over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Winning the Nationals or USA Body building

PHIL HERNON

Banned
It is HARD..........VERY HARD.........I do not know anyone here in 10 years that won the overall at the USA or Nationals.........anyone? You guys talk like your friends on here will walk away with that honor...STOP TELLING THEM THIS....YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW MUCH THAT HURTS THEM.........they are not that sensitive that they cant take honesty.....they actually think they are turning pro......they better GET HUGE then DRY FIRST.....I mean, not looking good in a bathroom or bedroom........ON STAGE IN TRUNKS......encourage them but stop lying to them.

Top five at one of these shows is hard enough, let alone winning class and overall.

shit I'd be happy as hell just to qualify to go !!

Can you imagine walking around backstage? Best of the best of the best walking around. Just not getting embarrassed would be an accomplishment.

I was trying to remember... What show did Putnam win to turn pro?

The nationals and usa championships win, especially the overall, is a very prrestigious title

overall winners generally go on to become great pros, top 10 olympia caliber

My buddy Aaron Clark(ifbb pro) just missed winning Mr Usa Overall I believe. Darron Glenn beat him but I don't think he should have.
Aaron was 23(now 24) and pushed Darron all the way at a little over 200lbs this past July. No one saw him coming but he did his homework and that shows me that while very hard, these things are achievable.

My buddy Aaron Clark(ifbb pro) just missed winning Mr Usa Overall I believe. Darron Glenn beat him but I don't think he should have.
Aaron was 23(now 24) and pushed Darron all the way at a little over 200lbs this past July. No one saw him coming but he did his homework and that shows me that while very hard, these things are achievable.

clark was definitely a surprise that night. i never saw him coming. i think darron glenn was the rightful winner. his shape and structure is just superior.

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

going into the show i thought pasquale would have taken the heavies,... and then BOOM aaron clark shows the fuck up with the craziest package ever

The last person I remember doing it was Phil Heath in '05 USA HVY winner and Overall winner.

The national level is not joke, especially Nationals and USA's, simply put - tough competition, each class is so difficult, just because you qualified doesn't mean you are even ready yet, then it is still tough!

Thanks for bursting my bubble Phil!!! I was gearing up(no pun) this whole time to take the overall at USA or Nats........Ill just stick to local level now

I was going to put a thread up about this the other day (and I am just all internet argued out for my lifetime so I rarely post in anything that could be construed as confrontational anymore..LOL)

I see people on other boards like MD ripping guys that are the elite of the sport saying "he has no lower lats, the guy sucks" or "fucking guy looks like he dieted on bacon and butter"....when we all know coming in shredded with striated hamstrings is just a breeze and walk in the park.

Honestly you have to be the best bodybuilder in your gym (not top five..THE BEST BODYBUILDER IN YOUR GYM....ARE YOU?)....then after you get past that incredibley SMALL hurdle.

1) the best in your immediate area
2) the best in your county
3) the best in your state of all the bbers in your weight class (good luck)
4) the best bber in your weight class out of all the other states in the USA (double good luck)
5) and then on top of that come in shrinkwrapped, shredded to the hilt and in inside out condition.

Meanwhile a buck 72 pound Stevie going by the name "muscleguns86" on MD is saying "that guy sucks" when buck 72 pound Stevie has been training 13 years and placed 8th out of 3 competitors in the local Johnny Appleseed Open.

I was going to put a thread up about this the other day (and I am just all internet argued out for my lifetime so I rarely post in anything that could be construed as confrontational anymore..LOL)

I see people on other boards like MD ripping guys that are the elite of the sport saying "he has no lower lats, the guy sucks" or "fucking guy looks like he dieted on bacon and butter"....when we all know coming in shredded with striated hamstrings is just a breeze and walk in the park.

Honestly you have to be the best bodybuilder in your gym (not top five..THE BEST BODYBUILDER IN YOUR GYM....ARE YOU?)....then after you get past that incredibley SMALL hurdle.

1) the best in your immediate area
2) the best in your county
3) the best in your state of all the bbers in your weight class (good luck)
4) the best bber in your weight class out of all the other states in the USA (double good luck)
5) and then on top of that come in shrinkwrapped, shredded to the hilt and in inside out condition.

Meanwhile a buck 72 pound Stevie going by the name "muscleguns86" on MD is saying "that guy sucks" when buck 72 pound Stevie has been training 13 years and placed 8th out of 3 competitors in the local Johnny Appleseed Open.

this why i said in my other post, "at least he is trying and not talking"
to many want to put someone down when they havent done anything!!!
those of us who compete or have competed know we can be looking great a week before then do something we think could improve our look and screw up doing it, now what do you do? to late to do anyhting really you need a few days to get that look back most of the time.

for those who think you're better prove it!!! see how you stack up in a national show!!! cuz we know how easy it really is right? just take as many drugs & gh as you can and eat lean cuz thats all thats to it right?

Last edited:
It is HARD..........VERY HARD.........I do not know anyone here in 10 years that won the overall at the USA or Nationals.........anyone? You guys talk like your friends on here will walk away with that honor...STOP TELLING THEM THIS....YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW MUCH THAT HURTS THEM.........they are not that sensitive that they cant take honesty.....they actually think they are turning pro......they better GET HUGE then DRY FIRST.....I mean, not looking good in a bathroom or bedroom........ON STAGE IN TRUNKS......encourage them but stop lying to them.

Was much harder back in the 80s and 90s.
At this nationals over 60 new pro cards was giving out, in the mans bbing division top 2 received pro cards.

Is IFBB trying to become more relevant and increase interest by opening up more opportunities for going pro? Is that necessarily a bad thing? Maybe a necessary evil?

Is IFBB trying to become more relevant and increase interest by opening up more opportunities for going pro? Is that necessarily a bad thing? Maybe a necessary evil?

Over $1,000.000 revenue collected just on the IFBB membership cards( per year).

Are they considered pretty equal? USA and nationals?
These are the two best shows for ametuer
Male bb?

So the past 10 years we are talking about
20 men to win the Overall?

Counting all the other chances for 2nd- other divisions, other shows,
How many pro cards go out? Just talking for men. 25? 50?

I agree for the nationals, but not for the USA, that is E-Z to win. :eek:

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420