over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Artificial Sweeteners

andrew.peplin

Registered
Hey guys what is your take on artificial sweeteners?Do you have a favorite? Splenda, stevia, ect..

Splenda all the way!!

Truvia for me. Hated the licorice/bitter taste of stevia. Truvia smells like and kind of tastes like cotton candy. :D

Why? because it has no chemicals?

Because it's an extract from an herb. Splenda is chemical garbage. If you don't want to use sugar, there are so many other options that are still healthy.

Stevia
Raw honey
Date sugar
Molasses
Sorghum
Agave
Rapadura

All natural, all unrefined and not processed.

LOL at people hating on splenda for being a chemical.

BRB, injecting tren while sipping on my stevia beverage.

LOL at people hating on splenda for being a chemical.

BRB, injecting tren while sipping on my stevia beverage.

You're right. May as well throw caution to the wind with everything I guess. That's like saying, "Oh I dropped my phone, I guess I'll smash it with a hammer until it's totally worthless."

No matter how hard you try you'll never eliminate every toxin, but that's kind of the point. Control the ones you can.

You're right. May as well throw caution to the wind with everything I guess. That's like saying, "Oh I dropped my phone, I guess I'll smash it with a hammer until it's totally worthless."

No matter how hard you try you'll never eliminate every toxin, but that's kind of the point. Control the ones you can.

Exactly ,, splenda does taste good but stevia def healthiest ,, been using it for awhile now , already use to the taste. An glad I made the switch ..

The more I've messed with artificial sweetners the more I try to abstain from them. For some reason if I eat too much of them I'm more likely to binge that day....I think there is something to it causing slight insulin resistance by depleting ones chromium levels? Not 100% sure on that one, maybe JM can chime in here with his wealth of knowledge :)

So you have no control over your steroid use? You should blast splenda users and label them unhealthy?

Your point is a gross over-generalization. How is stevia healthier than splenda anyway? Natural things can be bad for you too.

Exactly ,, splenda does taste good but stevia def healthiest ,, been using it for awhile now , already use to the taste. An glad I made the switch ..

How is it healthier? Does anyone have any studies that show stevia is "healthier" than splenda, or that either is inherently safe/unsafe? How are we defining health, anyway?

Because it's an extract from an herb. Splenda is chemical garbage. If you don't want to use sugar, there are so many other options that are still healthy.

Stevia
Raw honey
Date sugar
Molasses
Sorghum
Agave
Rapadura

All natural, all unrefined and not processed.

Pretty sure most of us don't eat sugar for th calorieS, not because it's sugar.

There haven't been any conclusive long term studies done on either stevia or splenda because both are relatively new to the market, only short term research. It's still pretty much inconclusive SO FAR according to studies. Now we all know how bad aspartame(equal) and saccarin(sweet n low) are because those have been around a lot longer. When humans modify things taken from nature, it seems that there are side effects that follow. Not saying that everything from nature that is untouched is good for you either. My opinion is that until there is enough research done on both stevia and splenda, we can't say for sure if one is better for you health wise than the other.

Last edited:
Just about every restaurant only offers the blue, pink, and yellow packet combo. I was told by a dietician that the splenda was the better choice of the three. Not saying that stevia is better or worse, just saying its not an option most of the time.

Just about every restaurant only offers the blue, pink, and yellow packet combo. I was told by a dietician that the splenda was the better choice of the three. Not saying that stevia is better or worse, just saying its not an option most of the time.

Most restaurants don't carry stevia because of the price. Blue-Equal/aspartame. Studies have shown that it affects the brain and can cause alzheimer's over long term consumption. Pink-Sweet n Low/saccarin. It causes cancer over long term consumption. Yellow-Splenda. Still inconclusive results because it hasn't been studied over a long enough period of time.

So you have no control over your steroid use? You should blast splenda users and label them unhealthy?

Your point is a gross over-generalization. How is stevia healthier than splenda anyway? Natural things can be bad for you too.

How is it healthier? Does anyone have any studies that show stevia is "healthier" than splenda, or that either is inherently safe/unsafe? How are we defining health, anyway?

How is it healthier? Seriously? Do you know what sucralose is? It's chlorinated sugar. Surely you can conclude that's not as healthy as a natural herb that has been used as a sweetener, and medicinally, by South American cultures for 1,500+ years.

Toxic Splenda Essentials Falsely Marketed to Health-Conscious Consumers | Wake Up World

**broken link removed**

Pretty sure most of us don't eat sugar for th calorieS, not because it's sugar.

That may be true, but here is an interesting study regarding that point. No calories doesn't necessarily mean no consequences.

Duke University Study Links Splenda to Weight Gain, Health Problems

just add sugar to coffee, and usually when I take it in coffee shops so I substitute sugar for saccharin which is what has

There haven't been any conclusive long term studies done on either stevia or splenda because both are relatively new to the market, only short term research. It's still pretty much inconclusive SO FAR according to studies. Now we all know how bad aspartame(equal) and saccarin(sweet n low) are because those have been around a lot longer. When humans modify things taken from nature, it seems that there are side effects that follow. Not saying that everything from nature that is untouched is good for you either. My opinion is that until there is enough research done on both stevia and splenda, we can't say for sure if one is better for you health wise than the other.

Exactly. Bingo!

Most restaurants don't carry stevia because of the price. Blue-Equal/aspartame. Studies have shown that it affects the brain and can cause alzheimer's over long term consumption. Pink-Sweet n Low/saccarin. It causes cancer over long term consumption. Yellow-Splenda. Still inconclusive results because it hasn't been studied over a long enough period of time.

Do you have links to those studies? Anyone can say "studies have shown" but reading and understanding the actual studies is important for everyone involved.

How is it healthier? Seriously? Do you know what sucralose is? It's chlorinated sugar. Surely you can conclude that's not as healthy as a natural herb that has been used as a sweetener, and medicinally, by South American cultures for 1,500+ years.

Toxic Splenda Essentials Falsely Marketed to Health-Conscious Consumers | Wake Up World

**broken link removed**

That may be true, but here is an interesting study regarding that point. No calories doesn't necessarily mean no consequences.

Duke University Study Links Splenda to Weight Gain, Health Problems

You link to Wake Up World and to Dr. Mercola, one of the biggest quacks on the planet? Let's see the studies.

So answer this question...how are you defining health? What makes stevia healthier? There are plenty of natural things...cocaine for instance comes from the coco plant...SURELY that is "healthier" than splenda because splenda is a chemical and cocaine comes from an herb. Right?

i think the splenda fear is dumb

not to mention like 99% of the bulk of the packet isnt even sucralose but maltodextrin

its like a few micrograms of the actual 'splenda'

i havent seen anything conclusive, or logical, that makes me think eating splenda will give me alzheimers or cancer... i mean seriously,... how??? can someone break that down for me in logical laymans terms how sucralose is going to give you a horrible disease?

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws