over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Changing goals, new territory

tkav1980

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
This may be a bit long winded but I am typing on my phone so maybe it just looks that way.

I'd argue, that in the grand scheme of things bodybuilders aren't the fittest people. Approaching 40 my desire is to be a strong and fit as my genetics will allow while improving my physique as much as possible. I understand how important diet is and feel I have a pretty good handle on that.

On my previous thread I stated that I have 2 days where I can train at the gym due to my schedule. I think I have that routine down to what I think will work.

As I'm thinking about this and what I can do at home I plan to add in some non bodybuilding training. A lot of the implements I can fabricate or purchase.

I was thinking I'd include a farmer's walk, tire flip, log press, sledge hammer work, loading lifts like keg and sandbags, various carries, atlas stones, and include both endurance and explosive cardio, weighted runs and hikes.

I think a good benchmark for being fit would mean being able to achieve a top score in the various special operations fitness tests that I've been able to look up online. Anecdotally, the guys I worked with who were active duty MARSOC raiders were monsters who were not only large but in incredible condition.

Since I'm not familiar, I dont understand how to program this effectively and would love some resources.
If anyone has any good links to reliable sources of information, I'd really appreciate it.

And yes I understand that at 5'7" training like this will not have me end up a 240 lb person but honestly at this point a solid 200lbs and all rlaround physical capability is more important to me.

It sounds to me like your wanting to do crossfit training at home. If you do a search on YouTube there are lots of videos on how to do crossfit traing routines at home. And like you said you wont get big on crossfit but you will definitely gain more agility, speed, and stamina. It will also lean you out alot with a proper diet.

I’m doing the same shit and I’m 29 lol

Being huge is cool for those who want that but I want to look good and actually be fit..

All of the above sounds good, might want to add in some kettle bells too and you can look up Pat McNamara for some cool ideas also.. He’s an ex Delta Force guy and does some pretty cool training with things you can either build or have at home, very unorthodox stuff and he looks pretty amazing and he’s like 56 years old lol..

You might want to train strongman on the weekend for 1.5 hours each day and have a 20-minute arm/abdominal 1 day or 2 on weekdays. It is a great plan for your schedule.

You don't need much material, just space, heavy things and imagination.

Read Josh Bryant's writings including his newest book "Tactical Shield Training". This is basically what he does now and is in great shape.

EDIT- Or contact him directly for coaching.

my thinking is that most of the things you listed open the door to more injury potential and joint pain.

my general plan for aging is things that are easy on joints, lower body weight, cardio, veggies, and minimal gear.

TKAV, funny to see u are in the journey i began not too long ago.
its def about longevity now. or SHOULD be.

ideally at 41 yrs old i wanna be as LEAN as i was in my prime BUT not as big.

its HIIT cardio for me now (as opposed to only walking on treadmill)
less calories (on less gear and dont wanna be as big so purposefully lowered protein intake) still eat low fat, but do lil more carbs then i did back in the day and like to think my HIIT cardio makes up for it and keeps me just as lean as when i used to pound protein, minimize carbs and was big and lean.
not as big now but goal is to be as lean.
i'm high hope that made sense:eek:
-F2S

If it makes you feel better, heading towards 40's I took a similar approach. For the past three years I've been eating 125g of protein per day, 90g of fat per day, and a ton of varied vegetables..... if you add it up, it's NOT a lot of calories and I've been flamed like crazy on here for it BUT in these three years, I have lost NO strength and all my measurements are exactly the same (two actually went up a bit) minus my waist which used to hover around 33 inches and is now usually 28 inches, maybe 30 inches if I'm really cheating a lot.

I do three days a week but a 2x a week full body Push/Pull would work fine, I believe AlphaDestiny has his program laid out that way.

Biggest tip: DON'T let people on here who are on a gram of test and doing bro splits and eating 12 meals a day from crap they learned in 1983 fear monger you. The amount of effort/food/gear it takes to MAINTAIN what you already have is laughable. Once you've held a physique for a good while, assuming it wasn't like pro-NPC caliber, you can maintain it with TRT, 2-3 days of solid, basic lifts and a more moderate protein dose (.6-.8 grams), you really don't need to pack on the starchy carbs any more because you're not building anything any more, people don't seem to understand this concept, as long as you have micronutrients, protein and weekly stimulus, you're not losing anything.

AlphaDestiny has good consolidated programs. MorePlatesMoreDates is a good example of how much you can maintain with test levels in the 450 range.

Last edited:

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner