advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lack of Diet information on this forum???

scottswald

Registered
ok, so firstly i dont mean any offence to the forum or members here but i've been looking for examples of offseason diets (from the big guys mainly) and there doesnt seem to be any around the forum.. or am i simply looking in the wrong section?

I would really like to see what you 250lbs+ guys ate to get to your size. I have had examples on the uk forums but there are so many skinny lads there just saying recycled information whereas there are plenty of animals here

you bring up a good point.. but you could do a seach on offseason eating or what did you eat theres some great old threads on here with alot of info do some searches youll be surprised the HUGE AMOUNT OF KNOWLEDGE on this board ..

70g Protein , 50g carbs , 20g fat per meal

PROTEIN comes from eggs ,chicken ,beef and fish

CARB come from sweet potatoes and fruit with a little white rice post workout and a little carbs in the intra workout BCAA shake

FAT come from egg yolks , beef , avadaco few nuts

their is a ton of nutrition info here as well as many diets laid out , if you want a specific diet or meal plan laid out for you you need hire a trainer

NOTE : I'm 6'2" , compete at 245-250 , 270ish off season

Last edited:

CARB come from sweet potatoes and fruit with a little white rice post workout and a little carbs in the intra workout BCAA shake

their is a ton of nutrition info here as well as many diets laid out , if you want a specific diet or meal plan laid out for you you need hire a trainer

:yeahthat: Very nice information here.

There is a ton of information on this board, there used to be a LOT more discussion about bodybuilding diet, training etc than there is now IMO. I wasn't around this board in those times. So what I do is search user names like Phil, shelby, brad, lenny, JM, dante etc etc and read all the post they've ever started.

This has helped me learn a TON of information from training, supps, eating etc. There is just so much information here, you may just have to work for it a little bit.

Advice

Each meal get about 30 grams protein, 30 grams carbs and 15 grams of fat.........stay away from red meat.....use extra virgin olive oil and walnut and coconut oil for fats..............1 raw egg a day though.......fruits and vegetables for carbs......use LBAs as a meal between each meal (6 TS LBA, 1 TBS oil) with glass of water................try that to START with.

I suggested a subforum a while back. I forgot the reasoning but they said no

Free advice

You cannot approach this as a short term diet. You must think long term. You must protect your kidneys and red meat damages kidneys more so than any other protein source. You need to think health AND bodybuilding....if you do not, then you will not have much of a life. Look at all the guys droppong off like flies......." it wont happen to me" they say..........well, it happens to them. Diet SMART.......this is not about how big and lean can I get at all costs...........geeesh, anyone can give you a diet to get big and lean at all costs......this must be plotted so you will have a good life and a balance.

How many meals do you typically eat bro? I ask cuz we're the same height basically but you're about 30 lbs bigger than me

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

Each meal get about 30 grams protein, 30 grams carbs and 15 grams of fat.........stay away from red meat.....use extra virgin olive oil and walnut and coconut oil for fats..............1 raw egg a day though.......fruits and vegetables for carbs......use LBAs as a meal between each meal (6 TS LBA, 1 TBS oil) with glass of water................try that to START with.

Do not ignore this post from Phil here. GOLDEN info. Eat those macros when you are hungry for 10 to 14 days and see where you end up. Then you can adjust.

You cannot approach this as a short term diet. You must think long term. You must protect your kidneys and red meat damages kidneys more so than any other protein source. You need to think health AND bodybuilding....if you do not, then you will not have much of a life. Look at all the guys droppong off like flies......." it wont happen to me" they say..........well, it happens to them. Diet SMART.......this is not about how big and lean can I get at all costs...........geeesh, anyone can give you a diet to get big and lean at all costs......this must be plotted so you will have a good life and a balance.

What do you think of small 4oz (cooked) extremely lean red meat meal per day?

I dont remeber you telling me to stay away from red meats when I was working with you. Can you tell us why to avoid the red meat? Is it to keep down iron levels some? Right now I still eat a good share of red meat.

edit. I see that you say it can damage the kidneys more, do you know why? Never heard that before and would like to know more. Thanks

Last edited:
How many meals do you typically eat bro? I ask cuz we're the same height basically but you're about 30 lbs bigger than me

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

Generaly 6 , realy depends on what I'm doing , some days only 5 other days 7 but most of the time 6 with a little casine and LBAs mixed with peanutbutter as a late night snack.
right now it's drastically less because I'm not training , just a morning and evening walk with the dogs maybe 40g protein 20g carbs and 20 fat per meal and 2 gallons water a day
protein is from eggs , chicken and fish
carbs from fruit
fats from little coconut oil from cooking and making salad dressing and egg yolks

I see a lot of guys incorporating fish quite often. Ive never been a seafood person, so excuse me if this sounds retarded...but what types of fish are yall eating? Fresh? Frozen?....from my understanding, wild caught is best?

Wild caught is always the best.....

I just eat....and eat...and eat some more from mostly clean sources...

most of my fish is local wild caught , speckled trout , redfish , flounder , snapper , grouper , tuna , some freshwater catfish

I do buy frozen tilapia from time to time if I run out of what we catch.

I hate salmon so I don't eat that at all

Hi R

I dont remeber you telling me to stay away from red meats when I was working with you. Can you tell us why to avoid the red meat? Is it to keep down iron levels some? Right now I still eat a good share of red meat.

edit. I see that you say it can damage the kidneys more, do you know why? Never heard that before and would like to know more. Thanks

I never push red meat on any client.......but I never said to " stay away"......its your choice.......but we trained 5 years ago? We always learn something new......so after speaking to many nephrologists who see issues every day, I needed to ammend my training.........especially when it comes to protecting our health. Google red meat and kidney health

say it ain't so!

why in the world would you advise such a thing? :confused: :eek:

woops, your follow up post just answered that! What if a bodybuilder is natural, eats 1-2 lbs of GF beef a day and drinks tons of water?

still a kidney-killer?

I'd think grassfed beef cooked properly, no burnt tissue, would increase your overall heath. And if you're worried about kidney cancer eat GF beef kidney to help fortify your own kidney's resistance to damage.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner