over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

raw meat

muskate

Registered
Lately ive been reading alot about the anabolic potential of raw meat and how well your body absorbs it, in comparision to cooked meat.

my question is to anyone who eats or has eaten raw meat frequently. Do you feel it made a difference as in comparision to cooked meat? did it make you less gassy? how did you eat it (recipe or meal ideas)?

Thanks for the help.

Lately ive been reading alot about the anabolic potential of raw meat and how well your body absorbs it, in comparision to cooked meat.

my question is to anyone who eats or has eaten raw meat frequently. Do you feel it made a difference as in comparision to cooked meat? did it make you less gassy? how did you eat it (recipe or meal ideas)?

Thanks for the help.

Raw meat may contain harmful bacteria, including salmonella, listeria, campylobacter and E. coli that can cause food poisoning. These bacteria are destroyed when meat is correctly cooked.

intestinal worms are always fun too......

I eat a lot of sushi...red meat, only eaten it rare(cool center). Gotta be in the mood for blood to eat it that way tho. I usually eat beef medium rare though.

I eat a lot of sushi...red meat, only eaten it rare(cool center). Gotta be in the mood for blood to eat it that way tho. I usually eat beef medium rare though.

Yeah, I love it rare! Never gotten sick either.

Raw meat may contain harmful bacteria, including salmonella, listeria, campylobacter and E. coli that can cause food poisoning. These bacteria are destroyed when meat is correctly cooked.

not saying you are wrong but i think these risks are overstated, kind of like the dangers with raw milk. also, like raw milk, it depends on your source.

i notice when i eat a very rare steak it seems to digest faster and i can eat more than when it is well done.

not saying you are wrong but i think these risks are overstated, kind of like the dangers with raw milk. also, like raw milk, it depends on your source.

i notice when i eat a very rare steak it seems to digest faster and i can eat more than when it is well done.

I dont think they are overstated, they are the facts and I have been a Chef for way over 22 years and I know what I am talking about. There is more risk eating Raw Meat than drinking raw milk. Raw Meat and rare steak is not the same thing. I would eat a rare steak instead.

As im sure Bigchef can attest to the cooking process of food is a chemical reaction. This chemical reaction allows for more nutrients per given measurement to be processed and used by the body more efficiently. this fact is one of the reasons we have such big brains. cooking allows us to get more fuel from cooked food than in raw food, which, in turn, frees up energy used in digestion of raw foods and allows it to be used to power a more powerful brain. There are organs in a human body that are no longer used due to humans development of the technology of cooking. the cooking process begins nutrient breakdown that is finished in the process of digestion. any questions about this please ask in this thread and on monday, my next day off, i will post the supporting research.

Let's just say We are stranded in the wilderness for days, your stomach audibly groans from hunger. Foraging on plants or berries isn't an option because you don't know what's safe to eat. Instead, you hunt.

Drawing on your dwindling energy, you manage to kill a rabbit. Now, the only thing that matters is getting that sustenance into your body fast. Building a fire and cooking could take more than an hour, so you contemplate eating it raw. What's the harm?

Not so fast. Sure -- in the wilderness, some normal rules of civilization don't apply. But when it comes to meat, you need heat.
Bacteria thrive and multiply between 40 and 140 degrees Fahrenheit (4 and 60 degrees Celsius). That's why you should cook meat until the internal temperature measures at least 150 degrees Fahrenheit (65 degrees Celsius) to effectively break down the bacteria cells and prevent them from reproducing.

You're probably thinking: If that's true, then how have Eskimos and other indigenous groups survived eating raw fish meat over the years? And what about eating raw fish in dishes such as sushi?

The difference is the salt water and the temperature of the meat. Saltwater fish are safer to eat raw because the water actually helps to kill parasites and bacteria. The salt in the water creates a hypertonic solution, where a higher concentration of salute (salt) exists outside of the bacteria cells than inside those cells. To correct that imbalance, the bacteria cells release their water content through osmosis. When they lose that water, they shrivel up and die. In addition, when Eskimos eat raw whale and seal meat fresh, it hasn't had time to breed more bacteria.

Cold temperatures below 40 degrees Fahrenheit (4 degrees Celsius) also stop bacteria reproduction. Sushi-grade fish, called sashimi, that people commonly eat raw has been frozen before use to help destroy any remaining bacteria. In case of any lingering invaders, food safety guides do recommend heating all saltwater fish to more than 140 degrees Fahrenheit (60 degrees Celsius).

Last edited:
thanks for all the replies guys.

what if i froze the meat for a week, dethawed it and then ate it raw? do you think that would kill all the bacteria?

big chef, could you tell me about ceviche? id imagine that'd be a good form of cooking the meat without actually cooking it. i know the japanese eat beef sushi all the time, but they marinate the beef first. probably in a ceviche like mixture

heres some info for anyone interested in raw meat

The health benefits of eating raw meat? | Keeper of the Home

...im not saying cooked meat is bad, by any means. im just trying to have an open mind and try raw meat.

since trying raw milk and eggs i feel so much better and healthier and thought i might try some more things raw.

what if i froze the meat for a week, dethawed it and then ate it raw? do you think that would kill all the bacteria?

big chef, could you tell me about ceviche? id imagine that'd be a good form of cooking the meat without actually cooking it. i know the japanese eat beef sushi all the time, but they marinate the beef first. probably in a ceviche like mixture

Im wondering if Big CHef could comment on the effects on the nutrition of meats when they are frozen and then thawed out. This is something Ive not read anything about. We know heating it up will degrade some, how about the process of freezing and thawing it out?

I dont think they are overstated, they are the facts and I have been a Chef for way over 22 years and I know what I am talking about. There is more risk eating Raw Meat than drinking raw milk. Raw Meat and rare steak is not the same thing. I would eat a rare steak instead.

Not over stated. When I was in nursing school we learned about parasistes found it raw meats and fish. Not cool at all.

i notice a difference between medium and rare meat as far as more energy and i tend to feel more authorotative afterwards like my testosterone is higher.

i eat very very rare meat all the time. just never cheap cuts and never hamburger

LOL , trust me if you trying to lose a bunch of weight fast , eat all the raw meat you want. Cause the sickness you WIL eventualy get will let you drop weight fast.

why the hell would you risk making yourself sick for a little fast absorbtion , shit if thats the case then eat foods that the body absorbs faster , like egs and fish.

I've been all over the world and had the chance to eat some pretty crazy shit from people who are WAY less evolved than most of us and none of them eat their meats raw.

Cook your meats. The bacteria contained in raw meat is not something you want in your body.

im no expert on the subject and i wasnt saying that rare and raw are the same or that raw milk and raw meat are the same....just a comparison.

with that said there are people who do eat raw meats everyday for years with no ill effects. i stand by my statement that the dangers are overstated. some people think of raw meat as deadly poison or some shit. my mom freaks after she cooked some chicken, she has to antibacterialize the whole kitchen. i think she gets it from the cleaning products commercials. haha, got to love her.

im no expert on the subject and i wasnt saying that rare and raw are the same or that raw milk and raw meat are the same....just a comparison.

with that said there are people who do eat raw meats everyday for years with no ill effects. i stand by my statement that the dangers are overstated. some people think of raw meat as deadly poison or some shit. my mom freaks after she cooked some chicken, she has to antibacterialize the whole kitchen. i think she gets it from the cleaning products commercials. haha, got to love her.

All it take is one time. My nephew ate some undercooked chicken when he was 8 and nearly died. He was in the hospital for 2 weeks with salmonela. We all take many risks but why add this one for a little better absorption. Makes no sense to me. Peace.

Guys, everywhere I do a Food Safety Course and upgrade part of my job as being Food Safety Officer because by law we are required to have a Food Safety Officer.

When food is frozen and or thawed cells rupture. These cells release bacteria. Now if your food is frozen and then thawed the amount of bacteria released is ok. But thawing, refreezing and then thawing again is allowing too much bacteria to be released.

It doesn't matter that you are then going to cook the food item as some
bacteria are NOT killed by high temperatures. Bacteria can survive in the Freezers and high temperatures. You cannot detect food poisoning from Smelling it, looking at it, eating it.

Hmmm Ceviche, I have ate Seafood Ceviche before but never Beef Ceviche. If it's rare, I would eat it but raw no.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws