over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

DAVE PULCINELLA Q AND A.

how many weeks did you diet for the north americans and what does your last week look like food and water wise and diuretics if you want to go that in depth, we would appreciate it! you looked very very dry at the NA's.

can you outline our pre contest diet?

what is your workout split?

ha your second, im first!!!

SLOWPOKE... WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG..lol ;)

boxers or briefs?

....................lmao, sorry needed a laugh, lotta "raw" tension here today.

welcome to the board dave, hope you make this your home instead of wasting time at getbig.

Hey dave, welcome and thanks for the oppertunity to pick your brains.

Was just wondering about your off season diet, do you stick to all clean calories and also what macro breakdown do you stick to do you carb cycle or stick to a set breakdown each day. Dont expect you to post your whole diet, but would be nice also:p

Basically if you could outline your 'general' diet and training philosophies for offseason and pre-contest. Although something tells me you dont have what most people call an offseason....lol.

how many weeks did you diet for the north americans and what does your last week look like food and water wise and diuretics if you want to go that in depth, we would appreciate it! you looked very very dry at the NA's.

i always diet for 20 weeks. the last 8 or 6 ( depending how far along i am) is when i pull all traces of dietary fats, though. up till then, i use flax oil. and an occasional tbspn of peanut butter.

no diuretics at all were used for this show. just cut my water about 8 olclock the night before the prejudge. switched to dry carbs at that point. the trick is to have no bodyfat at this point. if youve done your fat loss homework, you will drop water easily.

the last week. monday and tuesday are zero carbs. reintroduce carbs on wednesday morning. 2 gallons of water each day up to thursday. 1 gallon on friday. stop water 6-8 oclock friday ( assuming a saturday morning prejudge)

boxers or briefs?

....................lmao, sorry needed a laugh, lotta "raw" tension here today.

welcome to the board dave, hope you make this your home instead of wasting time at getbig.

definitely briefs!!!

getbig is a waste of time!!

dry carbs/dietary fats question

Hey Dave,

what sort of dry carbs did you eat on Friday prior to prejudging? Baked Sweet Potato and Dry Oats?..... so the last 8 to 6 weeks depending on your conditioning you pulled all your dietary fats? whoa! flax caps gone too?

Great to have you on pro muscle...excellent dvd's by the wayd

i always diet for 20 weeks. the last 8 or 6 ( depending how far along i am) is when i pull all traces of dietary fats, though. up till then, i use flax oil. and an occasional tbspn of peanut butter.

no diuretics at all were used for this show. just cut my water about 8 olclock the night before the prejudge. switched to dry carbs at that point. the trick is to have no bodyfat at this point. if youve done your fat loss homework, you will drop water easily.

the last week. monday and tuesday are zero carbs. reintroduce carbs on wednesday morning. 2 gallons of water each day up to thursday. 1 gallon on friday. stop water 6-8 oclock friday ( assuming a saturday morning prejudge)

Basically if you could outline your 'general' diet and training philosophies for offseason and pre-contest. Although something tells me you dont have what most people call an offseason....lol.

That was going to be my questions as well....How many Meals a day, what Kind of food and appx how much protein?

Hey Dave, Welcome to Pro Muscle! Great to have some older experienced guys here.

When you say you cut water at around 8ish the night before, what was your water intake from then till pre-judge? I agree with the NO Diuretics, not needed if your diet was right. Have you used glycerol and water the night before a show andif so what were your findings?

Thanks Dave.

Hey dave, welcome and thanks for the oppertunity to pick your brains.

Was just wondering about your off season diet, do you stick to all clean calories and also what macro breakdown do you stick to do you carb cycle or stick to a set breakdown each day. Dont expect you to post your whole diet, but would be nice also:p

my offseason diet still involves eating every 2 hours. i will include more variety than just "the 6 foods" i talk about in "raising the bar" i add top round and sirloin, peanut butter, whole wheat pasta and brown rice and whole eggs. i believe the fats are instrumental in promoting huge amounts of new muscular growth, espscially in the 3 moths after a show! a great window of opportunity for new growth exists in those 12 weeks after a show. the breakdown off season is usually 40-30-30.

my offseason diet still involves eating every 2 hours. i will include more variety than just "the 6 foods" i talk about in "raising the bar" i add top round and sirloin, peanut butter, whole wheat pasta and brown rice and whole eggs. i believe the fats are instrumental in promoting huge amounts of new muscular growth, espscially in the 3 moths after a show! a great window of opportunity for new growth exists in those 12 weeks after a show. the breakdown off season is usually 40-30-30.

dave

please check your private messages.

well, youre right that i dont let myself get all fat and outta shape in the off season. i dont think thats a good idea at all. just gives you way more work come contest time. plus, i like to be able to "grow into a show".

the main difference in my offseason and precontest diet is that i really narrow down my food choices pre contest and just stick to 6 basic and effective foods. all i do is adjust the AMOUNTS of these 6 foods and adjust the amount of cardio that i do around my caloric intake to keep my body moving towards shredded.

-boiled chicken breast
-yams
-tuna
-eggwhites
-oats
-broccoli

those 6 foods are literally all i will eat for at least the last 8-12 weeks. and water is the only beverage i will drink. no crystal lite, no diet anything ...oh, also no condiments the last 3 weeks so i can really see wwere my condition is minus any water retention subq.

Hey Dave, Welcome to Pro Muscle! Great to have some older experienced guys here.

When you say you cut water at around 8ish the night before, what was your water intake from then till pre-judge? I agree with the NO Diuretics, not needed if your diet was right. Have you used glycerol and water the night before a show andif so what were your findings?

Thanks Dave.

from the time i cut water, till the time i step onstage, i will take in only enough water to swallow my vitamins and/or take in a gulp or 2 every hour or so. i dont go totally no water as that invariably will flatten me out. never used glycerol.

When you listed 40 30 30 whats what. Is that protein, carbs, fats, in that order?

Also can we hear more about your workout both offseason and contest training.

Thanks for taking the time with this thread.

When you listed 40 30 30 whats what. Is that protein, carbs, fats, in that order?

Also can we hear more about your workout both offseason and contest training.

Thanks for taking the time with this thread.

correct. thats protein, carbs and fats in that order.

i train on a 4 day split year round. legs have their own day. chest with shoulders is another day. lats, traps, low back is day 3, and biceps and triceps day 4. this allows for plenty of recovery. reps are almost always in the 20 range with heavy weight using body english to get the last few. in rtb2 i got made fun of endlessly for my form on close grip pulldowns. funny, though, none of the people who were making fun of me would post a pic of their lats! lol!!

everyone was talking about how i will get injured training like that, yet ive been doing it for 20 years that way and have less injuries than most people half my age!!

nothing about my training changes from off season to precontest. the variables that change are my cardio and my diet.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisaac062224
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws