over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Vitamin C Illegal in Canada ???

Nssca

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
So you want to take Vitamin C, how about if it was illegal to take that vitamin C, what if it was so illegal that you could be thrown in jail for up to 2 years and fined up to $5,000,000! Sounds like fiction doesn't it?

Well it's about to become reality unless people become aware of what is going on. The Canadian Government is trying to pass a bill known as Bill C51. This bill has already passed its second reading and it is flying under the radar, it is very close to becoming law and some powers that be DON'T WANT YOU TO KNOW! This bill would give entire control of supplements over to drug companies by only allowing MDs to "Prescribe" them as they see fit. Of course we know here in this country the government controls the doctors and the pharmaceutical companies tell the government what laws they want inorder to make more profit. What this means is that if you want to take a multivitamin or some Omega-3, you have to book an appointment with your doctor, go in and try to convince your doctor that you are in need of these supplements. If you doctor doesn't approve or better yet decides a certain drug would be better off for you then you unfortunately won't have access to your supplements anymore.

On top of this the entire natural supplement industry will collapse on itself, thousands of jobs will be lost and even more stress will be placed on our already crumbing over-stressed medical system. Imagine waiting over a month to get in to see your MD just to request if you can take some oregano oil for a cold that has now come and past, only to have your request denied anyway.

The irony of all this is that MDs who are NOT trained in the use of herbs and supplements for the most part will have full control over what you can and CANNOT TAKE. To summarize:

- No More Supplement Stores!

- Supplements are made illegal unless obtained through a prescription and 70% of all current supplements on the market will be removed!

- Prices for obtainable supplements will be higher than they are currently due to the monopolization, and being made into prescriptions!

- Restrict research and development of safe natural alternatives in favor of high risk drugs!

- Punish Canadians with little or no opportunity for protection or recourse for simply speaking about or giving a natural product without the approval of government!

- Fines of up to $5,000,000.00 and/or seek 2 years in jail per incident of being caught breaking any of these newly implemented laws. This includes USING OR SELLING SUPPLEMENTS WITHOUT GOVERNMENT APPROVAL!

- YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR RIGHTS AND FREEDOM OF CHOICE REGARDING YOUR OWN PERSONAL USE OF SUPPLEMENTS and NATURAL MEDICINE IN CANADA!

No More Vitamin C, No More Omega-3, No More Oregano Oil, No More Natural Multivitamins, No more natural sleep aids, NO MORE HERBS, VITAMINS, MINERALS. No more choice in what YOU want to do for YOUR HEALTH!

It has been said that these kinds of actions were the first things to happen before the NAZIs gained power. Even if you aren't interested in taking supplements yourself, you should realize that these kinds of actions are leading our society away from democracy and into some kind of dictatorship run government where people are losing their personal power and allowing the government to do anything they want.

Some rumors surrounding bill C-51 is that it is being pushed ahead by pharmaceutical company funding that want complete control of the supplement market by making them prescription only. It's ALL ABOUT THE MONEY! They're VERY interested in you taking supplements, because if you do odds are less likely you'll need THEIR DRUGS. On top of this rumor has it that the Canadian minister of health himself has very large investments in pharmaceutical companies, further backing Bill C-51 so he himself can profit from it! The worst part is he is going out and telling the ill informed that it is in their best interests. People out there need to know the truth!

What can you do?
Let people know, the best thing you can do is spread the word about this issue. When major media begin to take this seriously and cover the story more, then we can prevent these very negative changes. Start a petition or sign one of the current ones going around. This is really happening people and if we don't try to stop it now we'll be paying for it in the years to come.

Help STOP BILL C-51 before it passes. ITS NOT TOO LATE! This is a very scary reality that would allow pharmaceutical drug companies complete control over the Canadian Health System. It will be the end of the entire natural health industry, and the end of peoples choice in how they want to take care of their own health!

Visit **broken link removed** and http://nhppa.org to find out how you can stop this bill before it's too late!

Preserve your rights to use natural medicine!

Article Source: **broken link removed**

Damn, and I thought things were rough here in the US. You would think that something like that wont ever become law, but who knows in today's twisted world. I would think that there would be so many violators of the law that the gov. woudlnt be able to fully enforce such penalties.

crazy

what are they gonna do about oarnges? devitaminize them?

I thought Canada had a better health care system.

I thought Canada had a better health care system.

This isn't about the health care system, this is what happens when "conservative" neocons who have stronger ties to the pharmcorps than their own country get voted in.

C-51

ITS ALL ABOUT MONEY{GREECED PALMS & KICK BACKS}
GREEDY BASTARDS

I'm from Toronto and have not hreard of such. Toronto is usaully the 1st to know about everything going on in Canada.

This must be real under the radar then.

To be honest, nothing like this will pass up here, no way

Chip

You can read the legislation:

**broken link removed**

Sounds like a good idea to me.

This isn't about the health care system, this is what happens when "conservative" neocons who have stronger ties to the pharmcorps than their own country get voted in.

I didn't know Canada was full of conservatives, this is a first.

Conservatives?

It's not conservatives fighting for the bill, it's liberals. Black market? We already have a similar law in place in the U.S. and supplements are readily available here. In fact, I think every major country does. It's only problem is that it is too vague, but if they work on it then good for them. Apparently this has been in front of the govt. for 10 years and they never acted on it until know. My guess is because of all the recalls on food products that have happened in the last 5 years.

Like Flava said:

"Don't believe the hype!"

Last edited:
haha how could a judge sentence someone to prison for selling vitamins, could he honestly keep a straight face while telling someone there going away for 2 years lol

if this is true then were not to far off from being prescribed what we can eat!! You must eat our government genetically grown foods full of hormones or your going to jail! lol

Wow

Readily available here? You can't even buy plain ol tryptophane here, and it's just an amino aciid! It's no biz of ANY government what nutritional supps an individual takes.
Honestly it's morons like you that ruin peoples liberty, personal rights and freedoms!
And yes blackmarket! If things are made illegal to possess, especially something as simple as a nutritional product, then the blackmarket will grow and grow, stronger and stronger.

No Tryptophan? Somebody call the ACLU! This must be the most egregious violation ever purported on the American people. Who cares that it killed 37 people and caused an outbreak. I will also be calling my lawyer because Phil did not tell me his LBAs didn't contain tryptophan. I mean how effective can they be without the all important tryptophan?

I know we aren't supposed to talk about sources on here but does anyone know where I can score some vitamin C? I've been looking for the black market but every time I ask everyone tells me I can go to any drugstore, health food store, or GNC. I tell them no, I have to get it through the black market but they just stare at me.

Seriously though, if a supplement kills one person it's not worth it. Call me crazy but I value life itself whether it is mine or not. If a governments citizens are dying I would be more mad if nothing was done. I was pissed when ephedra was the target of legislation, but honestly, if it saves one kids life in poughkepsie then I don't mind paying the penalty.

No Tryptophan? Somebody call the ACLU! This must be the most egregious violation ever purported on the American people. Who cares that it killed 37 people and caused an outbreak. I will also be calling my lawyer because Phil did not tell me his LBAs didn't contain tryptophan. I mean how effective can they be without the all important tryptophan?

I know we aren't supposed to talk about sources on here but does anyone know where I can score some vitamin C? I've been looking for the black market but every time I ask everyone tells me I can go to any drugstore, health food store, or GNC. I tell them no, I have to get it through the black market but they just stare at me.

Seriously though, if a supplement kills one person it's not worth it. Call me crazy but I value life itself whether it is mine or not. If a governments citizens are dying I would be more mad if nothing was done. I was pissed when ephedra was the target of legislation, but honestly, if it saves one kids life in poughkepsie then I don't mind paying the penalty.

I agree with you, but this kind of law making is a slippery slope. We have to be careful letting them make decisions like this. Anything can kill when abused. Hell, water can. People die every year from asprin and tylenol. Lets not forget about alcohol and tobacco. I'm all about banning harmful products, but lets make sure they are actually dangerous and not targeted for the sake of better profits or plain old oppression.

Think "small government".

I love reading the fines the Gov thinks they can throw at yah. They would have a rough time collecting 5million from a billionair let alone your average Joe. The fines are such a joke, and so is the jail time. Its all scare tactics.

Here's some background info on the proposed bill. Hope you enjoy the reading!

Cheers!

Sniper97

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Link: ----->**broken link removed**

Bill C-51 and Natural Health Products - The Facts

PDF Version Bill C-51 and Natural Health Products - The Facts (PDF version) (54 KB)

PDF Version in Chinese Bill C-51 and Natural Health Products - The Facts (PDF version in Chinese will open in a new window) (124.2 KB)

1. How will Bill C-51 change the way natural health products are regulated?

Bill C-51 will not affect the way that natural health products are regulated in Canada. The Natural Health Product Regulations, introduced in 2004, will continue to operate the same way under the proposed Bill C-51. Bill C-51 has been drafted to complement and support current policies for natural health products.

The Natural Health Product Regulations already recognize that natural health products are different from drugs, and that the evidence requirements for drugs are not appropriate for natural health products. Bill C-51 does not change this. In fact, Bill C-51 supports different requirements for different types of products. Therefore, the standards that are used to assess the risks and benefits of natural health products will continue to incorporate history of use, traditional uses and cultural practices.

The regulated activities for natural health products have already been identified in the Natural Health Product Regulations, and do not change. These regulated activities are: manufacturing, packaging, labelling, importation and distribution of natural health products for sale. Revisions to the list of controlled activities in Bill C-51 are only for cells, tissues and organs.

For natural health products, compliance and enforcement activities will continue to be guided by the Compliance Policy for Natural Health Products and the Health Products and Food Branch Inspectorate's Policy--0001. This means that any future decision to take action will continue to be based on the same risk-based principles used today: the higher the risk to human health and safety posed by a natural health product, the more immediate the compliance and enforcement action.

2. Why is it necessary to regulate natural health products?

The legislation requires vigilance to ensure that tainted products are found and recalled, that what is on the label is actually in the bottle, and that health claims are supported by evidence. Health Canada often issues warnings about mislabelled products or products that have serious adverse reactions. For example, diethylene glycol was found in fluoridated toothpaste and liver toxicity has been associated with the use of a Black cohosh product that was found to contain a species of the plant different than the one stated on the label. We have also seen cases where a natural health product makes a completely unfounded health claim- the ability to cure cancer or SARS for example. In addition, the increasing import of products and ingredients from foreign countries will require oversight to assure product safety and quality for Canadians.

3. Why aren't natural health products regulated and legislated as foods?

The Natural Health Products Regulations were developed based on the recommendations of the Standing Committee on Health.

During the development of the Regulations, the vast majority of stakeholders indicated that they did not want natural health products regulated as foods.

4. Will Bill C-51 cause the price of natural health products to rise?

No. Under Bill C-51, Canadians will continue to have access to natural health products that are safe, effective and of high quality. The Bill will not limit access to natural health products nor should it increase their costs as it does not call for a change to the way in which these products are regulated.

5. Will jobs be lost or will the supply of natural health products be restricted by Bill C-51?

Under Bill C-51, Canadians will continue to have access to natural health products that are safe, effective and of high quality. The Bill will not limit access to natural health products nor does it call for a change in their regulatory status (from over-the-counter to prescription).

6. Will I still be able to get my natural health product at my local health food store under Bill C-51?

Yes. Canadians will continue to have access to natural health products that are safe, effective and of high quality. The Bill does not apply to retail sale of natural health products and therefore will not alter consumers' ability to access products.

7. Will naturopathic doctors and other health care practitioners have continued access to the products they need to assist their clients?

Yes. Bill C-51 does not target practitioners who compound products for their patients.

8. Is Bill C-51 targeting natural health products practitioners or consumers?

No, the activities of natural health products practitioners falls under provincial jurisdiction. Personal use of products by consumers is also not affected by Bill C-51.

The regulated activities for natural health products are already identified in the Natural Health Products Regulations, and remain unchanged. These activities are: manufacturing, packaging, labelling, importation and distribution of natural health products for sale.

The new definition of "sale" in Bill C-51 will not affect practitioners. The relationship between practitioner and patient for compounding falls under the definition of "practice of medicine" and is under provincial jurisdiction. Bill C-51 respects this arrangement.

9. What harm/safety issues justify the Natural Health Products Regulations?

The Natural Health Products Regulations are the Government of Canada's response to the Standing Committee on Health's 1997 report "Natural Health Products: A New Vision". In its report, the Standing Committee recommended that a unique regulatory framework for natural health products, separate from the Food and Drug Regulations, be created. These recommendations were made following a thorough analysis of consumer use of natural health products as well as the way in which these products were being regulated at the time (as drugs under the Food and Drug Regulations).

While natural health products are generally low risk, Health Canada has addressed a number of health and safety issues relating to natural health products, as was found with adulterated products such as the prescription drugs benzodiazepines in sleep aids and sildenafil in herbal products for erectile dysfunction.

There have been substitution problems as was found with diethylene glycol in fluoridated toothpaste, and incorrect plants being used in a Black Cohosh product (which are for relief of the symptoms of menopause). Also, where good manufacturing practices have not been respected, there have been safety issues around bacterial contamination, and the presence of heavy metals, including arsenic and lead. Infants, children and the elderly are particularly vulnerable to these types of contamination.

10. How will Bill C-51 impact manufacturers/suppliers of, and thereby my access to, professional caliber therapeutic products?

Bill C-51 will not impact the way in which natural health products are regulated in Canada. Manufacturers and importers of natural health products will continue to be subject to the same regulatory requirements they have been subject to since the implementation of the Natural Health Products Regulations in January 2004.

11. The definition of 'therapeutic products' in the Bill is fairly broad. Natural health products are not really mentioned, where do they fall within this broad definition and is there a way to be more distinct within it?

Under Bill C-51 the term "therapeutic products' encompasses a range of products sold for therapeutic purposes, including drugs, medical devices, biologics, and natural health products. This does not change the classification of a natural health product nor impose additional requirements.

Natural health products will continue to be defined under the Natural Health Products Regulations which will not change under Bill C-51.

12. Does Bill C-51 require natural health product manufacturers, importers, packagers and labellers to obtain an establishment license instead of a site license?

No, Bill C-51 does not change the requirements for site licensing of the natural health product industry. The requirements for a natural health product site license remain consistent with the Natural Health Products Regulations. This applies to natural health product manufacturers, importers, labellers and packagers.

The term "establishment license" is an umbrella term that is used in Bill C-51 to support a number of different types of licenses that are required to manufacture products. Bill C-51 will allow different types of "establishment licenses" to be created, including site licenses for natural health products, and site registration for other products. These existing licensing systems will not change.

13. Will a health food store require a special license to sell natural health products?

No. The Natural Health Products Regulations do not impose product licence requirements on retailers. The controlled activities covered by the Regulations include: manufacturing, packaging, labelling and importation of natural health products for commercial sale and distribution in Canada

14. Does section 15.1(4) of this Bill give the power to designate therapeutic products as drugs? Could natural health products be swept into the class of 'drugs' and require prescription given this power?

Under the current Food and Drugs Act, products are either classified as drugs, cosmetics foods, or medical devices. Natural health products are presently classified as a subset of drugs, but have their own unique regulatory framework (the Natural Health Products Regulations) separate from the regulatory regime for drugs (the Food and Drug Regulations)

Under Bill C-51, the term "therapeutic products' encompasses a range of products, including pharmaceutical drugs, medical devices, biologics, cells, tissues and organs, and natural health products. This does not change the classification of a natural health product nor impose additional requirements, such as requiring a prescription.

15. I am afraid that by lumping natural health products into the broad definition of "therapeutic products" used in the Bill, that the line will become blurred between natural therapeutics and drugs. As an ND, I cannot prescribe drugs. Thus, I fear that in future, I may lose my rights to prescribe vital nutrients, herbs and remedies to patients.

Bill C-51 will not impact the way in which natural health products are regulated in Canada. While classified as therapeutic products under the Bill, natural health products will continue to be regulated under their own regulatory system - the Natural Health Products Regulations - which is separate from the regulatory system for drugs.

There is nothing in Bill C-51 that changes the regulatory status of natural health products from over-the-counter, as they are now, to prescription. Under Bill C-51, Canadians will continue to have access to natural health products that are safe, effective and of high quality.

16. Since the introduction of the Natural Health Products Regulations, is there an example of a natural health product being converted to a prescription drug?

No. Since the Natural Health Products Regulations came into force in 2004, there have been no amendments to convert a product from a natural health product to a prescription drug.

17. What licensing will be required under Bill C-51 to permit a mother to give her child a tablet of vitamin C?

No licence whatsoever will be required. The Bill does not target the personal use of natural health products by Canadians, including mothers who give natural health products to their children.

18. Do Natural Health Products require DIN numbers?

No they do not. Natural health products require a Natural Product Number (NPN) or, in the case of homeopathic medicines, a Homeopathic Medicine Number (DIN-HM) in order to be legally sold in Canada. This requirement has been in place since January 1, 2004 under the Natural Health Products Regulations. The evidence requirements under the Natural Health Products Regulations are flexible, and different from those relating to DIN drugs. The standards that are used to assess the risks and benefits of natural health products will continue to incorporate history of use, traditional uses and cultural practices.

19. Is there a way to appeal a decision made by Health Canada regarding the licensing of a natural health product?

Sections 9(2) and 9(3) of the Natural Health Products Regulations provide stakeholders with the option to request that the Department, on behalf of the Minister of Health, reconsider its decision to refuse to issue or amend a product license.

20. Does Bill C-51 push natural health products under the same laws as prescription drugs?

Natural health products will continue to be regulated as over-the-counter products under the Natural Health Products Regulations, which have been in force since January 1, 2004.

21. Will changes to the Food and Drugs Act result in a ban on natural health products? Will this change mean a prescription will be required for natural health products, like Vitamin C?

No. There is nothing in Bill C-51 that changes the regulatory status of natural health products from over-the-counter, as they are now, to prescription. Under Bill C-51, Canadians will continue to have access to natural health products that are safe, effective and of high quality.

Natural health products will continue to be regulated in the same way under the Natural Health Product Regulations, which have been in force since January 1, 2004.

22. Why does Bill C-51 change the definition of "sell" and how will this impact small natural health product business owners?

Under Bill C-51, the definition of "sell" is amended to provide clarity with respect to distribution and leasing activities. These clarifications would mainly apply to cells, tissues and organs and to medical devices. These changes do not impact natural health products.

23. What is the future under Bill C-51 for supplements and will there be regulated doses? Will 100mg tablets of vitamin C be available and allowed without prescription?

The Bill will not limit access to natural health products nor does it call for a change in their regulatory status (from over-the-counter to prescription).

Under Bill C-51, Canadians will continue to have ready access to a wide range of over-the-counter natural health products, including vitamin and mineral supplements of various doses and levels.

Allowable dosage levels for all natural health products will continue to be determined by the evidence provided to support their safety and efficacy.

24. What impact will Bill C-51 have on the prescribing relationship between a naturopathic doctor and their patient?

No impact whatsoever. Bill C-51 does not target practitioners who compound products for their patients and respects the practitioner-patient relationship.

The practice of medicine falls within provincial jurisdiction.

25. If Bill C-51 passes, will this mean that ALL or most therapeutic products will need a prescription from a doctor?

No. Bill C-51 does not change the classification of a natural health product nor impose additional requirements such as changing their status from "over-the-counter" to prescription.

26. How will Bill C-51 impact clinical trials?

The requirements for conducting clinical trials involving natural health products are outlined in the Natural Health Products Regulations, which have been in force since January 1, 2004.

Bill C-51 will not change the manner in which clinical trials for natural health products are reviewed and authorized by Health Canada.

27. Will the increased enforcement powers, fines and penalties in Bill C-51 lead to more compliance action against natural health product companies?

Updates to the Act will not result in more compliance and enforcement action taken for regulated products, including natural health products. A modernized Act will allow Health Canada to undertake more effective compliance and enforcement activities by providing the Department with the authority to act based on a product's level of risk.

The fact is that the current compliance and enforcement portions of the Food and Drugs Act are over 50 years old and need to be updated. Canada lags significantly behind other parts of the world in this area, especially the United States, Europe, and Australia.

The compliance and enforcement proposals will allow us to respond to risks, regardless of the product type - they will not result in more enforcement action taken against natural health products or any other regulated product. In fact, the approach to compliance and enforcement activities for natural health products will stay the same, and will continue to be guided by the Compliance Policy for Natural Health Products and the Health Products and Food Branch Inspectorate's Policy--0001. Any decision to take action will be based on the same risk-based principles that are used today: the higher the risk posed by a product, the more immediate the compliance and enforcement action.

28. Does Bill C-51 allow inspectors to go into private homes at will?

No. If an inspector needed to enter a private home, they would have to have the owner's consent or, after making a compelling case to a judge, a warrant to enter. There is nothing in Bill C-51 that changes this.

Some manufacturing sites may not be situated on public roads or beside public spaces. The Bill contains a provision that would permit inspectors to cross private property to gain access to a manufacturing site. This provision does not, in any way, permit an inspector to enter a private home without consent or a warrant.

29. Why is it necessary to have such a dramatic increase in fines and penalties?

While fines under Bill C-51 have increased, the highest fines are intended to be applied for the most severe contraventions. A minor contravention would not be treated in the same manner as an incident that has significant impacts on the health and safety of Canadians. For instance, in dealing with cases of counterfeit, Health Canada has been limited to imposing a maximum fine of $5,000. This is in comparison with other jurisdictions where fines for similar contraventions have been in excess of $5,000,000.

Canada's fines and penalties structure is over 50 years old and is significantly behind modern international regulatory authorities such as the United States, Europe, Australia and New Zealand. Canadians deserve the same protections as citizens of other countries. An increase in fines and penalties will deter companies who do not intend to comply with the Food and Drugs Act and its Regulations. The increase is meant to emphasize the importance of maintaining the integrity of the Canadian supply chain, which all Canadians rely on for safe health products.

30. Since there is a backlog in approvals for natural health products, will the natural health products that are not approved be subject to the seizure and fine powers under Bill C-51?

The Natural Health Products Regulations are enforced pursuant to the Compliance Policy for Natural Health Products, which employs a risk-based approach to enforcement.

Compliance and enforcement action will be taken if the natural health product has not been issued a submission number or the product has been identified as posing an unacceptable risk to the health and safety of Canadians.

For more information on the Compliance Policy for Natural Health Products, please visit this website:

* Health Canada - Compliance Policy for Natural Health Products

31. Can Health Canada seize your bank account?

No. This authority does not currently exist in the Act nor is it included in Bill C-51.

32. Will inspectors be able to levy fines up to five million dollars or seek two years in jail for the suspect?

No. Inspectors cannot levy fines or sentence people to terms in prison. As is currently the case under the Food and Drugs Act, only those regulated parties who are prosecuted and found guilty through the judicial process are subject to the fines and penalties provisions of the Food and Drugs Act. Accordingly, such fines and imprisonment terms can only be applied by the courts.

33. How many inspectors will Health Canada, Canadian Food Inspection Agency and the Canadian Border Services Agency have because of Bill C-51?

Bill C-51 itself does not increase the number of inspectors for Health Canada, the Canadian Food Inspection Agency or the Canadian Border Services Agency.

34. If a natural health product is licensed to do one thing and a naturopathic doctor tells me to use it for another issue, am I or the naturopathic doctor committing a crime?

No you are not committing a crime. Bill C-51 does not target the health care practitioner/patient relationship or the personal use of products by consumers.

However, Health Canada always encourages consumers to use products in accordance with the label instructions or to seek the advice of a health care practitioner prior to "off-label" use (i.e. using a product for a reason other than what is indicated on the label).

35. What happens if a natural health product is deemed to be dangerous and the retailer will not remove it from the shelves?

A product that has been determined by way of scientific assessment to be dangerous, and which the retailer nevertheless chooses to leave on the shelves would pose a serious and imminent risk to health and safety and, as such, would warrant risk mitigation steps. Accordingly, and consistent with the Health Products and Food Branch Inspectorate's Policy-0001, "Compliance and Enforcement Policy," Health Canada would seize such a product.

36. Does the Minister of Health own any shares in a pharmaceutical company?

No.

37. Will Bill C-51 interfere with our Charter rights?

No.

38. Why should Health Canada be able to decide what a Natural Health Product can or cannot say in regards to claims of health benefit?

Health Canada's mission is to help the people of Canada maintain and improve their health. Part of this includes having appropriate checks in place to help ensure that the natural health products Canadians use are safe, effective and of high quality and also that products are labelled accordingly and truthfully (including any warnings or cautions) so that Canadians can make safe and informed choices.

Having a unique set of regulations for natural health products allows for them to be considered within appropriate parameters, and allows for health claims to be made based on evidence that is appropriate for these kinds of products.

39. If someone wants to take a natural health product in a way that is not approved by Health Canada, but has worked for them in the past, why can't that person make the decision that's right for them?

Bill C-51 will in no way impact the way in which consumers choose to use products.

However, Health Canada always encourages consumers to use products in accordance with the label instructions or to seek the advice of a health care practitioner prior to "off-label" use (i.e. using a product for a reason other than what is indicated on the label).

40. Is Bill C-51 going to impact the rules surrounding growing an herb garden?

No. Growing is not a regulated activity under Bill C-51's "controlled activities".

41. Will Bill C-51 impact my ability to hold a pot-luck dinner?

No.

If you have any questions, or comments on the proposed Action Plan and/or the proposed legislation changes, please contact us by e-mail or by calling 1-866-891-4542.

Dumbass, you didn't even know what tryptophan was until you looked it up. Ignorance is what kills, not supplements.
May i ask what your profession is, not that it matters, but curious???

Actually I didn't know what tryptophane was, but tryptophan I knew. The alleged sleepy maker at thanksgiving. Now, I did not know tryptophan was banned as a dietary supplement and so went to see why. Once I read the info 37 people being killed and an epidemic that affected 1500 people. Yeah, I'd say good call Uncle Sam. Do I feel slighted that I didn't know? Nope, my learning is a life-long endeavor. I thank you for providing me new subject matter to seek out.

My background? Let's look at my youngest cousins' background. She hasn't even started high school yet, and knows the supplement industry is alive and well in the U.S. because of all the health food stores and everyone wants to look good. She's heard of knows tryptophan in turkey and that it makes you sleepy. She could careless that it was banned. That being said she asks what any intelligent person would ask. Why was it banned?

Last edited:
Actually I didn't know what tryptophane was, but tryptophan I knew. The alleged sleepy maker at thanksgiving. Now, I did not know tryptophan was banned as a dietary supplement and so went to see why. Once I read the info 37 people being killed and an epidemic that affected 1500 people. Yeah, I'd say good call Uncle Sam. Do I feel slighted that I didn't know? Nope, my learning is a life-long endeavor. I thank you for providing me new subject matter to seek out.

My background? Let's look at my youngest cousins' background. She hasn't even started high school yet, and knows the supplement industry is alive and well in the U.S. because of all the health food stores and everyone wants to look good. She's heard of knows tryptophan in turkey and that it makes you sleepy. She could careless that it was banned. That being said she asks what any intelligent person would ask. Why was it banned?

Actually, BAD call uncle sam. Do some research.

I did.

Why do you think it is a bad call? The only thing I read was some people saying that it wasn't the tryptophan that caused the problem but I didn't see any evidence to support their claim aside from them saying so. If you direct me to it I would appreciate it.

Sorry, I'm not gonna spoon feed you like a baby. And there is no such thing as a tryptophan outbreak. Read a freakin book for cryin out loud or maybe post like your curious and not like you know it all.

Staff online

• Bio
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisaac062224
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner