over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Water retention?

btails

Registered
So oddly I'm on:

300mg test p
200mg npp

Very confused as to why im holding so much water? At the end of the day when I take my socks off it's like wtf? Fairly large indent..

Quite confused, no high estro sides but taking 12.mg aromasin e3d

Carbs around 350-400g (rice, veggies, oatmeal)
Same with protein (chicken)
Fats ~50g (olive and fish oil)

I've been adding some pink Himalayan sea salt to my foods but wouldn't think itd do this?

Last edited:
Salt is salt bro, NaCl... That stuff has extra minerals etc but is still ~85% sodium chloride. Lose the salt and see if the water retention gets better.

Thanks man will do.. pretty obvious looking back but still cant believe it has this much of an impact!

Well, obviously its going to depend on just how much salt you are adding, and how much salt is in the rest of the food you eat.

Did you have water retention like this before you started taking the gear? Were you eating about the same diet before, and didn't have this problem?

All you can do is cut out the salt and see what happens. It should impact you within 24 hours or so. Take a look also at the other foods you eat. Any kind of preserved or prepared food such as soups and frozen dinners is going to have a lot of sodium, Na.

Maldorf, do you think increasing the Sodium to a consistent level would help?
This could osmotically pull the water from under your skin, keeping it in the muscle...double benefit for OP.
Reducing salt has im my opinion been a VERY short lived solution the body learns the trick within few days and offsets mineral retention...

Well, obviously its going to depend on just how much salt you are adding, and how much salt is in the rest of the food you eat.

Did you have water retention like this before you started taking the gear? Were you eating about the same diet before, and didn't have this problem?

All you can do is cut out the salt and see what happens. It should impact you within 24 hours or so. Take a look also at the other foods you eat. Any kind of preserved or prepared food such as soups and frozen dinners is going to have a lot of sodium, Na.

It's just plan chicken with some spices. Overall probably 4grams of sodium I think?

Its spread evenly across all meals. (Dont eat frozen dinners or processed foods)

The gear and sodium change were applied at the same time so it's hard to tell.

Will cut it for a day and see what happens.

Maldorf, do you think increasing the Sodium to a consistent level would help?
This could osmotically pull the water from under your skin, keeping it in the muscle...double benefit for OP.
Reducing salt has im my opinion been a VERY short lived solution the body learns the trick within few days and offsets mineral retention...

This is what I was trying to pull off.. the intake is consistent across all meals so figured body would normalize to it and would eventually look better from increased intake

Overall probably 4grams of sodium I think?

4grams is 4000mg of sodium. That's a ton of salt; personally if I consumed that much per day I'd be bloated as fuck and look like a water balloon lol

How much water are you drinking? If you have limited water intake then your body is definitely going to be holding water regardless of anti-e's and sodium intake.

Might be a good idea to pull labs to see how your kidney function is.

This is what I was trying to pull off.. the intake is consistent across all meals so figured body would normalize to it and would eventually look better from increased intake

How much do you weight?

Check kidney function ASAP.

Whats BP?

If you are getting labwork done get the E2 checked while youre there. No sides doesnt equal "all good".

If you are taking the needed AI’s then it could be something else like sodium intake or foods

From a dietary direction , try replacing your carbs with fruit and sweet potatoes for a week and see what happens , I’ve see people have a total different look be changing foods , eliminate dairy and so on

4grams is 4000mg of sodium. That's a ton of salt; personally if I consumed that much per day I'd be bloated as fuck and look like a water balloon lol
4 grams is nothing. I eat more than 10gs daily and a lot of knowledgeable people recommend it. E.g. stan efferding.

Gesendet von meinem MHA-L09 mit Tapatalk

4 grams is nothing. I eat more than 10gs daily and a lot of knowledgeable people recommend it. E.g. stan efferding.

Interesting. I'd never be able to consume that much,due to heart issues/BP meds

X2

The whole “salt makes you bloated and hold water” etc is outdated... Sodium is needed especially if active/training hard and drinking tons of water..

I’m pretty active and feel like garbage if I don’t add salt to all my meals and even to my water intake at times...

To the OP.... If your blood pressure is fine and you think e2 isn’t out of control, which unless you’re super sensitive it shouldn’t be on that cycle then;

1) what’s your bodyfat like? Are you one of these guys who’s 18% bodyfat and thinks they’re 10% and bloated? (Not trying to be a dick but we’ve seen those guys on here) or vice versa? A guy who’s used to being pretty damn lean and you’re eating more and seeing a bit of water retention which Is almost always usually accompanied by more food and you’re over reacting? Lol

2) Why not try dropping carbs for a few days, keep sodium and water intake high, especially if you’re active and see what happens? A couple days @ 100g carbs or so should reveal if it’s an issue..

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear