over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Post Surgery Blues

chingaling

Registered
Newbies
I am 3 days post op from shoulder surgery and super depressed. Im committed to eating clean and following my docs instructions to heal as quickly as possible . Being out the gym and fearful of losing all my size has me feeling like crap . Anyone been in my shoes that can offer some advice?

I was hit by a drunk on my Harley and spent 3 months in the hospital with multiple injuries and a full year of rehab to get back on my feet. Just keep your eyes on the light at the end of the tunnel and it gets better every day.

Can you explain the exact type of shoulder surgery you had?

I had a subacromial decompression back in Jan. I'm 90 to 95% pain free now (should be near 100% within 6 months to a year). I haven't lost a lot of size, and I have near 100% full range of motion back already. My strength is definitely weaker on that side, but that'll come back over time.

All in all, keep your head up!

Exactly what I just had. I hear it's the quickest to spring back from of all shoulder surgeries .

Can you explain the exact type of shoulder surgery you had?

I had a subacromial decompression back in Jan. I'm 90 to 95% pain free now (should be near 100% within 6 months to a year). I haven't lost a lot of size, and I have near 100% full range of motion back already. My strength is definitely weaker on that side, but that'll come back over time.

All in all, keep your head up!

I had both shoulders operated on, one in sept and the other in nov.

get your self some tb 500 or low dose gh and get to healing, son.

Had shoulder surgery last in November of last year.

The best advice I can offer is for you to remember that this is a marathon - not a sprint. Listen to what your body is telling you. It is critical that you do not push your body too soon, otherwise you will really fuck yourself up and be counterproductive to your goals.

BTW - you can still work around your injuries. It took me 4 months to be comfortable doing light shoulder work. I avoided any direct shoulder work for the first 3 months and no longer go heavy or doing anything that might risk it. For example....no more dips and very careful with pressing movements. I now go light and for the pump with regards to shoulders.

Best of luck in your recovery.

I SECOND THE TB 500. Wasn't around when I had my surgery but would have certainly been in my arsenal. Also, try controlling inflamation as much as possible by eating foods high in bromelain such as pineapple and avoiding foods that cause inflamation. It has also been shown that there is approximately a 15% crossover of strength/size to the untrained side, so keep up with lifting as much as you can. I also sipped on bcaas mixed in green tea all day. My surgeon and I were very pleased with the amount of muscle I maintained and the rate I healed. Once I was fully healed, I began a protocol of IGF des and mgf on that side and within 2 months it seemed to have caught up with the other side as far as size goes.

I am 3 days post op from shoulder surgery and super depressed. Im committed to eating clean and following my docs instructions to heal as quickly as possible . Being out the gym and fearful of losing all my size has me feeling like crap . Anyone been in my shoes that can offer some advice?

a SAD surgery is nothing man. You'll be back to normal in no time. I've had 4 surgeries in the last 4 years and am still in pain. Now that's something to be depressed about. Just focus on getting better and following the dr's orders.

Big deal--one surgery--and a simple one at that. You have absolutely no reason to be depressed. People are in much worse positions than you. Just eat clean, stay lean, and you'll come back so fast you have no idea. Just rest.

why not run gh? it could run expensive but it'll make you recover really and fast and help you get leaner.

Just a thought

I had a completely torn labrum with other damage.

Some dick-prick teen walked infront of me as I did my clean & press, and I caught the side of my bar on the squat rack. Instant torn shit. I tried another rep, but stopped due to the popping in my shoulder. :(

Took me a solid 12 months of recover, even with peps and IGF LR3. The LR3 helped heal the cuts seemingly immediatly. As of now, I am not working out 5x/wk and it's been a few years, however my pain is down and strength up.

Stay strong mentally.

One exercise that will help heal: visualize your body sending cells to the area to heal it. It really does help.

Listen to your doctor. Don't go to the gym before he says so, and don't lift more weight than he says is okay. If you do these things you'll recover faster and have fewer complications.

Best of luck with your recovery.

I was down and out for month and month. Had Poplatial Artery Intrapment Sysndrome Surgery. Had a fucking Calf Reduction if you can believe thatl. Going to the gym to just walk on the treadmill and be around my boys was good for me. The narcotics and sitting around drove me nuts. Being in the enviroment of the gym even if I couldnt lift was good for my mental health. Listen to your Dr, and dont lift till he says you are ready but get out and be around your gym homies. You will feel better

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear