www.professionalmuscle.com/...m/114057-elite-fts-lifting-belt-opinions.html

I have an Inzer, and I think it is overkill for me, as I doubt I will ever squat as heavy as I did in my 20's and 30's. I think the EliteFTS would have been good enough for me, plus it has the taper in the front to help make it more comfortable. I may order one of those, or a cardillo, if I get another one.

If you are a heavy squatter, get what is appropriate.

Cardillo
Scheik
Inzer
EliteFTS

If you are not to be doing heavy 500+ squats, some of the top belts people talk about are probably going to be overkill, and you can get a less advanced one imo. That said, get one you can break in and feel comfortable wearing. In the following thread, Shelby talks about the ElitFTS belt:

https://www.professionalmuscle.com/...m/114057-elite-fts-lifting-belt-opinions.html

I have an Inzer, and I think it is overkill for me, as I doubt I will ever squat as heavy as I did in my 20's and 30's. I think the EliteFTS would have been good enough for me, plus it has the taper in the front to help make it more comfortable. I may order one of those, or a cardillo, if I get another one.

If you are a heavy squatter, get what is appropriate.

Do you find the Schiek comfortable?

Cardillo all day baby.....

Thanks guys. Looking into all of these now.

Do you find the Schiek comfortable?

Right now, I only have an Inzer single prong, and it works good. It's way more belt than I need, lol. It took awhile to break in for a more comfortable feel. It has a slight taper. Never had a Schiek belt. I trained for many years w/out a belt, until I jacked it up bad around 2014 doing squats. Was the worse pain I've had for a good week or two. After that, I ordered the Inzer. I used one a lot when I was younger though.

The problem I have with the gyms and squatting the last few years, is I go to a 24hr Fitness gym, and I had to go right at getting off hours at 5pm where it is the most busy. I'd get there, and they have 2-3 squat racks with people waiting for an opening. I don't have time to sit there all day for a rack to open, so the last few years I did more Hack Squats and stuff, and I didn't need a belt for those....for the most part. Therefore, I've not used it much the last few years, nor have I free squatted much either. It sucks, I love to squat, but i'm not gonna hang out there for 3 hours for a rack to open...I have kids I want to see before they go to bed. If I went to the gym at non-getting off hours, i'd be hitting them up a lot more again....but I'm getting way off topic now.

Last edited:
Inzer forever bodybuilding belt.

Looking at the Forever Bodybuilding Tapered Buckle. Not sure what size to get. My waist is a 31-32. The medium is such a wide range.

Last edited:
I use a rogue powerlifting leather belt for years. I dont see any sense in this small weighlifting belts.. the squeeze the abdominals and dont apply even pressure.

Gesendet von meinem MHA-L09 mit Tapatalk

I use a rogue powerlifting leather belt for years. I dont see any sense in this small weighlifting belts.. the squeeze the abdominals and dont apply even pressure.

Gesendet von meinem MHA-L09 mit Tapatalk

Yeah, id get one wide all the way around. I have always used the Inzer Forever belt, two prong. You want it wide in the front to help support your abs, hopefully prevent you from getting an umbilical hernia.

https://inzernet.com/collections/power-belts/products/forever-buckle-belt™-13mm

Looking at the Forever Bodybuilding Tapered Buckle. Not sure what size to get. My waist is a 31-32. The medium is such a wide range.

Mine is 34/36. I can check the size. Best belt I ever owned. Fit like a glove out the box. No breaking in required

Cardillo, EliteFTS, Inzer...all legit.

I've had my EliteFTS belt for yearsss now. Pretty sure they are having a big sale right now anyways. :lightbulb:

cardillo for me.

Spud Inc belts are what I use, simply because they provide a very solid level of support, but sense they're a nylon material they don't necessarily dig into the skin or have a breaking in period. I have a velcro belt from them, and after 5 years of regular use it's still just as solid as the day I bought it.

Spud Inc belts are what I use, simply because they provide a very solid level of support, but sense they're a nylon material they don't necessarily dig into the skin or have a breaking in period. I have a velcro belt from them, and after 5 years of regular use it's still just as solid as the day I bought it.

Interesting belts idd.

OP: how do you fare with leather belts? I'm curious because of your scoliosis and because my brother can't really use a sturdy leather one?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear