over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Current Style of Training You Prefer:

What Is Your CurrenT Style of Training?

• DC/HIT Type of training

Votes: 337 39.7%
  • High Volume

Votes: 180 21.2%
  • Sling-shot (alternating between high and low volume)

Votes: 110 13.0%
  • High Frequency Training with moderate/low volume

Votes: 152 17.9%
  • Other

Votes: 69 8.1%

• Total voters

Lenny

IFBB PRO / Featured Member/Kilo Klub
IFBB PROS
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I have pretty much done many of styles of training. When I was younger I thought more sets (high volume) was the best way just because I loved the feel. Over the years I have dropped my sets and gym time down. These days I train more often, just way fewer sets than before. So, I pretty much would say I am low-moderate volume more often. Just thought it would be interesting to see people's current training preferences.

I've been training for 23 years and only recently discovered DC. I LOVE it.

Love DC training, definitely brings a whole new feel and approach to training and I look forward to it every day in the gym. Beating the log book provides that since of accomplishment. Currently training in a similar split with slightly more volume and liking it a lot.

I'm reading and learning about DC training and am incorperating ideas into my workout. However its not excact so I have to vote for the high frequencey low volume. I'm trying to slowly incorperate more and more DC as I learn it correctly.

More frequency, low/mod volume.

I had done the reverse for about a year straight and I have been gaining strength MUCH faster/more efficiently with this style of training. Body is learning to recover better/more quickly it also seems.

I need to look into this DC & HIT training. Where does one find info on these? Should I just google it?

DC, revolving around the basic powerlifts, and powerlift assistance exercises. Virtually all as heavy as possible for a given rep range (lower reps/heavier weight), and compound exercises.

I need to look into this DC & HIT training. Where does one find info on these? Should I just google it?

You go to the link in my signature for DC training.

I switched to DC training back when i decided to pick up the weights again and i definitely think the ease with which i have managed to pack size back on after a 2 year lay-off can attributed to the DC style training along with nutrition.

I have to say that it flies in the face of what i thought was right for years BUT i am happy to realize that i was wrong. Now i sit back and wonder what results i could have gotten if i had tried this years ago.

i do what phil tells me to do. i dont know what category that really falls under but it works so i just do that.

ditto...

curious what his methods fall under, don't want to say too much about what he has me doing, i'm thinking it's somewhat proprietary...

DC training is by far my favorite. Doing a search on past posts I have been able to also throw something together that I believe Phil prefers.

I just love the fact that I am in-and-out of the gym in a short time, while having it be the most effective plan(s) I have used.

BMJ

Doing PHIL style also...i like it since im not in the gym all day which is good for my current schedule.

..I tried DC a few years ago...granted I wasnt near as experienced in training..but I found it REALLY hard to do without having a spotter around who does DC without a spotter or partner.. and any tips???

RONJON

I made my best gains when I switched from a high frequency style to HIT/DC style training. I think its best to keep things simple with short high intensity workouts

but I found it REALLY hard to do without having a spotter around who does DC without a spotter or partner.. and any tips???

Try the "hey bro" approach. It's pretty simple, just randomly pick people out and make it sound like they won a million dollars. Example, (big smile) "HHEEeey broseph!!" (put the smile away and go back to normal), "can I get a spot?"

While on cycle, I am a firm believer in a full body approach, three days a week, switching up what exercises are up front.

dog may not like being in same category as HIT

i've been doing low volume/high frequency work for so long that i forgot how to train with high volume :D ... I like to do a depletion workout the week before a contest, and when that time comes, it just feels weird to spend 60-75 minutes training :confused: ....
Always looked worse whenever i switched to high volume...

..I tried DC a few years ago...granted I wasnt near as experienced in training..but I found it REALLY hard to do without having a spotter around who does DC without a spotter or partner.. and any tips???RONJON

I've been training DC for the last few years and I've never had a training partner or spot. If available, use a Smith Machine for your chest and shoulder work etc. In addition, Hammer Strength works well, and both will allow you to workout without a spotter.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GhostriderTX
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws