YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

I absolutely love stuff like this! Absolutely love it!

DOGGCRAPP

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Registered
I cant stand people in life (bodybuilding and outside bodybuilding) who sit there and complain that they want to be something or do something but dont take the steps to get there or dont apply themselves....its my big pet peeve.

How many times do i tell people.....

Eat your way up into the weight class you want to be in.

Want to be a light heavy? Better be weighing 238 offseason
Want to be a heavyweight? Better be weighing 265 offseason
Want to be a Superheavyweight? Better be weighing 280 plus in the offseason!!!!

I love guys like this who say "FU...I am just doing it...FAST!

how much shit does this guy below get daily from people? Probably alot, look they are allready giving him crap on that board.

Offseaon 280lbs!! - Muscular Development Forums

That sure as hell aint freaking pretty...or comfortable but I'll tell you what....I admire a guy who decides to put 20 pounds on his contest stage bodyweight in a years time and make some major changes.
That guy used food for his anabolic....and yep he got big and doughy but he is going to be onstage even larger than these pics from last year show......

This sport is tremendously tough in deciding what you want to do with it....do you want to be club guy who looks in shape year round but gains hardly anything from year to year?

or do you want to make major changes, throw caution of bodyfat to the wind, and suffer while coming down?

(I think there is a middle ground and thats what I would prefer)

but I like people who "get after it...and go for it"......this guy wants to look different to the judges than he did last time and is going to

Could he do it in a more comfortable way and one thats a little bit prettier? Yea he could.....but this guy is awesome....he hits the accelerator hard and says "Up yours...im jumping weight classes yearly while you guys toil 10 years to make your jumps!"

Did i say I love it? I love it.

Know what I hate? Guys who try to do that and lose the big picture of why they tried to do that in the first place and get fat.....and then years later when they are lean again they forgot what put on that 20-30 pounds of muscle they now have....and tell everyone who will listen "I stay lean now in the offseason and find i can make quality gains that way.....I once got fat and I wont do that again"

THATS WHAT PUT THE FREAKING SIZE ON YOU!!!!!!! Try to make a 20-30 pound jump in muscle mass again at 8%!!!!! YOU WONT!

Ok thats enough of my rant today.

Does it have to be done exactly like that guy? NOPE....but I love people who got the balls to go after it with the eye on the prize....I hope that guy comes in looking like a monster again ..... its just really fun for me to watch guys like that who dont have their ego wrapped up in a skintight slinky t-shirt year round.

I'm all for what anyone likes to do in this sport....you want to be lean guy year round and look great pulling off your shirt at the beach? Go for it...you have my respect....just dont put down someone else that has different goals than you do.

You want to be big bloated powerbuilding guy who puts on alot of muscle from year to year? Go for it....just dont put down lean guy who has abs year round above......you got your thing, he has his.

But I personally love guys like this who take the bullet train to point B from point A and dont give a flying F&&k what anyone thinks about it.....I think thats awesome....more power to him. And there will be a slew of guys who say "oh thats unhealthy, oh i wouldnt do it that way, he looks like shit in the offseason, etc etc etc"......thats why I like it so much, he doesn't give a crap that he isnt a prettyboy offseason and has his eye on the prize..........have you gone from a small heavy to big heavyweight to superheavyweight in 3 years?

his first year below as a small heavy (won that local show)

Attachments

• DSC_5801_OOVDBFXYOH.jpg
    DSC_5801_OOVDBFXYOH.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 12,171
Last edited:
Gets big and doughy in the offseason and then comes in as a big heavyweight at the JR national level and gets third (not bad for his second show at all)

Attachments

• _W5Q0323_QWDAHBKFAX.jpg
    _W5Q0323_QWDAHBKFAX.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 12,348
Gets big and doughy again and up to 280 this offseason (from 260 his previous offseason) and is looking like this and going for the nationals.

I love it....I hope this guy comes in a monster and makes some people toiling around the same bodyweight for years kind of embarrased.

It sure aint pretty....but I really admire that kids fortitude.

Attachments

• offseason279_5%20003.jpg
    offseason279_5%20003.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 21,769
Damn , it would appear he is working his ass off both in the off season to gain all that size and duering his prep to diet it all off.

he certains has the fortitude.

Very motivating.. he definitely knows how to put the work in at the dinner table.

I'm doing my best, was 231 yesterday. Trying to get up to 245 or so this year. I know that goes against the grain of what a lot of trainers on this board preach, to each his own.

Attachments

• 7-23-10 231.0 001.JPG
    7-23-10 231.0 001.JPG
    25.8 KB · Views: 11,139
back sweat

Attachments

• 7-23-10 231.0 003.JPG
    7-23-10 231.0 003.JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 10,776
DC, Kevin Jordan is a great example and I totally respect your posts above:yeahthat: He is walking, living, breathing example of making stage changes each year and I will bet you guys anything he will bring it to the Nationals. He would agree with everything you stated! He won the overall Muscle Mayhem a couple years back and from that point he took his time to grow from that level to the next, and again grow into another level above that. I actually think it is great he posted his offseason pic the other day because he is confident that he can keep making changes. He is one cool as dude on top of that as well.

Now, I just wanted know how much he was eating in the offseason;) I know Chad Nichols was making sure he was not missing any meals. He has great potential in this sport and is pretty darn young. When I chatted with him at last years Muscle Mayhem he knows his and follows his plan.

Very motivating.. he definitely knows how to put the work in at the dinner table.

I'm doing my best, was 231 yesterday. Trying to get up to 245 or so this year. I know that goes against the grain of what a lot of trainers on this board preach, to each his own.

You are not trying - you are doing - beast in 2011.

JM

Damn Shelby!!!!!!!! What are you eating?!?!?

Looking awesome!

Couldnt agree more...
Shelby, looking thick dude...nice job.

DoggCrapp, I was debating on how (or whether) to ask this, as it was a hot debate in the past, but how about for example when the threads came up on here for Trey Brewer, is that different? Or is his case a matter of too much and going overboard? Or, am I missing the point and not seeing the middle ground?

Thanks!

BMJ

May I try?

DoggCrapp, I was debating on how (or whether) to ask this, as it was a hot debate in the past, but how about for example when the threads came up on here for Trey Brewer, is that different? Or is his case a matter of too much and going overboard? Or, am I missing the point and not seeing the middle ground?

Thanks!

BMJ

This guy Kevin in off season is NOT OUT OF SHAPE........HE IS NOT FAT...he just has a ton of muscle and SOME fat.........perfect place to be .Trey Brewer went beyond this..........sort of like chasing a number for your off season weight........get huge, stay around Kevins leanness........not Treys.......

Thanks Phil, I agree, Trey was pretty sloppy that year. I was just wondering what part of the spectrum DC thought Trey fell, considering some members might take his stance on this post overboard (or out of character). Figure he might be able to state some kind of middle ground between the pics posted of the guy on this thread and those of Trey. Or, unless he thought Trey was fine?

BMJ

SHELBY, YOU ARE LOOKING LEAN AT THAT BODYWEIGHT!

GIVEN YOU HEIGHT AND BONE STRUCTURE- THAT'S GREAT! :cool:

This guy Kevin in off season is NOT OUT OF SHAPE........HE IS NOT FAT...he just has a ton of muscle and SOME fat.........perfect place to be .Trey Brewer went beyond this..........sort of like chasing a number for your off season weight........get huge, stay around Kevins leanness........not Treys.......

Speakin of Brewer, he had stretch marks on his stomach in his contest pics, does anyone have any pics of him during that offseason because he had to of had lots of belly fat to get stretch marks right???

Question for DC;

The other day I was watching a video of one of the famous contest prep guys on MD and he said something like; "if you don't have visible abs in the off-season, you are not on the right track". From what I understand from your post, you don't seem to agree with that. Is that correct? Do you think his advice is counterproductive for someone that is trying to put a good amount of size in the off-season?

Thanks,
Gaz

Question for DC;

The other day I was watching a video of one of the famous contest prep guys on MD and he said something like; "if you don't have visible abs in the off-season, you are not on the right track". From what I understand from your post, you don't seem to agree with that. Is that correct? Do you think his advice is counterproductive for someone that is trying to put a good amount of size in the off-season?

Thanks,
Gaz

People have a really hard time with this for some reason... Dante's guys stay pretty lean for the most part but if you want to make BIG gains you can't keep as tight of reigns on the BF as someone who has guest posings/photoshoots 36 weeks a year.

I think of it like a balance scale, if one thing goes up...the other will go down somewhat... figure out what your balance is for your goal and remember it doesn't have to be all out or nothing, there is a middle ground as he pointed out. Make more sense?

staying extralean during offseason will hamper one`s abilty to train with progressivvely heavier wts..( just the way i feel for my self)...
its like trying to run your vehicle at the fastest possible speed with brakes upplied...

now i am 227 at 11 percent at 5 feet 8 inches and my target body wt is 260 pounds in the next year.
so i my plan is to eat 500 grams of protien , 150 grams of fats, and 225 to 300 grams of carbs( carb sensitive)...and i am not over expecting from my diet... of course i will be on cycle for some time and then off cycle ( more or less 8 weeks on 4 weeks off and then repeat with moderate dosages ) i eat the same food all the time during on or off.....

and off course trying to train with progressively heavier wts .....

overall i am dividing this huge target in to small goals .... every 8 weeks on i will try to aim for 8 to 10 pounds.... then mentaining it for 4 weeks( therefore the same amount of food that gave me all the mass in the first place) and the repeat.... untill i reach my target body wt

and this is the only way i think has made sense to me...i know some may not agree with my approach....but this is how I THINK I CAN PROGRESS UPTO MY TARGET...lets see if i can get there..

Last edited:

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members