advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Thinking of doing a nice detox in the new year.

The Wolf

Kilo Klub Member
Im thinking doing a detox for a month, I even want to go off protein and really give my body a break and clense my system out. Anybody recomend a good plan or web site? Btw, I have been off the juice for 6 months or so and have crashed real bad so Im not even bothered at this stage about bodybuilding diets ect. Any opinions would be appreciated:)

That is an excellent idea wolf, and I detox a few times a year, but I have also been TRYING to incorporate detox methods into my daily life. For one I bought a water ionizer about a year ago, and its benefits are too many too list..you should check them out.

Im sure you know a lot of ways to detox, without even realizing it. Here are a few things i do to help my body detox. The only water i drink is my ionized water, and that has eliminated my ibs. I think bodybuilders, and people that workout seriously already do many hings on a daily basis that are great for detoxing.

I take herbs such as dandelion root, burdock and milk thistle to protect and keep my liver clean.

I eat plenty of fiber which is a great detoxifier. Brown rice and fresh fruits and vegetables. Beets, radishes, artichokes, cabbage, broccoli, are great detox foods.

Of course working out is an awsome detoxifier.

I also use a natural colon cleanse, and i feel that this is a must for a good detox.

The sauna is also a great way to sweat out a lot of toxins as well.

scam

colon cleansing is a huge scam. the main ingredient in them is psyliium husk (metamucil). don't waste your money.

Thanks for the feedback, I guess we do detoxing without realizing but I just want to keep it regimental for one month and probably trim up as well. I did buy detox supplements before like those colon cleansing stuff but I think I will just stick to natural food this time. I even want to stop taking vitamins and other supplements and only working with food just for month. We will see if I still got the disciplne to do it, I beleive I can.

The idea that one needs a "detox" and the ways these are done are a bunch BS in my opinion. You certainly wont find any scientific backing for these ideas. In fact, you might actually tox out your body and hurt your kidneys by doing a fasting "detox".

But maybe I'm wrong and someone can explain which specific toxins we are talking about and talk about how the detox regimen helps the body rid itself from these toxins. The mechanisms behind it. :)

The idea that one needs a "detox" and the ways these are done are a bunch BS in my opinion. You certainly wont find any scientific backing for these ideas. In fact, you might actually tox out your body and hurt your kidneys by doing a fasting "detox".

But maybe I'm wrong and someone can explain which specific toxins we are talking about and talk about how the detox regimen helps the body rid itself from these toxins. The mechanisms behind it. :)

Im not talking about a hardcore detox like those women do in their magazines but more or less eating a diet that consists of fruit and veg and boiled food. My main aim is to revitalise my organs like kidneys instead of putting a strain on them. I will be avoiding dairy products,wheat and gluten for one month. Other foods I will avoid for month is,
Yeast
Alcohol
Food additives and preservatives
Chocolate
High-Fat Foods

I will be avoiding caffein and I love coffee so that will be a test, its good to challenge your willpower. Muslims do it with fasting but I think this is tougher and more beneficial. Avoiding coffee and drinking herbal tea, now that is fucking torture!

I agree with TOM and KS... just take psyllium husks regularly and drink a lot of water... so probiotics would be nice too (if you have a problem there)...

most of the "nasty shit" that comes out during a "detox" is usually caused by the detoxing crap they sell...

If your piss and sweat don't have a putrid smell, your gas doesn't smell bad, and your mouth doesn't smell bad, you don't have fucking toxins.

If that's not the case, find out the source (mostly it's either not drinking enough water, not taking in fiber [psyllium], or poor digestion/absorption [need probiotics])

Im not talking about a hardcore detox like those women do in their magazines but more or less eating a diet that consists of fruit and veg and boiled food. My main aim is to revitalise my organs like kidneys instead of putting a strain on them. I will be avoiding dairy products,wheat and gluten for one month. Other foods I will avoid for month is,
Yeast
Alcohol
Food additives and preservatives
Chocolate
High-Fat Foods

I will be avoiding caffein and I love coffee so that will be a test, its good to challenge your willpower. Muslims do it with fasting but I think this is tougher and more beneficial. Avoiding coffee and drinking herbal tea, now that is fucking torture!

I understand avoiding harmful foods and allergy causing foods or what have you. And fasting for psychological reasons I understand too. But a lot of people think many foods are a stressor to the body when in fact they may be the opposite. Protein isn't stressful in reasonable amounts, and things like whey have antioxidant effects. Coffee contains lots of antioxidants and may reduce the likelihood of diabetes and protect the liver. Chocolate is full of antioxidants and may have many other health benefits.

I'm pretty analytical so that's why I always ask what we are trying to accomplish, is there a clear need to do something, how will this be accomplished and is there logic behind the idea? For example, is some organ "stressed out" for a fact and is it in need of "revitalizing" and will this method or detox really accomplish this?

Organic Apple Cider Vinegar

This stuff will clean you out! Just drink this and eat only oranges and it will clean your intestines out.

**broken link removed**

I understand avoiding harmful foods and allergy causing foods or what have you. And fasting for psychological reasons I understand too. But a lot of people think many foods are a stressor to the body when in fact they may be the opposite. Protein isn't stressful in reasonable amounts, and things like whey have antioxidant effects. Coffee contains lots of antioxidants and may reduce the likelihood of diabetes and protect the liver. Chocolate is full of antioxidants and may have many other health benefits.

I'm pretty analytical so that's why I always ask what we are trying to accomplish, is there a clear need to do something, how will this be accomplished and is there logic behind the idea? For example, is some organ "stressed out" for a fact and is it in need of "revitalizing" and will this method or detox really accomplish this?

The reason I will be stopping caffeine for one month and only one month is because I drink too much coffee and before my body used to respond well to a cup of java before workouts but Im so used to it that it dont do shit. Ive done this before, I stopped drinking coffee for a short time and when I get back to drinking coffee, I really feel the benefits of the caffeine!

Your right, the main reason Im doing this is also for psycholigcal reasons and I beleive it will be a springboard to a healthier lifetsyle.

Been thinking about doing the same, but havent done enough research yet.

What is a little bothering is that if you go on a complete detox the heavy metals like quicksilver etc get released from parts of your body and then float free in your system, and it can end up in more sensitive places in your brain etc...

So i would recommend to include lots of omega 3 and 6 and lots of onions and garlic to help carry the metals out.

There is alot more things you could and should do while fasting/detoxing, you should research alot about this.

Dont just go on a juice fast and think it will be good for your health.

You need to do alot of stuff to make it healthy.

I agree with TOM and KS... just take psyllium husks regularly and drink a lot of water... so probiotics would be nice too (if you have a problem there)...

most of the "nasty shit" that comes out during a "detox" is usually caused by the detoxing crap they sell...

If your piss and sweat don't have a putrid smell, your gas doesn't smell bad, and your mouth doesn't smell bad, you don't have fucking toxins.

If that's not the case, find out the source (mostly it's either not drinking enough water, not taking in fiber [psyllium], or poor digestion/absorption [need probiotics])

Thats quite a good point as i ticked all them boxes, as in don't have any of them. That being said i take vit c, hawthorn berry, drink green tea, liv 52. I also at bed time take psyllium husk and aloe vera, and the next morning one of the 1st things i have to do is pay a toilet visit and then again an hour later or so. Defo cleans me out nicely...;)

Can someone please explain to me what a toxin is, and then continue to explain how my body produces toxins, how they arise, the mechanisms in which they arise and the mechanisms involved with the damage that my body "toxins" hurt the rest of my body? Please... pretty please.

Can someone please explain to me what a toxin is, and then continue to explain how my body produces toxins, how they arise, the mechanisms in which they arise and the mechanisms involved with the damage that my body "toxins" hurt the rest of my body? Please... pretty please.

Toxins

**broken link removed**

Wolf.. bro...
is there something (other than the crash) that's making you feel bad? i mean, do you have severe bloating, constipation, or a real physical problem?

If not, i'd really just encourage you to eat a good diet (not bodybuilding diet), and regularly use psyllium husks.

If you are going to do a detox, make sure you DON'T PAY MONEY FOR IT!!! because lets face it, it's just another marketing scam.

and make sure that the "ingredients" to this detox aren't causing the weird looking shit that comes out.

be safe bro

Wolf.. bro...
is there something (other than the crash) that's making you feel bad? i mean, do you have severe bloating, constipation, or a real physical problem?

If not, i'd really just encourage you to eat a good diet (not bodybuilding diet), and regularly use psyllium husks.

If you are going to do a detox, make sure you DON'T PAY MONEY FOR IT!!! because lets face it, it's just another marketing scam.

and make sure that the "ingredients" to this detox aren't causing the weird looking shit that comes out.

be safe bro

No bro, Im not paying shit for it and thats excatly what I will do, just eat a good diet, nothing fancy. I will start taking fybogel as well, thanks for the suggestion:) guess Im feeling a little guilty for drinking a bit too much in the holiday season and just wanna kick start the new year in a possitive way.

Btw, whats the difference between ispaghula husk and psyllium husk?
Cheers

fast

Thanks for the feedback, I guess we do detoxing without realizing but I just want to keep it regimental for one month and probably trim up as well. I did buy detox supplements before like those colon cleansing stuff but I think I will just stick to natural food this time. I even want to stop taking vitamins and other supplements and only working with food just for month. We will see if I still got the disciplne to do it, I beleive I can.

Wolf, there are various types for fasting that are really good for you and are really big in the life extension anti aging world. There is an every other day type fast that is proven to extend life. It gives your body a break from focusing on digesting food and it can heal or repair w even BP etc. has been normalized. I love food and hate to fast but I did a very low cal fast like 700-800 cals/day of fish, water, grean tea, and vegatables. I think if you fast, your body will detox itself. Fasting has been around for hundreds of years.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear