YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Who takes curcumin and why? Dante hints it to be great for the health of bodybuilders

Knight9

Featured Member / Verified Customer / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
Ok so no hidden agendas....i haveseen dante mention curcumin very specifucally at least once and maybe more. He doesnt sell it as of now and hasnt so please...no accusations.

im only 28 but I feel it is best for all of us to pay attention to our health and what will contribute to our longevity...not wait til its too late.

Im starting this thread to gather info I may not know on the benefits of curcumin and maybe help others learn about it. Im sure anyone who has incorporated it will have input on why they decided to use it.

Looking forward to the info and I think it will very soon be added to my :

Fish oils (10 to 20/day)
Baby aspirin
Vitamin d3 (8000-10,000iu/day)
Vitamin e (400iu 2x/day)
Vitamin c (2-4g/day)

Also thinking about things like resveratrol...

I take injectable curcumin and resveratrol. Bioavailability of both is very poor orally.
The curcumin heals muscle, protects the heart, reduces inflammation and burns some fat.
It also reduces scar tissue at the injection site (at least I think it does, I have noticed less scarring in areas I have put curcumin.
I use 50mg daily.

Resveratrol is a wild one. Very potent anti-oxidant. Increases my endurance, and I feel it boosts my immune system. Makes you lose weight. I went overboard with dosing and loss quite a bit of muscle along with fat.
I am down to 25mg 3x per week, was using 100mg per day (way too much).

Both can be painful at the injection site, but I have gotten used to them.
When I stop taking them for a while, I start to notice aches creeping on me and just an overall feeling of being more run down.

Curcumin is hands down one of those must-have supplements. It does so much with so few side effects that it almost reads like a miracle.

Meriva Curcumin is a special formulation where curcumin is bound to phosphatidyl groups which makes it much more absorbable orally. Also make sure you take your curcumin with a fatty meal, coconut milk or something to that effect.

I take injectable curcumin and resveratrol. Bioavailability of both is very poor orally.
The curcumin heals muscle, protects the heart, reduces inflammation and burns some fat.
It also reduces scar tissue at the injection site (at least I think it does, I have noticed less scarring in areas I have put curcumin.
I use 50mg daily.

Resveratrol is a wild one. Very potent anti-oxidant. Increases my endurance, and I feel it boosts my immune system. Makes you lose weight. I went overboard with dosing and loss quite a bit of muscle along with fat.

When I stop taking them for a while, I start to notice aches creeping on me and just an overall feeling of being more run down.

Where do you get injectable curcumin?

I didn't know they made them available that way. Do they also carry coq10 as an inject?

Ive been taking curcumin for quite awhile now even before I knew of its effects on heart health. It helps protect you agains many cancers. It's definitely a must have supplement. I sometimes get carried away with the amounts of health supps I take but curcumin is always in my regimen.

My other must haves are alpha lipoic acid, vit c, vit d and of course a multi.

Astaxanthin is something I've started recently. Supposedly the most powerful antioxidant there is. Anyone else taking it?

I take turmeric/curcumin. From everything I have read its just something I take because I feel its important. Not sure if its really working or not

Oh, I forgot to add that it can help prevent and reverse the spread of cancerous growth.
My dad had pre cancerous polyps in his colon, his father died from colon cancer about 7 years ago. He figured it was a death sentence, and sort of gave up before it even got serious.
I didn't want to lose him, so everytime I went to his house I shot him with 1cc of curcumin.
Now I have no idea if it is a coincidence or what, but he just had a colonoscopy and they found no trace of cancer or pre cancerous polyps.
I am just happy it is gone, but I would like to think the curcumin treatment had something to do with it.

Curcumin is hands down one of those must-have supplements. It does so much with so few side effects that it almost reads like a miracle.

Meriva Curcumin is a special formulation where curcumin is bound to phosphatidyl groups which makes it much more absorbable orally. Also make sure you take your curcumin with a fatty meal, coconut milk or something to that effect.

Good stuff as usual disco..

I take 3 grams a day. Most of the stuff I have seen required this dose, and then the benefits were outstanding. Dr Serrano recmmended this dose to me as well in order to see max benefit.

JM

Good stuff as usual disco..

I take 3 grams a day. Most of the stuff I have seen required this dose, and then the benefits were outstanding. Dr Serrano recmmended this dose to me as well in order to see max benefit.

JM

Looks like in going to have to pick this stuff up.

I use 50mg daily.

What will resveratrol dissolve in??? I have 200g of 99.9% micronized powder, but bought it before I found out it's useless because I'm not a rat or rabbit. There's no viable route to the blood stream. I looked for resveratrol solubility characteristics, and couldn't find it freely soluble in anything.

I am very interested because my father stated that he was the only male in the bloodline to live past 52. He was a doctor on a low fat, low sodium diet, with a pharmacy of heart pills. He still had quad bypass surgery. I have been tested and am almost off the chart on the c-reactive protein test. I'm afraid I may only have 12 years or so. I get bloodwork every 3 months, but that doesn't help the fact that I'm genetically predisposed to have hardened arteries, cholesterol build-up, and a heart attack. When I read that resveratrol softens arteries, makes them 'slick' to prevent buildup of plaque regardless of serum cholesterol levels, I thought I found the answer. Then I found I can't get it into the blood. Bro, I even considered making cold, coconut oil/resveratrol suppositories and cramming one up my ass every day, but I really need a study saying that it works to try it.

When I make my chicken, ground turkey thigh, steamed vegetables, etc. I always add tumeric to it.

What will resveratrol dissolve in??? I have 200g of 99.9% micronized powder, but bought it before I found out it's useless because I'm not a rat or rabbit. There's no viable route to the blood stream. I looked for resveratrol solubility characteristics, and couldn't find it freely soluble in anything.

I am very interested because my father stated that he was the only male in the bloodline to live past 52. He was a doctor on a low fat, low sodium diet, with a pharmacy of heart pills. He still had quad bypass surgery. I have been tested and am almost off the chart on the c-reactive protein test. I'm afraid I may only have 12 years or so. I get bloodwork every 3 months, but that doesn't help the fact that I'm genetically predisposed to have hardened arteries, cholesterol build-up, and a heart attack. When I read that resveratrol softens arteries, makes them 'slick' to prevent buildup of plaque regardless of serum cholesterol levels, I thought I found the answer. Then I found I can't get it into the blood. Bro, I even considered making cold, coconut oil/resveratrol suppositories and cramming one up my ass every day, but I really need a study saying that it works to try it.

Brian, just a thought for you bud. Fight inflammation...read up on it, what causes it, and fight it as hard as you can. Choelsterol doesn't attach (actually repairing damage) unless there is significant inflammation most of the time.....

Watch those hs-CRP as much as you can. Try to keep i tunder 1 mg/l.

Here is to you having a long life bud.

JM

When I make my chicken, ground turkey thigh, steamed vegetables, etc. I always add tumeric to it.

I know I quoted myself, but MD liked it and that reminded me...

Ground Turkey Thigh= Tremendous Food.

I know the talk of MD and his raw milk, coconut oil, etc. But one thing that needs to be regarded is ground turkey thigh. Super cheap, too at whole foods. About $4 a lb. I go through quite a bit in my bulking phase, super tasty, can make meatloaf with it easily with just eggs, onions, spinach, peanut butter, and some pine nuts as binders.

Kale, too. And Kimchi, if you're like me and like spice.

Ground Turkey Thigh meatloaf is my go-to-meal while bulking. I can get it so it's about 45g protein, 20g fat per serving of my meatloaf. I know a lot of people are high carb/high protein/trace fats, but I like the higher fat way. Keeps me less watery, leaner, and just more pleasant looking.

Are you also on a low fat, moderate high carbohydrate diet? Most people following that type of diet are more susceptible to heart disease because high carbohydrate intakes are associated with reduction in LDL particle size making them more athrogenic (superior ability to penetrate the endothelial wall) and 8x more likely to undergo glycation than large LDL particles.

**broken link removed**

Additionally, high serum insulin levels are associated with arterial stiffness:

Non–Insulin-Dependent Diabetes Mellitus and Fasting Glucose and Insulin Concentrations Are Associated With Arterial Stiffness Indexes : The ARIC Study

I'd also watch your intake non-omega-3 polyunsaturates because they are associated with narrowing of coronary arteries and make up them majority of the fat content that is found in arterial plaque (due to having several double bonds, making them more prone to oxidation/free radical production). On the other hand saturated fats are associated with coronary regression (aka increasing coronary diameter).

**broken link removed**

Lastly, when you get your blood work done pay particular attention to your HbA1c result.

Just something to look into, stay safe.

I've read a lot of good stuff about Curcumin and Resveratrol on Animal's board...I may have to give it a try!

I bought mine already prepared, so I cannot help with making it, sorry.
The first few batches of curcumin and resveratrol that I received left very painful depots.
It is a bit embarrassing, but I did use them as suppositories with some success. I was still feeling the benefits of them without injecting. That is how good these supps are, that I was willing to go that route just to get them in my system.

Like mountaindog said, do everything you can to eliminate inflammation.
The majority of the foods we eat cause inflammation, and a lot of experts are saying that inflammation is the main cause of most disease.

Curcumin is a very potent anti-inflammatory. Some people report success taking higher doses orally with bioperine added.
I take the oral version along with my inject.

You should look into Lipostabil Choline/ phosphatidylserine too, it is supposed to help with cholesterol and arterial plaque.

Also, you want to look into eating cranberries. I buy frozen bags of them and blend them with protein in my vitamix. I read a study on pigs that were genetically developed to have brittle arteries and arteriosclerosis. They were fed a diet of only cranberries, and their genetically predisposed issues were fixed.

Merivua curcumin? Hmmmm

I was looking at now foods curcumin...they have two, one is supposedly better absorbed.

Mountaindog...3g...do you have a preferred kind?

Everyone...what kind are you using?

Id inject resveratrol and curcumin...

I wish Dante would carry it...ive already hinted that to him but ge thinks there isnt enough of a demand for it. Maybe that will change.

Alpha lipoic acid! Good one that temporarily escaped my thought process.. Do any of you subscrube to the though that r-ala is far better than ala?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131