over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How to pass a criminal background check for employment

rheina

Newbies
So are there anyways to skirt around a background check? I have a couple of low-level felonies that are preventing me from obtaining meaningful employment and putting my bachelors degree to good use. From my understanding a background check only goes off information such as your full name, DOB, and Social Security number.

Changing your name is real easy, changing your birth date is next to impossible, and getting a new social security number is difficult, but not out of the ordinary. If I were to get a new SSN due to someone stealing my identity, and change my name, would anything come up if a company ran my background check with the new information?

I have to wait four years to expunge those felonies off my record unfortunately. Any thoughts fellas?

Not a good idea I think :eek:

The felony you are describing committing is called Identity Fraud.

there is still a TON of good paying jobs that don't run a backgrounds...

but at any rate....I would just be up front in the interview..
and be adamant about NON violent offences...

Being honest with your employer goes a long way. I have a lot of friends with criminal backgrounds that have gotten good jobs from living a good life now and being honest. People see that when you speak from the heart. Try to get around things it always comes back to bite you.

I got a few buddies with lots of felonies.. including violent ones, and drug + weapons-related

they work in construction

Most companies I have worked with will run some sort of background check. It's true that some only go back the last 7 years, but that being said...if you were busted for theft 15 years ago, it never goes away. If someone tells you different they are full of shit.

Just be honest and upfront.

I got a few buddies with lots of felonies.. including violent ones, and drug + weapons-related

they work in construction

Lol Union guy checking in. Lots of guys I work with have records. Worst I know of was a guy that murderd his wife with an axe. Only thing not tolerated is pedos. Someone found out a guy was a pedo and word spread quick. That was his last Union job.

The state in which I reside has or is in process banning background checks. I realize that doesn't help you in the short term but I think it's on the horizon.

Look into sealing / expunging those records. The state will usually provide free material and instructions on how to do this. The qualifiers will also be listed.
(Edit - Sorry, just reread your post and saw you were 4 years outside of being eligible)

This will certainly help.

It depends what level of background check they do. Most only go back X amount of years, some (like government or financial jobs) will be FBI checks that require fingerprinting and the works. This is what I had to go through, and I passed with a misdemeanor for battery. I had to explain it, but I still got the job.

But let me tell you, even working in the financial field, more information is linked to you than you'd ever think. That new SSN? It'll pull you and your past. New name? Fa'getta'bout it. It's all easily accessible and linked to you. Even something as simple as Lexis Nexis / Accurint will provide those details pretty easily.

There's really no way around it aside from assuming an entirely fraudulent identity (not just changing one or two pieces).

I think one of our countries greatest injustices is how easily we convict and forget. It will literally ruin or highly inhibit a life.

Last edited:
I'm head of an HR Dept for a company with 2000 plus emoloyees. I would advise divulging your convictions on the application (if asked). We do not automatically exlude candidates with a conviction we take into account if the conviction is related to the job being applied for and length of time since the conviction. However, if someone does not list the conviction on their app and the background check catches it they are automatically disqualified (absent a plausible explanation for the discrepancy). Our service has no time limit. We've had CBCs pick up convictions from 20+ years ago.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131