over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Training calves loud "pop"

Performance Based

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Ok just got back from the ER... 2K for literally 30 minutes there redicufuckinlous... No imaging no nothing

All tendons/ligaments are in place and strong

Was training calves had a loud pop and sharp pain. Thought a raquet ball hit me in the calf at first.

Cannot stand up straight on it. Its not rolled up and no bruising it is swollen however. Doctor said most likely I tore the Fascia?

Any ideas? Its not painful unless I put weight directly on it

Had the same thing happen to me in one of my quads. The pop was loud like a gunshot. I was worried it was a lot worse. It was sore for a few days but then healed up just fine.

Had the same thing happen to me in one of my quads. The pop was loud like a gunshot. I was worried it was a lot worse. It was sore for a few days but then healed up just fine.

Any idea what the damage actually was man?

Ok just got back from the ER... 2K for literally 30 minutes there redicufuckinlous... No imaging no nothing

Was training calves had a loud pop and sharp pain. Thought a raquet ball hit me in the calf at first.

Cannot stand up straight on it. Its not rolled up and no bruising it is swollen however. Doctor said most likely I tore the Fascia?

That's odd,with a pop that loud i thought for sure it was a tear. Sorry brother,I never had anything like that(hope i dont ever either) Good luck and hope its heals fine.

I had something similar happen to me about 10 weeks ago. After doing a set of seated calf presses I got up and stood on the frame of the machine so I could do this alternate stretching that I saw Victor Martinez do on one of the Battle for Olympias. My calves were ridiculously pumped, probably due to the igf DES I took before my workou, anyways, when I started stretching them alternately, I heard a loud pop that came from my right calf on the outer part to where the calf connects to the back of the knee. Last time I heard a pop like that, it came from my right pec and it was torn.

So I thought shit, I tore my damn calf. I went home and iced it and figured I would deal with it the next morning. I did notice that my calf wasn't deformed, so I was pretty happy about that. I woke up the next morning and my calf was severly swollen, but it wasn't black at all. So I didn't get it checked out and just waited till the swelling went away before I trained it again.

I don't know what the hell that pop was, but my calf was %100 within a couple weeks. Maybe we did something similar?

Last edited:
I dunno it sounds like it though man, just ice? And compression/wrap?

I dunno it sounds like it though man, just ice? And compression/wrap?

Yeah just ice, after seeing that it wasn't black and deformed, I felt a lot better and figured it would heal itself. It did.

I have gastroc tears in both calves, inner head. Both of them happened while playing basketball, about 6 years apart. The muscle is permanently deformed to some extent, and it took years for it to start firing properly again. Very similar to a pec tear in that there is no real repair and the damage is permanent to some extent. One interesting thing is that my soleus on the inside has actually grown significantly trying to compensate...

Rest it and take some Aleve or Ibuprofen for a few days.

Any idea what the damage actually was man?

Must have been a grade 1 or 2 muscle strain. I was healed up within a week to 10 days.

Brother, whatever your doc told you, it is virtually impossible to tear your fascia being as how your fascia is what holds every single organ bone and cell in your body in place. It is capable of withstanding up to and sometimes more than 2000 lb per square inch of pressure. It's everything inside the fascia that can tear, split, pop, etc... So I can't say specifically what happenned to you but I am damn sure your fascia didn't tear and I am relatively convinced that doc was talking out his rectum!!
Peace to all,
M2M:cool:

RIPPED

Sounds like you tore something all I can say is peace be with you bc that sounds like it hurt like hell

Brother, whatever your doc told you, it is virtually impossible to tear your fascia being as how your fascia is what holds every single organ bone and cell in your body in place. It is capable of withstanding up to and sometimes more than 2000 lb per square inch of pressure. It's everything inside the fascia that can tear, split, pop, etc... So I can't say specifically what happenned to you but I am damn sure your fascia didn't tear and I am relatively convinced that doc was talking out his rectum!!
Peace to all,
M2M:cool:

You are misinformed, gastroc fascia tears are extremely common.

First hit on google:

Calf (Gastrocnemius) muscle tears commonly occur in middle-aged recreational athletes while performing actions that require sudden changes in direction (ex: basketball, hill running, tennis, etc.). This puts maximal tension on the gastrocnemius muscle. Calf muscle tears have similar symptoms and occur by a similar mechanism to Achilles tendon ruptures. The difference is the location of the injury, as the Achilles tendon runs below the calf muscle connecting it to the heel of the foot. Achilles tendon rupture presents with pain at the back of the heel, rather than the lower calf region. Because of the similarities between the injuries, an Achilles tendon rupture must be ruled out in the diagnosis. Calf tears occur where the muscle attaches to the fascia (musculotendinous junctions) leading to the Achilles tendon, most commonly on the inside (medial) portion of the calf because this region is under the greatest amount of tension.

To me it sounds like a tear. It's either completely in the muscle or could also be where the muscle connects to the tendon. The good news if that it's completely in the muscle it will heal within a couple of weeks. If its muscle/tendon it will take a bit longer. I've had quite a few of these over the years in various muscles. My advice is to listen to your body. Give it some rest, then ease back in with light, then moderate weights. Don't go heavy until its completely pain free, or even wait a week or so after pain free to go heavy.

Yeah tears in the facia are not unheard of. I had one on my right quad 2 times. The first time it tore it sounded like a t-shirt ripping and the 2nd time it made the pop sound you mention. Both times zero bleeding but some swelling. Fascia is connective tissue and so has very poor blood supply, hence no bleeding. If you had torn a muscle I am pretty sure there would be significant bleeding. Both time I tore my legs I never even had a bruise.

Let me clarify: a muscle, tendon, or ligament tearing off of the fascia is quite common, however a tear in the substance of fascial tissue itself is very rare

You are misinformed, gastroc fascia tears are extremely common.

First hit on google:

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic