over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Getting Winded Easily

PumpinIron

Registered
One of the things I always notice (and that my girlfriend constantly points out to me) is that I get winded incredibly easily and break out in a sweat over the littlest things.

Even walking up one flight of stairs usually has me sweating (a little bit) and gets me breathing very hard. The funny thing about this is I can sit on the stair master at the gym on a pretty high level and do it for 45 minutes. Sure I am sweating and breathing hard but I do it every day. I can also run miles on end on the treadmill without any issues.

I was reading an article online and found this...

2007 Mr. Olympia, Jay Cutler, did an interview a couple years ago where the journalist observed him in his house. Cutler reportedly got out of breath going up a flight of stairs in his house. He had just lifted the couch to vacuum under it minutes before, which is a marvelous display of strength, but one has to be curious if going up the stairs should wind someone who technically exercises all day.

Now I know how some of these pros feel. I'm in great shape, I life 6 days a week, do cardio 6 days a week as well, and eat as healthy as can be. I guess the constant sweating and getting winded must be due to the fact that I'm carrying so much muscle mass.

Anyone else feel my pain?

I am with you on this. It gets way worse in the summer.
For me running or walking up stairs puts me out of breath. Also when I'm using deca it's 3-4x worse like talking on the phone while walking is hard to do

I had the same issue when I was on cycle. I think its the extra water weight the body is carrying. It's possible that we're able to put on weight faster then our cardiovascular system can maintain its ability. It takes more time for the cardiovascular system to adjust to the heavier weight I think, so it causes a higher rate of respiration/perspiration, though the anabolics give us the energy to push through. Not necessarily a bad thing, sweat is good. I'd be more worried if you couldn't sweat. However, I'm no professional.

It's especially bad when I am on Tren but even when I am not on cycle at all it still remains.

Same issue. Stepmill and bike for an hour but have trouble walking up a single flight of stairs.

And I thought I was the one!!! Lol. Same here. I can workout like a maniac and it seems the farther I get into my workout or cardio the LESS winded I feel. I work in a Max Security Prison and we have to make rounds every 30min and I have to walk 25 steps to get to the top tier, then walk the entire unit, by the time I get up there I'm winded and it happens everytime I do it.

It happens to most who carry a lot of muscle mass and are on cycle at the same time. I have the same issue. I do the stairmaster no problem for 20 mins high intensity 3-4x a week, but sweat a lot. Thing is, I've always sweat more than the average person even as a young child. People in general that carry a lot of weight have the same issues whether it be a big bber or an obese individual.

I get like that on tren, showing my son how to ride a bike yesterday I was running behind him holding the seat, made it 20 yards before I had to take a break, I was panting like I was 400lb fatty lol.

i have the same issue. for me it is much worse when im bulking.......and tren of course would only make it worse

My bodyweight effects me like that, the higher bodyweights from 290 and up really get me bad, tying my shoes can take some effort, theres a lot of me between me and the shoes lol.
Handicap ramp anyone?:p

you do cardio 6 days a week.....

what kind?

most people could cut their cardio time in half in my opinion, if they actually did cardio properly and made it hard. Walking for 40 minutes at a steady rate isnt going to condition your heart/lungs/cardiovascular system much at all.

maybe you can changeup how you are doing cardio, that has helped me a lot.

you do cardio 6 days a week.....

what kind?

most people could cut their cardio time in half in my opinion, if they actually did cardio properly and made it hard. Walking for 40 minutes at a steady rate isnt going to condition your heart/lungs/cardiovascular system much at all.

maybe you can changeup how you are doing cardio, that has helped me a lot.

I do 15 minutes of HIIT cardio training 6 days a week. Does that seem like too much?

Tren wreaks havoc on my cardio, that and lets face it the extra weight we carry isnt a help. i cant even imagine how these 400lb out of shape people feel when they have to walk around.

You said it! Imagine how some of those fat people on the biggest loser must feel. They just get winded just picking up the TV remote!

When I'm laying with a girl and I move or adjust myself it's like hard to hear the TV cause I'm breathing so loud.

I started doing cardio today.
I was doing sets on the stair master with a 50 Pound weighted vest, Gonna go up to 75 eventually.Hopefully this will get me lean and in awesome condition with developed legs like that german cyclist, coupled with diet of course.
I notice I sweat a lot and breath heavy when getting dressed, think its cortisol related
I even have like a slight wheeze at the end of my breath, hope that goes away with training

Last edited:
I have had this issue my whole life and i am by no means big, i had this issue since puberty in middle school. I was a four sport athlete could compete fine, but the smallest tasks left me sweaty and winded no matter what. The thing is its genetic in my family i come from and extremely athletic family(2 of my uncles won football national championships at Notre dame) and my mom was a state champion in 3 sports and she has the same issue as well.

The doc told me it was due to a fast metabolism and just genetic variables causing my body temp to always be a little elevated as well as excess sweating and panting from small tasks. It sucks dick to be honest and is only getting worse as I get bigger but the doc told me nothing to worry about, so i'm not loosing sleep over it.

Yea, big problem for me is that during squats, my quads have reps left in them but my lungs are screaming. Im thinking about albuterol prior.
Do you guys have this problem while lifting. Lungs give out before muscle

Whenever I am trying on clothes, changing, or putting on socks that is a nightmare. I start sweating like crazy just from that! It's why I hate going shopping for clothes because I always end up having to take 5 or 6 things to a dressing room only to come out all sweaty and breathing heavily.

I am always hot (even in the winter and when I am not on cycle) so I figured that maybe it has to do with having such a high metabolism.

I used to be like this and I think this highlights that stairmasters don't effectively improve conditioning.

When I ditched cardio machines and focused on hill sprints, sled pulls prowler pushes and battling rope my conditioning actually became more like an athlete.

I'm not one to put anyone down but I think constantly being winded just climbing stairs or basic stuff would worry me.

I do 15 minutes of HIIT cardio training 6 days a week. Does that seem like too much?

no, that seems good.... how winded do you get from cardio?

I find it strange you can do 15 minutes of HIIT but not walk up stairs... that was going to be my suggestion lol HIIT

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member