advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Does caffiene give you a crappier workout?

Does caffiene help or hurt your workouts?

• Caffiene hurts my workout

Votes: 8 11.4%
  • Caffiene rocks, I love it and it gives me an extra boost

Votes: 53 75.7%
  • Not really sure/doesn't do much for me

Votes: 9 12.9%

• Total voters

blaze918

Registered
Hey,
not sure if this belongs in the beginner section but I was just wondering if anyone experiences a worse workout after taking caffeine?
Personally I feel like I tend to have a shorter workout and don't push myself as hard...maybe I'm just using too much (about 220+mg).
Does it tend to help your workout or hurt it?

Hey,
not sure if this belongs in the beginner section but I was just wondering if anyone experiences a worse workout after taking caffeine?
Personally I feel like I tend to have a shorter workout and don't push myself as hard...maybe I'm just using too much (about 220+mg).

For most I would say if it is hurting your workout then your simply taking too much. Caffeine is an amazing drug but abused far too much by many weightlifters. Try half the dose and see how you are. Moreover, make sure you have plenty of breaks and run it in cycles.

I gave up coffee and now take 350mg caffeine with a packet of vitamin c when I get up in the morning. Sometimes I'm good to go all day, others I'll chew a piece or two of stay alert gum (100 mg caffeine per piece).

sometimes it makes me more tired and just agitated.

Hey,

I drink a strong 16oz coffee on my way to the gym and always feel like it gives me a nice boost of energy with no jitters or increased heart rate. It doesnt hurt my workouts at all,,in fact I miss it if I forget it at home.

Caffeine is a vasoconstrictor, so it actually prevents blood from flowing to the muscles to the max

It makes me bloated I think. I just took 400 mg and I'm still tired.

Used to take all the pre workouts loaded with caffeine and stimulants, after a while they really made my workouts suck.
So I quit them, and my workouts have never been better from then on out.

Caffeine jacks with my HR too much. Don't use any preworkout other than maybe some bcaas/carbs...and slin ;)

Hey,

Are you using straight caffeine?? We keep several diff kinds of pre-workout supps /powder's sitting around so we constantly cycle them. Seems to work better when using various supps throughout the week....

I'm dead without my coffee , sucks but that's life. But I've grown to love the taste of black coffee so I would drink it either way

Well I took caffeine and tyrosine last night, and it didn't start to work till several hours later and slept horrible but I'm an idiot from procrastinating and trying to hot the gym late.

Last edited:
Ya know a good majority of pre workout supplements are oxymoronic they have L-Arginine which is a Vasodilator and caffeine is a Vasoconstrictor Kind of work against each other. But to the answer of the question I personally like a little caffeine and have never had it hurt a workout.

"Are you using straight caffeine?? We keep several diff kinds of pre-workout supps /powder's sitting around so we constantly cycle them. Seems to work better when using various supps throughout the week...."

No I've been using NO Xplode, but sometimes I get the crappy feeling with C4 or other pre workouts. The only time I took straight caffeine was with an ephedrine pill...I've never sweated so hard in my life.
I think Elvia might be dead on, I'm probably just taking too much. Like so many things in life I bet moderation is the key.

Alin I wish I liked coffee, I would definitely try using it as a pre-workout if I did.

Simplly Huge I've made that mistake on more than one occasion, it absolutely sucks not being able to sleep.

Last edited:
I haven't tried ephedrine in a long time. I need to try it. Should I try MP?

I haven't tried ephedrine in a long time. I need to try it. Should I try MP?

Mp eca is gtg I promise you that

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I believe you. I need to try a low dose, I am anxiety prone.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member