over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

PORK

bornonthebayou

Registered
Newbies
i know pork has bad rep but its cheap.any on PM likes to eat pork or feel theres lean cuts of it you can buy to save money that are just as good as cuts of beef? i know big branch likes to eat boar in-off season.

I love to eat it, I wouldn't say its very lean though

I flippin' love pork!

6) PORK TENDERLOIN
Pork is often shunned by diet purists, and what a shame. Not only is it more flavourful than chicken, but some cuts are almost as low in fat while still boasting the requisite protein power. Pork tenderloin is the filet mignon of pork — it’s the most tender, as well as the leanest portion, of the meat.
BUY IT: Look for a tenderloin that feels firm, lacks a lot of visible fat and gristle, and has a tinge of pink to it. If it appears dry or even a little grey, don’t purchase it.
PREPARE IT: Trim all visible fat using a sharp knife. Marinate the pork in your favourite marinade for one hour to overnight in the refrigerator, or coat it with your favourite spice rub. Preheat oven to 300°F/ 150°C/Gas mark 2. Meanwhile, spray a frying pan with non-stick spray and place over high heat. Brown the meat, about one minute per side, until just browned, then transfer to a baking dish and place in oven until a meat thermometer reads 155°F/ 69°C and the meat is only slightly pink inside, approximately 15–25 minutes. Slice and serve hot.
NUTRIENTS: A 4-ounce serving has 136 calories, 24 g protein, 0 g carbohydrate, 4 g fat, 0 g fibre.

Taken from the thread 7 best bodybuilding foods.

Pork tenderloin is lean and really tasty. Not sure how it compares price wise but I enjoy it from time to time.

Pork fillet is cheap as hell and quite lean sometimes, also tastes good when done in the oven and you can get two big meals out of 1 fillet :)

I eat bacon all the time, it's actually very good for you. When I make meatballs or a meatloaf I mix equal parts ground pork with ground beef. I also enjoy fatback once in a while, use pork lard to cook with, put pork lard in my homemade tortillas. And who can forget ribs, everyone loves ribs. Put a nice dry rub on there and IMHO there's nothing wrong with that. BBQ too, I love BBQ. This is all in addition to pork chops and tenderloin. Pork is delicious, versatile and there's no reason not to use it.

I will add that I buy only pasture raised, certified compassionate heritage pork. Definitely NOT the garbage in the grocery store.

Pulled pork...Yum. If I could, Id eat pulled pork at every damn meal.

I'm eating more and more of it now since the price of beef and chicken is becoming more and more ridiculous.

i know pork has bad rep but its cheap.any on PM likes to eat pork or feel theres lean cuts of it you can buy to save money that are just as good as cuts of beef? i know big branch likes to eat boar in-off season.

Are you kidding!! They call it the other white meat. It does not have a bad rep!! Center Cut Pork is lean as hell. I love it. I may not eat to much because I really control my fats tight, but I love Baked Center Cut:D

PS. In fact, I just baked some today for my family:headbang:

Hormel makes a tenderloin in different marinades and it taste great. Cook in the oven, slice it up and you have an awesome meal.

pigs carry the most disease..

If you knew what they fed pigs you would never think about eating pork again

GUARANTEED...

unless you want to see what a tape worm will do to your bodybuilding physique i suggest u dont eat pork

GUARANTEED...

unless you want to see what a tape worm will do to your bodybuilding physique i suggest u dont eat pork

You must be talking about the swine flu epidemic we had sometime back..

You must be talking about the swine flu epidemic we had sometime back..

not at all if you care about bodybuilding and this sport you should do some research on what your eating (by that I mean what your pigs, cows, chickens are eating) also what type of diseases they carry and the environments there raised in .. If i just had scrap money I would drink protein shakes and eat rice all day in olive oil .. but I would never resort to pork

not at all if you care about bodybuilding and this sport you should do some research on what your eating (by that I mean what your pigs, cows, chickens are eating) also what type of diseases they carry and the environments there raised in .. If i just had scrap money I would drink protein shakes and eat rice all day in olive oil .. but I would never resort to pork

Care about bodybuilding, that's all I do, and how I pay my bills:D I understand what you mean though brother. Thats why most of my food is fresh and free range. I try not get caught up in all the innuendo talk about that stuff because the truth is, I dont work at them farms:D I totally understand what some places do to there cows, chickens, turkey, etc.. I have watched some pretty nasty youtube videos of that stuff, but I doubt that will stop me from eating Center Cut Pork, or Lean Red meat. But the truth is, I am sure the entire world is not like that or we would ALL be sick. 99% of the people that compete like I do incorporate all that food into their diet.(depending on if your a hard gainer) I myself like eating pork when I am between meets or in my off season. Its really helps break that monotony of living on Baked chick, tuna, fish, etc... I am still healthy as a HORSE:D I get normal checkups between and after cycles, and meets. So I am ok:headbang:. I understand where you are coming from though. Some good info on this thread:headbang:

Care about bodybuilding, that's all I do, and how I pay my bills:D I understand what you mean though brother. Thats why most of my food is fresh and free range. I try not get caught up in all the innuendo talk about that stuff because the truth is, I dont work at them farms:D I totally understand what some places do to there cows, chickens, turkey, etc.. I have watched some pretty nasty youtube videos of that stuff, but I doubt that will stop me from eating Center Cut Pork, or Lean Red meat. But the truth is, I am sure the entire world is not like that or we would ALL be sick. 99% of the people that compete like I do incorporate all that food into their diet.(depending on if your a hard gainer) I myself like eating pork when I am between meets or in my off season. Its really helps break that monotony of living on Baked chick, tuna, fish, etc... I am still healthy as a HORSE:D I get normal checkups between and after cycles, and meets. So I am ok:headbang:. I understand where you are coming from though. Some good info on this thread:headbang:

breaking monotomy or eating out of pleasure is different then adding it to your nutritional plan and sayin it is a healthy source of protein I know 2 people that got a tape worm from eating pork let me tell you they had to go through alot of bullshit

There's nothing wrong with pork if it comes from the right place.

GUARANTEED...

That's why I cook all meat/fish

breaking monotomy or eating out of pleasure is different then adding it to your nutritional plan and sayin it is a healthy source of protein I know 2 people that got a tape worm from eating pork let me tell you they had to go through alot of bullshit

Dr. Mercola probably doesn't pull a lot of weight around here but he has some interesting insight regarding eating pork.

some links

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

and a Mercola pork rebuttal

**broken link removed**

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly