advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What's the longest you have taken cytomel / T3?

Dave_19

FOUNDING Member / Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I'm just curious, this question is really for those of you who don't have hypothyroidism. what the longest time period you remained on this drug? I hear a lot of conflicting info on duration, some sources say any thing longer then 6 weeks i just asking for trouble, others say 12-16 weeks w/ no problems?

I've heard from some pretty well respected vets that you can stay on t3 for very long periods of time at even higher doses and will not have a problem at the end. Apparently the thyroid is not like the HPTA where is recovers almost instantly.

I personally stayed on for 6weeks and ramped up to 125mcg. I had bloodwork done about a month later and everything was fine. Apparently its very important to ramp down t3. Much more important than ramping up.

see this is interesting to me i was just reading dave palumbos column in MD and he says that theres no need to ramp down the dose as the body wont know to kickstart its own production without there being a deficite... he also says that clen doesnt down regulate the receptors at the rate people think so 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off isnt nessacary... he states that the body notices the metabolism is crazy high and compensates for it thats why he says alot of people will add t3 to keep the metabolism up there... so this is kinda interesting with all these opinions atleast to me anyway

I've heard from some pretty well respected vets that you can stay on t3 for very long periods of time at even higher doses and will not have a problem at the end.

The guys you asked for info to may be "well respected vets", trust me when I say THEY DON'T KNOW SHIT about what they're talking... :rolleyes:

Long T3 intake (over 4 months) at just what is considered a "moderate dosage" in the BB world (50 mcg or so) can and will in most cases PERMANENTLY SHUT YOU DOWN. Period.

I've seen enough REAL bloodworks from people around me to know it's a fact.

If it eases guys' minds to think the contrary, that's their business... :cool:

Good Q

I have been doing a lot of research on the aforementioned compound cytomel... as well as armour. In general, I have found the same thing you mentioned... a lot of contradictory information. Some "vets" say 3 weeks taper up and down any longer and you risk perma supression. Others says you could go 10-12 weeks without many problems and havn't seen any "documented" cases of long term suppression following exogenous T3\T4.

For me personally, I will play it safe with this stuff until something more 'concrete' comes to the surface... better safe than sorry in any case. Good luck Dave.

I'm just curious, this question is really for those of you who don't have hypothyroidism. what the longest time period you remained on this drug? I hear a lot of conflicting info on duration, some sources say any thing longer then 6 weeks i just asking for trouble, others say 12-16 weeks w/ no problems?

I think the problem is to many people rely on the drug to do all the work, i used it back in the day and had no problem at all, but i was only using 25mcg monday, tuesday and wednesday and it worked great. People need to understand that diet is way more important than the drug itself. Also to answer your question i ran it for around 6-8 weeks if i recall.

Given what has already been stated, I think it is of primary importance to remember every one is different and will respond according to their respective "hormonal environment" at the time of administration. I do not know how much of a factor age plays into t3 usage, but the last time I used it I was 38 years old...probably older than most readers here.

That being said, I used t3 for my last show beginning at 25mcg/day, working up to 100mcg/day with 25mcg/day increases each week. I worked up to 100mcg/day over the course of 4 weeks, held the 100mcg/day for two weeks, then began a very long, slow taper down from the 75mcg/day immediately after the show, in 12.5mcg/day increments per week. Each week I dropped the dose by 12.5mcg/day. I was going to Hawaii on vacation 6 weeks after the show and took my time tapering off. So, all together I was using t3 for about 14-16 weeks. I had complete blood work done at the time and the only thing associated with the t3 was low calcium...which evidently can lead to cramping. I was experiencing slight cramping in the hands and neck. I have not used t3 in years and my last blood test results were completed 10/2007, everything spot on, except my test levels were on the low end of the range. I'm now 43 years old...age related!

Hope this helps and I am not advocating long term t3 usage by any means, but my experience was fine, up to 100mcg/day. I have no experience with levels higher than what I used. Get blood work done regardless.

My experience

t

The guys you asked for info to may be "well respected vets", trust me when I say THEY DON'T KNOW SHIT about what they're talking... :rolleyes:

Long T3 intake (over 4 months) at just what is considered a "moderate dosage" in the BB world (50 mcg or so) can and will in most cases PERMANENTLY SHUT YOU DOWN. Period.

I've seen enough REAL bloodworks from people around me to know it's a fact.

If it eases guys' minds to think the contrary, that's their business... :cool:

Besides this "REAL bloodworks(sic)" that you have supposedly seen, do you have a single study to back up this outlandish post????
Every study I've seen shows virtually no thyroid function impact from the use of T3, even at moderate to high doses for significant periods of time.

I ran t4 at 100mcg daily for 12weeks and had bloodwork done a month or two later and everything was fine. Maybe with t4, you can run it longer than t3.

any other input, I think a lot have gotten away with long periods on, its just better safe then sorry?

I think the problem is to many people rely on the drug to do all the work, i used it back in the day and had no problem at all, but i was only using 25mcg monday, tuesday and wednesday and it worked great. People need to understand that diet is way more important than the drug itself. Also to answer your question i ran it for around 6-8 weeks if i recall.

claymore, thank you for that post. what was your reasoning behind using it 3 consecutive days per week rather than EOD?

if i get on T3,even at small doses, I start losing eyebrow hairs, its very odd.

I ran t4 at 100mcg daily for 12weeks and had bloodwork done a month or two later and everything was fine. Maybe with t4, you can run it longer than t3.

T4 at 100MCG is only 25MCG of T3. That's a low dosage so 12 weeks is not bad. Remember people that run HGH also run T3 at like 12.5MCG for the whole time they are on HGH.
I think the key is the dosage, if you are going to run it at 100MCG then I would not run it more then 6 weeks. Lower dosage you can run longer.

Besides this "REAL bloodworks(sic)" that you have supposedly seen, do you have a single study to back up this outlandish post????
Every study I've seen shows virtually no thyroid function impact from the use of T3, even at moderate to high doses for significant periods of time.

My thoughts exactly! Wasnt even going to post about it because I think most guys on here are smart enough to recognize a suspect post!

Last edited:

Don't get too caught up in "studies"... because if i were to go by some "studies" i should turn into a monster on 600 mg test, and i would be on 300 mg anadrol for 6 months without even elevating liver enzyzmes...

i'd trust what someone like Phidias says... not only that, he said more than 4 months... that's a long ass time on T3... why the hell would you be on that amount for more than 4 months?

My thoughts exactly! Wasnt even going to post about it because I think most guys on here are smart enough to recognize a suspect post!

Really? :rolleyes:

Are you an endocrinologist dude? Have you ever spoken to one face to face?

Aside from reading on internet BB boards what so called experts who actually for the most don't know shit on the subject of hypothyroidism have to say about it, :rolleyes: have you actually done some serious medicinal research or been involved with doctors or patients?

Your post shows a great level of immaturity... for your own sake, please stop blindy trusting what's written on BB forums by some "vet" who's in fact just a screen name and nothing else except for very few :cool:

Nothing to add, believe what or who you want, I've nothing to prove to you or anyone else for that matter. BTW what would be my interest in misleading people :confused:

I'm no 12 years old stupid teen trying to get attention :mad: :rolleyes:

Buselmo, buddy, thanks for your words. :)

You seem to be the only one that sawI had said "4 months at least". Which is THE key point here...

But most guys are probably too lazy to read a post till the last word ;)

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131