Big A

IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IFBB PROS
JUDGES
Registered
Newbies
Competition dieting is rather an individual matter as far as success goes. Generally, if one is in a calorie deficit, while maintaing a very high protein content and taking anabolics, that person will lose minimal muscle if any at all while losing a great deal of bodyfat.
Add to that combo fat burning aids, and one can achieve stage shape very quickly.

Below is a standard formula that I used succesfully on many people. It is designed to make one in competition shape in extreme time. The biggest change so far has been one person that went from 21% to 4% bodyfat in the 9 weeks of the preparation.

DIET - Weeks 9 & 8

06.00 am training

08.00 12 egg whites, 1 apple, protein shake

10.00 100g rice, 1 apple, protein shake

12.00 red meat, salad (tomato, lettuce, cucumber), protein shake with 10g flax seed oil

14.00 100g bread, 1 apple, protein shake

16.00 tuna or chicken or fish, protein shake

18.00 100g maltodextrin, 1 apple

18.30 pm training

20.30 chicken or turkey or fish, salad, protein shake

21.30 run (20 - 30) minutes

This diet is to be followed Monday to Saturday. On Sunday, as many carbs as desired are allowed.
Training is performed Mon to Sat with Sun off. Running is performed every night.

This diet is the diet for the weeks 9 and 8, competition being at end of week 1. The times on the diet are
as an example and they should be modified to suit ones needs.
However, DO NOT miss meals and DO NOT swap them
around!!!
The aim here is to only have the amount of carbs
outlined on the diet. Fat is absolutelly minimal.
Protein is at maximum. On this diet, you should never
feel hungry. If you do, eat more protein.

After 2 weeks of this diet, you will drop the
maltodextrin carb meal. Two weeks later, you will drop
the bread carb meal. Two weeks after that, you will
drop the rice meal. That will leave you 2 weeks on
virtually no carbs. Don't worry, by then, the body is
used to using fat for energy, so you won't have any
problems. The hardest days will be the first week of
your diet, until you will get used to using fat for
energy.

When you drop a carb meal, replace it with a protein
meal.

On the weekends, you can have as many carbs as you
wish, but they have to be CLEAN carbs, so no
McDonalds!

The last week, will be a full on carb week while you adjust your water levels. I will detail that in another article.

TRAINING

MONDAY

AM TRAINING Biceps, Triceps

* Bicep curl B.B. - 2 x superset 10/15
* Preacher curl (mach.) - 2 x superset 10/15

* Rope pushdowns - 2 x superset 10/15
* Dips b/w benches - 2 x superset 10/15

PM TRAINING Chest

* Incline press - 10, 8, 6, 12 (2min rest)
* Flat flyes - 8, 6, 6 (1min rest)
* Cable crossovers - 10, 10, 10, 10, 10 (40sec rest)

TUESDAY

AM TRAINING Back

* Lat pulldowns - 2 x superset 8/12
* Bent-over rows - 2 x superset 8/12
* Shrugs - 2 x superset 8/12

PM TRAINING Shoulders

* Millitary press - 10, 8, 6, 12 (2min rest)
* D.B. Press - 8, 6, 6 (1min rest)
* Rear delt machine - 10, 10, 10, 10, 10 (40sec rest)

WEDNESDAY

AM TRAINING Hams, Calves

* Lying leg curl - 2 supersets - 10/15
* Stiff legged deadlift - 2 supersets - 10/15

* Standing calf raise - 2 supersets - 8/10

PM TRAINING Quads

* Squats - 10, 8, 6, 12 (2min rest)
* Leg press - 8, 6, 6 (1min rest)
* Leg extension - 10, 10, 10, 10, 10 (40sec rest)

THURSDAY

AM TRAINING Chest

* Incline press - 2 supersets - 8/10
* Flat flyes - 2 supersets - 8/10

PM TRAINING Biceps, Triceps

* D.B. curl - 10, 8, 6, 12 (2min rest)
* Concentration curl - 8, 6, 6 (1min rest)
* Preacher curl (mach.) - 10, 10, 10, 10, 10 (40sec rest)

* Rope pushdown - 10, 8, 6, 12 (2min rest)
* Lying extension - 8 ,6 ,6 (1min rest)
* Dips b/w benches - 10, 10, 10, 10, 10 (40sec rest)

FRIDAY

AM TRAINING Shoulders

* Front raises - 2 supersets - 8/10
* Lateral raises - 2 supersets - 8/10
* Rear raises - 2 supersets - 8/10

PM TRAINING Back
* Lat pull downs - 10, 8, 6, 10 (2 min rest)
* Bent-over rows - 8, 6, 6 (1 min rest)
* Shrugs - 10, 10, 10, 10, 10 (40sec rest)

SATURDAY

AM TRAINING Quads

* Squats - 2 x superset 10/12
* Leg press - 2 x superset 10/15
* Leg extension - 2 x superset 10/15

PM TRAINING Hamstrings, Calves

* Lying leg curl - 10, 8, 6, 12 (2min rest)
* Stiff leg deadlift - 8, 6, 6 (1min rest)
* Seated leg curl - 10, 10, 10, 10, 10 (40sec rest)

*Standing calf raises - 10, 8, 6, 12 (2min rest)
*Leg press calf raises - 8, 6, 6 (1min rest)

Abs are performed every workout. All days begin at 06.00 am.

This is the training set-up:

Bis, Tris Back Hams, Calves Chest Shoulders Quads Rest
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
Chest Shoulders Quads Bis, Tris Back Hams, Calves Rest

This is a very intense program. It's designed to give
maximum fat loss in minimal time with no muscle loss.
It is VERY time consuming, but it's guaranteed to work
and it's only for 9 weeks.

GEAR

Use normal bulking gear until 4 weeks out (test, a-50, d-bol, deca, etc).
4 weeks out switch the test to test propionate or suspension. Drop the Deca/EQ, etc. Add primobolan, tren, winny, etc.
One week out, only use tren, masteron, suspension, primo tabs, winny.

Use GH throughout - as much as you can afford. No
insulin.

Use Arimidex or Nolvadex every day as desired. To keep
your testes at a normal size, either use HCG every 4th
week (2,000IU on Mon, Wed, Fri) or 50mg EOD of Clomid
throughout the whole thing. Don't use these for the last 4 weeks before the show though.

Cutting compounds: Use a good ECA product like SyntheBURN twice a day, every day. Use Clenbuterol at 80mcg/day for the first week.
Increase it to 160mcg/d for the second week. The third week you
add 25mcg/d T3. You add another 25mcg/d every week
following that, until you reach 150mcg/d. You stay on
that until the end of the diet. You stay on
Clenbuterol thoughout as well. Yes, you will be
racing! :) But you will not loose any muscle, so do
not worry about that (as long as you take your protein
in).

Last week do your diuretics program. That will be outlined in another article. One hour before stage time use Synthelator. It's use is outlined on the board. Use the Search engine.

This program will get you in competition shape pronto while keeping all your size on. If you appear to be losing muscle, eat more protein!

very good article, hell sums up my last year of research into how this sport works.
"
Use Arimidex or Nolvadex every day as desired. To keep
your testes at a normal size, either use HCG every 4th
week (2,000IU on Mon, Wed, Fri) or 50mg EOD of Clomid
throughout the whole thing. Don't use these for the last 4 weeks before the show though."

I thought clomid was to only be used post cycle to bring back natural test levels. Is it possible to run it through out a cycle to prevent atrophy?
thanks CJ

crackerjack414 said:
I thought clomid was to only be used post cycle to bring back natural test levels. Is it possible to run it through out a cycle to prevent atrophy?
thanks CJ

Yes. You can certainly use Clomid throughout. It's mainly mention for post cycle use as it's the prefered compound - HCG will actually pro long your HPTA recovery instead of speeding it up like Clomid does.

help me out bro im a bit confused!!

ok...i did know what i had planned for my bulk season and precontest prep but after reading your precontest article i need u to let me know how this looks.

bulking with--test prop(1gm a week), EQ(800mg a week),GH(10iu's e day), slin(15iu's 2 days a week), tren(700mg e day) or dbol(50mg a day)

precontest--test prop(1gm a week), tren(700mg a week), GH(10iu's e day), winny(700mg a week), EQ??

i thought that tren along with the rest of the bulking cycle would net me great gains(20lbs) in quality size more so than if i replaced the tren with dbol. what do u think?

also when it comes to the precontest stack u suggest dropping EQ when i thought Eq and winny were great for precontest? u suggest using primobolan....would i see better results in seperation and hardness adding that and taking out the EQ?

thanks for any help.

Re: help me out bro im a bit confused!!

"bulking with--test prop(1gm a week), EQ(800mg a week),GH(10iu's e day), slin(15iu's 2 days a week), tren(700mg e day) or dbol(50mg a day)"
That's exactly what I do. Keep everything the same but do the d-bol for 4 weeks then switch to tren for 4 weeks and so on. Make sure you have your regular blood tests and if they are OK (they should be), just keep going.

"precontest--test prop(1gm a week), tren(700mg a week), GH(10iu's e day), winny(700mg a week), EQ??"
I'd stop EQ 4 weeks out and replace with masteron, or primo. Definetelly add Halo at least the last week.

"also when it comes to the precontest stack u suggest dropping EQ when i thought Eq and winny were great for precontest? u suggest using primobolan....would i see better results in seperation and hardness adding that and taking out the EQ?"
A lot of people, myself included, hold water on EQ. No water on Primo Acetate (I don't like Depot). If you want hardness nothing compares to masteron or especially Halo! You should be on them before the comp, or at least Halo for at least the last week.

thanks Big A....im an ass but this clears up everything...hahahahaha....

Holy shit, everytime I read something here I am more impressed. You guys make this sport alot easier for us just starting out. Thanks for this awsome article and as I make gains, I will be sure to post some "along the way pictures" on the board.

for the cardio would it be wise to say start at 25 mins every session and then add 5 mins every week? maybe alternating a few hit cardio sessions?

I have never seen any need to add time to the cardio sessions. They are enough as they are.
hit cardio works well too.

Big A a few questions...

Sorry Big A, im new here...and I know this is probably an old subject, but I have a few questions...

1. Why the apples in the diet and the bread? Am asking because most people use complex carbs for dieting...and the bread is processed food...

2. Being that im 273-275 pounds how much protein on this type of diet would I need to keep my muscle mass...Im about 12-13 %percent bodyfat...

3. When you say protein shake, I assume you mean a 50-60 gram serving?

4. On the weekend how many carbs are you talking about 600-800 grams?

5. Also, im curious to your last week prep? Do you cut out your gear? GH? ect? What about Anti-E's the last week, do you up it?

Sorry for all the questions...I found the article very interesting and wanted to know more about it...

Thanks for your time,

chris

Re: Big A a few questions...

"1. Why the apples in the diet and the bread? Am asking because most people use complex carbs for dieting...and the bread is processed food..."

Apples are only to brake the monotomy of the diet. They have a low GI. They are definetelly not needed, but you are such a furnace on this program that you will burn everything. Same for the bread. You burn so much so quickly, you can get away with haveing 100g of nice freshly baked bread. Of course, you can use brown rice, potatoes, etc in place. But I like to stay sane as well and everyone that used this program, whether they ate what's outlined or they replaced certain items, the results were the same.

"2. Being that im 273-275 pounds how much protein on this type of diet would I need to keep my muscle mass...Im about 12-13 %percent bodyfat..."

I never count. I always say to eat as much protein as you can. If you are hungry, eat more protein. If you are losing muscle, eat more protein. Everyone's different.

"3. When you say protein shake, I assume you mean a 50-60 gram serving?"

Correct.

"4. On the weekend how many carbs are you talking about 600-800 grams?"

About that, per day. Again, it's an individual thing.

"5. Also, im curious to your last week prep? Do you cut out your gear? GH? ect? What about Anti-E's the last week, do you up it?"

GH gets stopped 2 weeks out. Only gear the last week is test sups, primo orals, masteron/tren, halo. Also, a shit load of anti estrogens, as well as Cytadren. The susp gets stopped the day before. All other gear all the way to the show. Synthelator 1 hour before stage.

Big A...

If you can outline a last week pre-contest prep...you can be somewhat general if you want...(I understand you cant give out all your secects)

Im asking about carbing up and getting rid of water...

Also, how do you use your Anti-E's the last week?

Cytadren- could you explain how to use this in more detail?

Sorry if im being a pest...The last week before a show is the worst for me. In my last show I was 224 pounds, at 2 weeks out (pics in the members section) and ended up at a very flat 218 on stage...Not good...

Thanks for your time,

chris250

chris250 said:
Big A...

If you can outline a last week pre-contest prep...you can be somewhat general if you want...(I understand you cant give out all your secects)

Im asking about carbing up and getting rid of water...

Also, how do you use your Anti-E's the last week?

Cytadren- could you explain how to use this in more detail?

Sorry if im being a pest...The last week before a show is the worst for me. In my last show I was 224 pounds, at 2 weeks out (pics in the members section) and ended up at a very flat 218 on stage...Not good...

Thanks for your time,

chris250

There's no secrets.

That's the one thing that I stay away from advising - carb depletion/loading and the water. Everyone is different and you would have to see the person on a daily basis to help them. Advice over the net like this will most likely end up in disaster.
Also, wyldeone is the master for this.

Anti-e's - I just basically load them up - 2mg/day arimidex and 40mg/day nolvadex.

Cytadren - never really noticed much difference, but I take it just in case... 2 tabs/day each day for the last week.

Thanks Big A...

I totally understand...

Thanks for the help,

chris

big A

hey Big A i usually workout in the mid afternoon say 3pm, only once a day would this diet still be efffective? also, when you say meat , fish, chicken ect.. how much are you actually talking about? cause your adding a shake too!

thanks DOK

Re: big A

doktorspok said:
hey Big A i usually workout in the mid afternoon say 3pm, only once a day would this diet still be efffective? also, when you say meat , fish, chicken ect.. how much are you actually talking about? cause your adding a shake too!

thanks DOK

The diet is effective. The training variables dictate how long it will get you to get into shape. The way it's outlined above is the way to do it for maximum results in the quickest time.
I always just say to eat as much protein as you feel like it. If you are still hungry, eat more protein.

Very informative article Big A! Damn rookies keep coming out of the woodwork with questions....

1. I am around 220lbs, down from a high of 250 lbs (looked like a big, round ball). I don't want to enter a show, just look good on the beach. If I follow that diet for 9 weeks, should I be able to maintain abs, veins, etc for another 8-10 weeks (till the end of summer) by keeping up the cardio, and eating very clean and sensible?

2. What would be a maltodextrin meal? Is the 100g of rice the amount of cooked rice or "dry" rice?

3. I have a shit-load of 20mcg T3. If I didn't add the clen, how much of a difference would it make?

4.. What is the advantage of adding nolvadex (I have never had a prob with gyno) while dieting?

This year I am turning 32. I want to be in the best shape of my life (hopefully)!!! This is also the first summer in 15 years I won't be working 60-90 hrs/week (farm), so I intend to enjoy the "beach scenery", and nice weather. I have a good idea of what to eat and what to do cardio-wise, but that article gives me a plan to follow. Thank you very much for taking the time to write it Big A. Also, thanks to everyone else who read it and thought of other questions and comments to add.

You can easily stay lean after the diet by earting clean for as long as you want.

Maltodextrin is a carbohydrate. It's the hardest cabohydrate to get converted into fat, despite having a large glycemic index. Because of those two reasons it's the best choice for insulin use as well. You find it in powder form.
The rice is dry weight.

The above program is for maximum fat loss in minimum time. You will still lose a lot without clen, just that without the clen it won't be as much as with it.

Nolvadex doesn't let the estrogen attach as much to various receptor sites so it will help against female pattern fat distribution.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131