over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

labs

tornquad201

Registered
I had my labs done as I was feeling I had low T symptoms .
Total 792
free 132.5
lh 6.2
fsh 4.9
shbg 53.0
vit D 32.5
TOTAL CHOLESTEROL 140
ill be 52 in January I do feel low libido symptoms

can you give us lab ranges, otherwise its impossible to read these, not all labs have same ranges

and just in general you can easily feel low test symptoms on 800 total test, without a doubt. this is called Testosterone Resistance

men can have normal levels of testosterone but still have life-, love-, and health-wrecking symptoms of testosterone deficiency which need treatment.

now ofcourse quality of life is a wide spectrum thing so not just testosterone, how about cardio, sleep, stress, obesity, food quality, sun, mineral levels, pregnenolone, DHEA, high estrogen, high SHBG, iron, ferritin, RBC/HCT/HB, inflammation in the body and crp levels, vit d, thyroid and iodine levels etc etc

thats why much more comprehensive labs are needed then what you have done

Last edited:
Assuming standard American reference ranges your SHBG looks high and vitamin D is really low. Low D will cause a host of issues including not responding to testosterone.

yes vit d is not a vitamin, contrary to what 99.78% of people on this planet think. its a hormone

tens of millions of people are deficient and paying the price for it. i recommend 6000-9000iu D3 per day to supplement. brings the vit d into super healthy HIGh range

LH 6.2 REF 1.7-8.6
FSH 4.9 REF 1.5-12.4
VITAMIN D 32.5 REF 30.0-100.0
TOTAL TEST 792 REF 264-916
FREE 132.4 REF 35.8-168.2
SHBG 53.0 REF 19.3-76.4

NOTE I DO EAT A KETOSIS TYPE DIET YEAR ROUND ADDING CARBS IS SOMETHING IVE CONCIDERED FOR LIBIDO REASONS

LH 6.2 REF 1.7-8.6
FSH 4.9 REF 1.5-12.4
VITAMIN D 32.5 REF 30.0-100.0
TOTAL TEST 792 REF 264-916
FREE 132.4 REF 35.8-168.2
SHBG 53.0 REF 19.3-76.4

vit d is low and shbg kinda high, problem is most normal docs are not going to give you trt with these numbers. numbers are average, average numbers come from average population and average population is fat, sedentary, no sexdrive and half zombified so your symptoms are indeed really 'normal'

trying to say that when a doc says ur normal i would get worried. i never want to be called normal as normal is very very bad indeed. 'sir you have a totally normal average health'. red flag!

you gotta find a proper doc, do much more extensive labwork and in the end take matter into your own hands if the docs dont cooperate. dont forget 99% of all docs are overworked, under slept, fat fucks so how on earth are they ever going to help us. they arent.

HOW CAN YOU LOWER SBHG ? WHAT IS A GOOD NUMBER TO BE AT ? When I was 42 I was at 980 total so am curious to what I was when I was 18 . Also would raising carbs lower sbhg

HOW CAN YOU LOWER SBHG ? WHAT IS A GOOD NUMBER TO BE AT ? When I was 42 I was at 980 total so am curious to what I was when I was 18 . Also would raising carbs lower sbhg

proviron would be your best bet, it is what its made to do. for exactly your age and need. lowers shbg and increases free testosterone which is what is actually doing all the work and giving us all the benefits. food doesnt have that much impact to fully or in large change this. it does have small effect but not where you would feel amazing, also dont forget its always better to keep insulin low and not stimulate it often, thus low carb food is preferential for health

I assume raising total to above 1200 wouldn't help or would cause to many sides .

I had my labs done as I was feeling I had low T symptoms .
Total 792
free 132.5
lh 6.2
fsh 4.9
shbg 53.0
vit D 32.5
TOTAL CHOLESTEROL 140
ill be 52 in January I do feel low libido symptoms

Keto diet that will do that. It's a shit diet for well-being and energy.

Initially you feel good from an uptick in andrenaline and stress hormones, but eventually you burn out.

Low carb diets mimick starvation/low calories. It downregulates T3 production and leptin levels and leads to lowered serotonin/tryptophan in the brain, increasing feelings of malaise and irritability.

I would check Free T4 and Free T3, but increasing carbs and dropping the KETO bs will do you a lot of good and is most likely your issue.

Your testosterone levels are excellent and exceptional for your age.

Try upping the carbs to 200 g per day at least. You should start feeling better the same day and will continue to improve up to a week.

It takes about 1-2 weeks to reverse the full effects of starvation/low carb so that T3 and leptin levels are restored. You should feel much better within 1-2 days of higher carb intake.

I've tried every single diet. Moderate/higher carb is ideal for well-being, performance, and quality of life. I love carbohydrates too. I am always full, strong and have energy.

The latest fad is to shun carbs for an erroneous belief that there is a health benefit and significant fat burning effect. All the people, including myself, that stay single digit bodyfat year round, are on higher carb diets.

Carbs stimulate an increase in leptin. Leptin is the satiety hormone and master regulator of metabolism signal. The reason people have a hard time staying lean year round is because when you lose body fat, leptin decreases. This lowers energy levels, thyroid hormone, libido and metabolism. It increases hunger and cravings.

By keeping carbs moderate/high you can keep leptin levels relatively high even at low body fat levels or during deficits for fat loss. This makes you feel better physically and mentally and makes fat loss and maintenance much easier.

As noted I would get a full thyroid panel as well as checking your E2. I am assuming that you have had a full blood panel as well. Your total cholesterol is a little low in my opinion as I have seen many small studies showing low levels aren't really healthy, and the chance of stroke goes up once levels are below 150.

low carb isnt starvation, pretty much the opposite. but if ur doing full on keto for sure smart to reset leptin.ghrelin and thyroid with 1 high carb day per week. nothing to do with calories or giving body much needed carbs since carbs arent essential but to reset these hormones.

low thyroid can definitelly be your cause of feeling crap

i personally love zero carb diet, even carnivore. keeps me feeling full, strong, libido skyhigh, mentally focussed and bloodwork impeccable. the moment i eat carbs is the moment my bloodwork gets worse: tryglicerides, crp etc

i use carbs to reset hormones once in a while. nothing essential or needed about carbs, carbs arent essential. i focus on protein and good fats. brains and cells love it. yes bit flatter muscles then with carbs but if thats my price for good health then yeah

Last edited:
NOTE I DO EAT A KETOSIS TYPE DIET YEAR ROUND ADDING CARBS IS SOMETHING IVE CONCIDERED FOR LIBIDO REASONS

This will cause high SHBG and low libido. Insulin secretion lowers SHBG and being pure keto is a type of starvation to the body. It lowers your desire to reproduce during a "food shortage." Humans are omnivorous and most do best with 25-50% of Cals from carbs. I prefer 25-33% myself as I like higher fat diets but I still eat a lot of fruit and veggies. I'd eat some fruit.

This will cause high SHBG and low libido. Insulin secretion lowers SHBG and being pure keto is a type of starvation to the body. It lowers your desire to reproduce during a "food shortage." Humans are omnivorous and most do best with 25-50% of Cals from carbs. I prefer 25-33% myself as I like higher fat diets but I still eat a lot of fruit and veggies. I'd eat some fruit.

i fully disagree with the bold, 100% disagree. but luckily we have many ways to eat so just find something that works for you and you are g2g. i know for me that carbs are a disaster, fats are king and thus i eat as such. bloodwork and feeling and my quality of life tells me whats good for me.

people with best quality of life are in south of europe so i eat their diet: Mediterranean diet. amazing stuff!

Keto diet that will do that. It's a shit diet for well-being and energy.

Initially you feel good from an uptick in andrenaline and stress hormones, but eventually you burn out.

Low carb diets mimick starvation/low calories. It downregulates T3 production and leptin levels and leads to lowered serotonin/tryptophan in the brain, increasing feelings of malaise and irritability.

I would check Free T4 and Free T3, but increasing carbs and dropping the KETO bs will do you a lot of good and is most likely your issue.

Your testosterone levels are excellent and exceptional for your age.

good post! you are 50 with those levels you are not going to get scripted from any doc, get the low test level stuff out of your mind it aint that, after you do that read black beards post again

the OP can have 792 total test and still have all the symptoms of low testosterone, easily.

OP just messaged me that increasing carbs worked as i suggested.

To anyone reading this, low/no carb diet is sub-optimal for most people. Low carb diets mimick starvation and downregulate T3 production and leptin.

They will also lead to lower levels of serotonin and higher levels of adrenaline/cortisol.

Low carb = Low thyroid. Period. That's physiology. It's in the medical textbooks and scientific literature. Low carb diet is garbage for performance and quality of life.

Just because it works for one person does not mean it works for most people. Low carbs also leads to flat muscles which makes you look worse.

Brain cells prefer glucose. Glucose is high octane fuel and ketones/fat is like solar power. If you want your body running at 110%, you need carbs/glucose to fuel the brain and muscle to maximum capacity. Again this is basic physiology 101.

Keto/low carb is another fad like subq injections.

Last edited:

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner