advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Fasting, Fitness, & Bodybuilding : Intermittent, Alternate Day, & Ramadan Fasting.

ok303

Registered
Fasting, Fitness, & Bodybuilding : Intermittent, Alternate Day, & Ramadan Fasting.

Hey everyone!

There are tons of ways to affect and change your body and one topic I want to talk about today is fasting because its a very dear topic to me!

I made this video just as a basic introduction to fasting and more information people may not know about fasting and its benefits.

Unorthodox methods can give great results too! check out this video and tell me what you guys think:

fasting thumbnail.jpg

Hey, thanks for the video. I'm a big fan of IM and ADF. The only thing that I'd disagree with is with the euphoria comment. I would say that while I'm not a curmudgeon while fasting, I'm definitely not euphoric. :p And one thing to note, as well, is that IME as well as studies on the topic, you never get used to fasting. It never gets easier, so to speak. You always have to make a conscious effort to get through it.

haha thanks for the comment! i agree with you, always have to make the conscious effort to keep your fast, its on your mind often. i tried to make it more exciting with the euphoria concept but I definitely feel more calm and relaxed while fasting, maybe because of a slowed down metabolism or shifting in circadian rhythms or increased BHB

I also agree you wont 100% get used to fasting, but I do feel the first day or two can be the hardest but after that its not as imposing in your lifestyle or as painful initially

how long have you been fasting or employ fasted techniques? I know some people enjoy that as a permanent diet, or a diet for 6 months, etc but sometimes in a bodybuilding lifestyle loosing too much size isnt looked upon that greatly so Ive done it for a few weeks and throw fasting days in to other diets here and there

I've been doing IF for about 2 years consistently but with ADF, it's been on-and-off for the same amount of time. I'm not one of the guys that want to be a mass-monster, though. I've no probs putting on muscle with IF but you're not going to put on mass with ADF. You're simply not getting enough calories. On the flipside, I don't notice any muscle loss, either. This is where BCAAs and EAAs are SUPER-beneficial.

i am a big fan of IF. Been doing it for a couple months now and love it. I can handle the hunger, loove big meals and have found no signs of muscle loss.

the body has such a nice capability of keeping its muscle in fasted states its amazing!

support supplements are definitely important: fish oil, bcaas, vitamins

theotherone i looove big meals too!

I did IF for many months.
I got very lean while increasing my strength.

I am strange though, I got very used to the fasting, and it became VERY easy for me as time went on. I have never had a big appetite, but have always been able to eat a couple huge meals per day. I guess that type of eating carries over well to IF.

I wouldn't say I was euphoric while doing IF, but I did have good energy levels and a good sense of well being compared to eating regular meals throughout the day.

I did IF for many months.
I got very lean while increasing my strength.

I am strange though, I got very used to the fasting, and it became VERY easy for me as time went on. I have never had a big appetite, but have always been able to eat a couple huge meals per day. I guess that type of eating carries over well to IF.

I wouldn't say I was euphoric while doing IF, but I did have good energy levels and a good sense of well being compared to eating regular meals throughout the day.

Yeah, I find IF to be a breeze. That's, pretty much, how I eat naturally. I was referring to ADF not being something that you can do w/o effort. It really never becomes easy. :)

Very interesting video, thanks for making it and posting it up for all of PM to view. :headbang:

thank you! im glad people are into this

what kind of foods do you prefer eating after breaking your fast?

meat is always my #1 and I honestly do not care as much about the amount of fat, so a nice burger always hits the spot

i like eating carbs at this time, sweet potatoes, do most of you enjoy stirctly protein and high fat meals?

or do you feel carbs are the best?

i feel with fasting i can get away with a little less strict diet

I tried it for 2 weeks and never got used to it , felt like shit.
id eat my last meal at about 8:30pm and fast untill 2pm the following day where i would have a cup of oatmeal 3 scoops protein and two tablespoons peanut butter mixed in
train at 4:00
have a shake at 5:00 75gr protein , 50g carbs , 30g fat
meal at 6:00 , 70g protein , 70g carbs , 30g fat (all from beef and yams)
same meal at 8:30
in bed at 10:00.

By 8:00 the next day i was starving major huger pangs and by 9 or so the headach would set in and mood was total shit !! (im not that pissy and mad when i take high dose tren) i could not focus on a damn thing due to the headach and growling stomach when i would train the headach would somwhat subside but i would fatigue fast and EVERY night i slept like shit because of indigestion.

I can see when it would work and understand the consept as this is how alot of carnivors eat in the wild but it just does not work for me , I was told that i should fast for a full 24hrs then start the IM fasting

Note: i was drinking 1.5-2 gallons of water a day with 5g BCAA and EAA mixed in every other hr

IF

During IF how do u figure out the calories and macros to use during that 8 hours?

I can say with out a doubt this is by far my favorite! I dont even really call it a diet. It is more of a lifestyle change, and it just continues to show me the benefits, after years of always chasing the perfect training routine and diet.

Although I have fell off the weight lifting wagon these past 2 months, i can say that i still try to utilize the IF protocol.

Thanks for the video

Subscribed for future talk!

Nitro

I tried it for 2 weeks and never got used to it , felt like shit.
id eat my last meal at about 8:30pm and fast untill 2pm the following day where i would have a cup of oatmeal 3 scoops protein and two tablespoons peanut butter mixed in
train at 4:00
have a shake at 5:00 75gr protein , 50g carbs , 30g fat
meal at 6:00 , 70g protein , 70g carbs , 30g fat (all from beef and yams)
same meal at 8:30
in bed at 10:00.

By 8:00 the next day i was starving major huger pangs and by 9 or so the headach would set in and mood was total shit !! (im not that pissy and mad when i take high dose tren) i could not focus on a damn thing due to the headach and growling stomach when i would train the headach would somwhat subside but i would fatigue fast and EVERY night i slept like shit because of indigestion.

I can see when it would work and understand the consept as this is how alot of carnivors eat in the wild but it just does not work for me , I was told that i should fast for a full 24hrs then start the IM fasting

Note: i was drinking 1.5-2 gallons of water a day with 5g BCAA and EAA mixed in every other hr

the first few days are definitely the hardest, i think the technique can definitely be a lifestyle change or only employed for 1-2 months til you reach a body fat level you are comfortable with

did you say you were having bcaa's every hour during the 'fasted' state? if so try doing it with no calories at all, because each hour your giving your body minute insulin spikes which is probably why your mood might be messed with

During IF how do u figure out the calories and macros to use during that 8 hours?

twatta, I would use the same macros you are currently using for your diet if there working!

i've noticed fats go really well because they last longer and since your are more ketogenic

if you are getting too small too quick this allows you to eat more, so adjust accordingly

I've been IF'ing for about six months. I'll never go back to six meals a day again ever.

Been doing this for the last week or so. So far so good, definitely enjoy the ease and ability to have bigger more satisfying meals.

I've been IF'ing for about six months. I'll never go back to six meals a day again ever.

That being said I don't know that pros who are trying to consume 400 grams of protein will be happy with this. It's the perfect diet to optimize our own bodies, but for bodies that go beyond extremely beautiful but natural, a different diet is probably necessary. I doubt Jay Cutler would find this diet appropriate for his bulking needs.

EDIT: Agreed and I realized that I, basically, said the same thing as you, only worded differently. LOL

That being said I don't know that pros who are trying to consume 400 grams of protein will be happy with this. It's the perfect diet to optimize our own bodies, but for bodies that go beyond extremely beautiful but natural, a different diet is probably necessary. I doubt Jay Cutler would find this diet appropriate for his bulking needs.

Color me intrigued. What size were you before starting this and what size are you now?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity