over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lantus real world results

kandaandm

Registered
What are the benefits and realistic gains resulted from adding "lantus" to your current cycle? I'd like to hear real world results and protocols/dosages if anyone with experience would care to respond.

R u dead set on lantus? I think most guys run R. Me and my crew have just started experimenting with it. Twice a day for now. I think u would benefit from reading the insulin thread in the peptide and growth factor section. I believe that's where it is. It's several pages long. A couple of vets are leading the thread. It's very informative, but no mention of lantus in there.

I am not sure why anyone would want to use Lantus to help in a cycle. The idea behind use of insulin is to time it in a way so your body and muscle cells can take advantage of the food you put in you. This is why Humalog is preferred over Regular insulin cause Humalog works even faster. It comes on like a switch and is out of your body in a 2 hours. R kicks in at 30-45min and can stay 4-5 hours. Lantus is even worse for this purpose because it stayd 16-20hours.

I prescribe Lantus for my true diabetics that need a baseline insulin 24hours a day. And then many still supplement their meals with a certain amount of Humalog. Using Lantus for the purpose of mass building is not recommended not at least by me :)

Kanda, it's on page three of the section I mentioned before. Plus there is another thread on pg 1 now at the top. Check em out. Good luck.

lantus is a 24 hr time release insulin you would want to mess with...humulin r is a semi safe 4 hr insulin to use..and it's always better to keep things safe and simple..

sorry,i meant that lantus is a time release insulin..that shouldn't be messed with..definitely keep it simple with humulin r.

Found this on RX Muscle:

This is not for BEGGINERS!!!

can insulin use be simple and effective same time?

here is some ideas

Long acting insulin like lantus has many advantages over any other kind of insulin used for bodybuilding. First of all better effect on muscles directly, because of long time action lantus has time to spread to peripheral tissues including skeletal muscle. Lantus able to activate IGF1 receptor 10 times more then own body insulin. Because lantus does not have peak concentration, there is no risk to went hypo in ANY! circumstances, you can keep fasting all day and you do not have chance to go hypo even if you will inject 20iu of lantus. You can inject lantus before going to bed and you will have no risk to went hypo during sleep. Why? Becasue of slow action profile. Your body always will have time to mobilize internal resources to maintain BG level.

So to summarize it, lantus more effective on muscle growth and more safe for inexperienced users.

There is no reason to sue lantus at 10-15 per day, it is too low doses. To get real effect from lantus you will have to work doses up to 50-70iu per day. It is not too much with lantus, because lantus can spread all over the body mean insulin concentration in some particular tissues will remain quite low.

That is another advantage that you can gradually work the dose up on quite significant amount of IU per day and be safe.

How to use it?

First of all I want to stress the fact, that insulin use require to be serious about what you are doing and have some discipline.

Start with 10iu per day ED. Lantus have to be used ED, not on working day or 2 day per week. If you not injecting lantus ED you cannot titrate dose up. If you do not titrate doses up you will not have any serious effect from use of lantus at all.

Increase dose on 5 iu per week. Check your morning fasting BG on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, if results are not less then 70 mg/dl you can increase dose on 5 iu at Monday. Do the same next week. By doing this simple testing you can be sure that your diet is adequate and you will NEVER run into any troubles with lantus. If fasting morning BG less than 70mg/dl - improve your diet take some long acting proteins at night and stay on the same dose during the whole next week. No frog's jumps with insulin.

Will you have opportunity to accumulate some extra fat - Yes, certainly. Fat accumulation can be controlled perfectly with use of 250-500mcg of GH Frags 176-191 injected same time with lantus at morning.

I hate to tell you but there is no medical evidence and every theory mentioned in that article is scientically wrong. Period. Injecting 50-75iu of Lantus is a shit of load of insulin and having that much insulin in your system 24/7 will do nothing but make you fat and make your body insensitive and almost guarantee you to develop diabetes because your pancreas will never see a time that it has no insulin so it will basically reduce or shut down its own production. Insulin is insulin. It is a one to one conversion. If someone is on 20iu of NPH three times a day lets say and i want to convert them to Lantus, i put them on 50-60iu of lantus split twice a day. We dont say "oh its nothing being on lantus lets start you on 120iu of Lantus." It is your 24 hour consumption of insulin that counts.

So if you can achieve similar results with a 10iu injection once a day around work out so your muscles can maximize all the nutrition availale to them etc, then why would you inject 60-100iu a day of Lantus for other times that dont matter. It makes no medical or scientific sense at all.

You arent going to find much on american based boards, check out some euro boards and youll find what you are looking for, they basically view fast acting stuff like americans view long acting stuff

fat + lantus

do you need low fat diet with lantus ?

i would be cautious with the fats but not too worried, i think lantus is more for bulking and i would just monitor the bf frequently and adjust as needed.

Lantus can be very beneficial if your on gh. Just check your morning glucose. I can keep you off becoming insulin resitance from gh. For example take 1iu of Lantus of every 20lbs bodyweight if you want to get real gains add soms extra insuline like humalog or humulin r. Pre/workout. You will have much more igf levels in your body this way of using it.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Professional Muscle mobile app

Lantus can be very beneficial if your on gh. Just check your morning glucose. I can keep you off becoming insulin resitance from gh. For example take 1iu of Lantus of every 20lbs bodyweight if you want to get real gains add soms extra insuline like humalog or humulin r. Pre/workout. You will have much more igf levels in your body this way of using it.

Wondering how you came up with 1iu for every 20 pounds of body weight?

Do you take it first thing in the morning?

Lantus is unreal for growth. But sensitivity climbs very fast.

I like lantus as 100 a day minimum-200 a day and 15 iu novorapid before meals. Growth it amazing on a good amount of test and tren. But no longer then a month before sensitivity is fucked.

Lantus is unreal for growth. But sensitivity climbs very fast.

I like lantus as 100 a day minimum-200 a day and 15 iu novorapid before meals. Growth it amazing on a good amount of test and tren. But no longer then a month before sensitivity is fucked.

You have tried 200IU lantus daily with 15IU novorapid before how many meals... 5? I have heard about guys on here using similar amounts but I don't think anyone has ever openly posted about it.

I always go on about having fat with slin is fine but if I was running such a slin cycle I would be eating meat, rice, fast carbs (certain powders etc) and veg all day and using fish/krill/blackcurrant oïl caps as my fat source. So obviously in short burst cycles like you mention. This is just for conversation purposes as I would never personally do it. I think my max for slin would be 20iu per day. Not saying more is bad just my personal preference.

What was your diet like on that much? HGH? How much gear? How much weight did you gain? How many times have you done such a cycle? Just curious. Thanks

Last edited:
Wondering how you came up with 1iu for every 20 pounds of body weight?

Do you take it first thing in the morning?
It's a indication. For perfect dosis you need to have fasting bloodsugar levels. Gh blocks insulin going to the receptors. Long term it will cause insulin resistance it's also depends on the dosage but if you take 5iu gh or over i am sure it's beter to take soms lantus.

You will not get fat from this dosage. Dont forget your body always produce some insuline.
Because your liver release glucose. Even if your fasting.

Just before bed is ok. But the best way is to split dosage every 12 hours with lantus. Tresiba you can do 1 time a day

Last edited:
if you use lantus without HGH, low fat diet is very recommended ?

I hate to tell you but there is no medical evidence and every theory mentioned in that article is scientically wrong. Period. Injecting 50-75iu of Lantus is a shit of load of insulin and having that much insulin in your system 24/7 will do nothing but make you fat and make your body insensitive and almost guarantee you to develop diabetes because your pancreas will never see a time that it has no insulin so it will basically reduce or shut down its own production. Insulin is insulin. It is a one to one conversion. If someone is on 20iu of NPH three times a day lets say and i want to convert them to Lantus, i put them on 50-60iu of lantus split twice a day. We dont say "oh its nothing being on lantus lets start you on 120iu of Lantus." It is your 24 hour consumption of insulin that counts.

So if you can achieve similar results with a 10iu injection once a day around work out so your muscles can maximize all the nutrition availale to them etc, then why would you inject 60-100iu a day of Lantus for other times that dont matter. It makes no medical or scientific sense at all.
I'm a type 1 diabetic and absolutely hate lantus as I always gained fat on this... I love levemir as I was able to dial in and get pretty shredded.

I prefer to back load my carbs and use my fast acting insulin around that meal. This is my post workout meal, I usually consume about 120 to 150 grams of carbs with 10 units of insulin.

This is my second year since diagnosis and it took me almost this long to learn the carb insulin relationship and what worked for me.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Professional Muscle mobile app

I'm a type 1 diabetic and absolutely hate lantus as I always gained fat on this... I love levemir as I was able to dial in and get pretty shredded.

I prefer to back load my carbs and use my fast acting insulin around that meal. This is my post workout meal, I usually consume about 120 to 150 grams of carbs with 10 units of insulin.

This is my second year since diagnosis and it took me almost this long to learn the carb insulin relationship and what worked for me.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Professional Muscle mobile app

Interesting feedback. This goes to show individual tolerances are quite different for everyone. I use novolin r and don't go over 13 ius on 250 carbs on workout days. That works for me. I have yet to try long acting insulins.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131