over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anybody use the Plaumbo diet anymore?

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I gave a copy of it to a guy I used to train with about 2 months ago , saw him last week and he is tickled shitless with the results , he loves the food and is getting good results.

I was just wondering if anybody ever still uses it?

I'm so happy with getting to eat carbs and feeling full and energetic i can't see why anybody would use this method anymore

I wont give up carbs anymore, just knowing what types to eat and when to eat them :)

I do,i feel 10xbetter without carbs.The more i eat carbs the more i want them,doesnt matter which ones,so i eliminated them completely and replace with good fats(cage free whole eggs,almonds)-but i dont eat as many fats a day as Dave suggests.my strength is good,getting leaner,and im even on a low dose DNP(200mg./day)-and still feel good.I just make sure that im hydrated enough.

I'm using dp's template for a second time this year. I like the simplicity.
I also like the results. If your body type thrives on carbs. Usually the naturally skinny guys (ectos) then this probably isn't the diet for you but I am a meso/endo and low carb is extremely effective for me year round.

I wont do it anymore as I wont compete anymore and my family loves me for it! The Palumbo diet is also good for doing big dirty steroid cycles as it will keep you from looking too bloated. If Im on high doses of dbol and test, then I hold water more than a cammel but the minute I drop the carbs the bloat go's. Thats what its good for imo.

I hold water more than a cammel

Not sure why that struck me as being so funny but I about choaked on a mouth full of water when i read thet

Anyway , funny thing is that my buddy has always been a huge fan of the high carb creatine drinks and never cut these from his training , so even though he is following this strick very low carb diet he still take 40-50g simple carbs each day post training.
I would think that this would have totaly fucked up the whole idea of this diet style as i think you only supposed to be allowed 40-50g carbs a day and those are from sources like alomnds and such , very small amouts spread throughout the day

I'm wondering if you actualy get into ketosis using the Palumbo diet as it allows one cheat meal a week , it takes me about 3 good days to get into ketosis and thats only if i cut out ALL carbs for several days

Last edited:
It's "Camel"

I hated Dave's diet. I felt like I was starving all the time. Didn't like being flat either. I am female and I think it is constructed to meet men's needs not womens, like his saying that women need only 5 meals per day not 6. Well by after dinner at 6pm I had to starve till 6am just to get my lousy protein shake!

I used it and lost a ton of fat quickly (too quickly). My leverages got thrown off and I actually would up injuring myself. I was able to maintain strength on it too. After about 6 weeks or so, I start feeling run down though and have to switch back. It's very easy to follow, I felt better without carbs also (better mood, etc.). I'm a PL'er though, so it's not for me long term strength-wise.

I'm interested in the Wolf's suggestion too about running it along with a test-e/dbol cycle too. I'll store that one away for later.

Being a diabetic it works well for me.I don't know I would choose this type of diet if my body processed carbs correctly.But,answer is yes I use it.

I used for 8 weeks on my last prep. Did not do it for me. I cut weight but that is it, still had tons of chub! I ended up hiring Alex Azarian to finish the prep. He added carbs. I got great results. I don't ever plan on using the Paulabo diet again.

Insulin lowers SHBG levels. If for no other reason than this low carb diets are a no go.

I personally love it.
so do most my clients who aren't very muscular. but being flat all the time just messes with your head (although it's mostly just depleted glycogen stores and not holding water... you gain it back in a couple of days of carb loading)

Post the diet?

Outline of Dave Palumbo's Diet For Cutting

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The premise of the diet is high protein (about 1- 1 1/2 gram per pound), moderate fat (about 1/2 g per lb) and low low carbs (no direct sources of carbs). During this diet, the brain goes into ketosis (it uses ketone bodies for energy-- fats) and thus the energy requirements by the body can almost all be supplied by fats (which you'll be taking in plenty of). The only activity that uses carbs will be the weight workout which may use 40grams per workout. You will get these 40g indirectly through the foods you'll be eating. As a backup, the cheat meal you'll be having once per week will provide a storehouse of glycogen (glucose) in case of emergency. So, you see, very little gluconeogenesis in the liver will be occurring. If we keep cortisol low (by
restricting STIMULANTS) we'll ensure that muscle is spared!

HAVE YOUR CHEAT MEAL ON THE SAME DAY EVERY WEEK, last meal of the
day so you dont cheat again.

Fiber helps burn fat! Everyone should take fiber 2x per day. Fiber actually helps increase the absorption of calcium.
When following my diet plan (which includes getting your brain into ketosis), there can be NO starchy carbs eaten!

For a 200lb man:

MEAL #1
5 whole eggs (make sure to buy OMEGA-3 EGGS from the supermarket. They contain virtually NO saturated fat and tons of good OMEGA-3 fats); add another 4 egg whites to this (they don?t need to be the Omega-3 ones; you can use liquid egg whites)

MEAL #2
SHAKE: 50g Whey Protein with 1 ? tablespoon of All Natural Peanut butter (no sugar)

MEAL #3
"Lean Protein Meal": 8oz chicken with 1/2-cup cashew nuts (almonds, or walnuts)

MEAL #4
SHAKE: 50g Whey Protein with 1 ? tablespoons of All Natural Peanut butter (no sugar added)

MEAL #5
"Fatty Protein Meal": 8oz Salmon, Swordfish, or RED MEAT with a green salad (no tomatoes, carrots, or red peppers) with 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil or Macadamia nut oil and vinegar

MEAL #6
SHAKE: 50g Whey with 1 ? tablespoon all natural peanut butter or 4 whole (Omega-3) eggs and 4 extra whites

For a 250lb+ man:
Meal 1 6 whole Omega-3 eggs
Meal 2 8oz chicken with 1/2 cup raw almonds
Meal 3 50g whey with 2 tablespoons all natural peanutbutter
Meal 4 8oz salmon with 1 cup asparagus with 1 tablespoon macadamia nut oil
Meal 5 50 g whey with 2 tablespoon PB
Meal 6 6 whole eggs

Remember, it takes 3-4 days to get into a strong ketosis where your brain is using ketone bodies (fats), instead of carbs, for energy. Be patient.

Many times I'll switch to an alternatiing diet where one day it will be protein/fat......then another protein/vegetables (very little fat). The great thing about the body and fat is that ESSENTIAL FATTY ACIDS can be stored in the muscle for several days, up to 2 weeks......therefore, once an adequate storehouse of Essential Fats are built up, the body can be "tortured" a little and it still won't give up muscle (that's assuming you're still taking in adequate protein. Protein can't be stored).

1oz almonds equals 6g carbs (2 of those grams are fiber) and 2oz equals 12g of carbs.

With the beef meal (any fatty protein meal), you should have the green salad with 1 tablespoon of Olive or Mac oil INSTEAD of the nuts. Only eat the nuts with the LEAN PROTEIN MEAL (chicken, turkey, lean fish)

The best fat sources come from the essential fatty acids-- Omega-6 and Omega-3's. Most of us get plenty of Omega-6s from cooking oils, ect..........however the Omega-3's are harder to get. I recommend WHOLE OMEGA-3 EGGS, FaTTY FISHS like SALMON and SWORDFISH and TUNA and MACKEREL, ALMONDS and WALNUTS have some OMEGA-3's (as well as OMEGA-6s). ANother great fat source is MONOUNSATURATES such as EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL and MACADAMIA NUT OIL.....they aren't essential but they are great for the metabolism (great source of energy) and they are extremely good for your heart.

You're not getting any indirect sources of carbs (just from the 1 spoonful of PB.... you may want to have at least one 1/3cup nuts meal. Remember, Olive or Macadamia nut oil is predominantly a MONOUNSATURATED FAT (good for the heart, but not essential)........ the nuts, and fish oil have the essential fats in them. Also, with regard to FLAX SEED OIL, the OMEGA-3 Fatty Acids found in them (alpha-linolenic acid) has a very poor conversion to DHA and EPA (Essential Omega-3 intermediates) in the HUMAN........therefore, you're much better off taking in FISH OILS (that already contain DHA/EPA) than FLAX SEED OIL.

Once fat loss slows, I always increase cardio first, then I increase the amount of fat burners (clen, cytomel, lipolyze).........After those other methods are exhausted, only then, do I play with the diet.

Always eat BEFORE lifting........never BETWEEN lifting and cardio.
Artificial Sweetners:
The artificial sweetener itself (eg. aspartame, sucralose) wont cause a problem. It's what some companies complex it with. For example, EQUAL and SPLENDA combine their aspartame and sucrolose with 1g of maltodextrin........whereas, in diet drinks, they don't do that. So, diet drinks are okay, SPLENDA and EQUAL must be used in moderation (STEVIA BALANCE is fine though since they use inulin fiber instead of maltodextrin

Forget using:
-MCT's are a waste when you're dieting. If you're gonna use FATS for an energy source, they might as well serve a function in the body. MCTs are useless. They can only serve as a source of energy!
-Arginine is not going to do anything. It will DO something; just not dramatic.

Cardio:
CARDIO should be performed at a low intensity (under 120bpm heartrate). This will ensure that you use FAT as a fuelsource since as your heartrate increase, carbohydrates begin to become the preferred fuel of choice for the body. When on a low carb diet, you're body will break down muscle and turn that into carbs. Remember, Fat CANNOT be changed into carbs. Therefore, for bodybuilding, the rule of cardio should be LONG DURATION, LOW INTENSITY

never do less than 20 min per session

The BOTTOM LINE is that low intensity cardio (while you might need more of it) ensures that fat is utilized and muscle is spared (especially while on my high protein/moderate fat/low carb diety).

Do you feel the treadmill is better for cardio, or is the bike(stationary or recumbent) just as good? As long as the intensity is LOW, it doesn't matter which piece of equipment you use

i did great on the stuff loved the keto very simple

300gram of protein
50gram of carbs
130gram of healthy fats.

i was 204pounds i had a cheat day very Saturday gain like 5-10 pound.
Monday morning i had lost it all. i think it is a great tool but next time i am going to use carbs more an ship the cheat day
i never follow the low cardio like Dave said i think it is a waist off time

I personally love it, so do my clients (even females). The best thing with keto diets is, they allow you to keep your strength (great for powerlifters). Personally recommend higher intake of fats, than Dave recommends. With cardio and right fatburners the fat loss will be very dramatic.

It's "Camel"

I hated Dave's diet. I felt like I was starving all the time. Didn't like being flat either. I am female and I think it is constructed to meet men's needs not womens, like his saying that women need only 5 meals per day not 6. Well by after dinner at 6pm I had to starve till 6am just to get my lousy protein shake!

I recommend 6 meals for females also. Just spread your daily protein and fat intake over 6 meals eaten every 2,5-3hours you're awaken.

I personally love it, so do my clients (even females). The best thing with keto diets is, they allow you to keep your strength (great for powerlifters). Personally recommend higher intake of fats, than Dave recommends. With cardio and right fatburners the fat loss will be very dramatic.

well , woulden't drinking a shake with 40-50g dextrose during and after you train keep you from getting into ketosis?
My buddy has lost alot of BF and gained plenty of power but he is using a high carb drink every day post workout (Pre-Load I think)

What is your buddy's stats? He may me large enough that he could be better off just cycling his carbs and fats as opposed to jumping into a keto style diet. What is he diet like right now?

Not sure why that struck me as being so funny but I about choked on a mouth full of water when i read thet

Why is that? Is it because of the spelling?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131