over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bread While Dieting

Drbnmi

Registered
Why do I hear not to consume bread as your carb source while dieting for a contest? If it is a whole grain bread, whats wrong with that? Also, what about Ezikiel Bread. Is that okay?

Ezekiel bread is great. It is very low GI (36 or so I believe) and will not spike insulin as much. Other bread sources are processed that even if it is whole grain it is digested quickly and will cause a greater rise in insulin which is what we do not want (unless PWO) while dieting. Hope this helps.

Ezekiel bread is great. It is very low GI (36 or so I believe) and will not spike insulin as much. Other bread sources are processed that even if it is whole grain it is digested quickly and will cause a greater rise in insulin which is what we do not want (unless PWO) while dieting. Hope this helps.

I second that. I ate Ezekiel bread all the way through my last prep.

I second that. I ate Ezekiel bread all the way through my last prep.

I am working with Shelby too currently and I am in the middle of a little offseason prior to my show. So I went from one high day every 6 days to several high days (my lifting days)....I couldn't put down another spoonful of oatmeal! I HAD to find some alternative carbs! I went to the local store and nabbed some ezekiel bread and some ezekiel cereal and now i am okay! I use the "hood calorie countdown" milk for the cereal and its like 8 grams of protein and 3 carbs per serving. I also soak the ezekiel bread in egg beaters and make french toast...mmmm

I am working with Shelby too currently and I am in the middle of a little offseason prior to my show. So I went from one high day every 6 days to several high days (my lifting days)....I couldn't put down another spoonful of oatmeal! I HAD to find some alternative carbs! I went to the local store and nabbed some ezekiel bread and some ezekiel cereal and now i am okay! I use the "hood calorie countdown" milk for the cereal and its like 8 grams of protein and 3 carbs per serving. I also soak the ezekiel bread in egg beaters and make french toast...mmmm

I've never had Ezekiel bread. Is it worth a damn as far as taste goes?

ezekiel bread has been in my household for years...wife loves it and its awesome stuff.

Where do you get the calorie countdown milk? That looks awesome!

Okay, thanks. I didn't realize the whole grain bread spiked insulin. I'll stick with the Ezikiel bread.

I've never had Ezekiel bread. Is it worth a damn as far as taste goes?

I mean yea, its good...certainly not like eating iron kids bread when you were a kid but it's certainly better than not having bread at all. I MISSED MY SANDWHICHES!!!

ezekiel bread has been in my household for years...wife loves it and its awesome stuff.

Where do you get the calorie countdown milk? That looks awesome!

I am on the east coast and use to find it in most grocery stores when it first came out. Apparently it didn't pick up much and now I can only find it in whole food / organic type stores (Whole Foods, Ukrops, Fresh Market, etc. around here). You can also visit www.hphood.com for more information on their products. I believe you can order from them online as well. The shits good too!

Okay, thanks. I didn't realize the whole grain bread spiked insulin. I'll stick with the Ezikiel bread.

Anything that is processed normally allows faster digestion. Faster digestion normally equals a greater insulin spike depending on other various factors like added fats etc. Atleast that is my understanding. Kind of like why amino acids and whey spikes insulin (not as high as sugars tho obviously).

weird question, but ive nver seen ezekiel bread for sale, where do you guys get it?

Whole food and organic type grocery stores...it will be in a freezer section as it has to be stored that way to avoid mold. Keep it refrigerated after you purchase for the same reason. If you won't eat it often then put it in the freezer and just thaw/toast prior to eating.

I tried the ezekiel bread french toast. Good stuff!!!

cry....

I am in midst of a craving...

ahhhh....
glorious toast is calling my name

Hey VT, they make a cereal as well? Is it just as healthy for you as their bread or more of a healthy type of "cheat meal" sounds too good to be true to have cereal as a healthy carb source :)

VERY hard to find unless shipped in but wondering what the cost of this bread is like? I'm not a big bread fan and have no problems with not eating it.

Here in AZ its $3.99 a loaf

Hey VT, they make a cereal as well? Is it just as healthy for you as their bread or more of a healthy type of "cheat meal" sounds too good to be true to have cereal as a healthy carb source :)

So you dont consider oatmeal a warm breakfast cereal? What about oat bran, thats extremely low on the GI scale and very healthy...come on Ali use that head :)

It's still made from the same ingredients as the ezekiel bread and no more processed meaning it still holds a low GI.

So you dont consider oatmeal a warm breakfast cereal? What about oat bran, thats extremely low on the GI scale and very healthy...come on Ali use that head :)

It's still made from the same ingredients as the ezekiel bread and no more processed meaning it still holds a low GI.

LOL..You know how much oatmeal i eat on a daily basis and i wlll NEVER think of it as cereal lol...in my eyes cereal will always bee apple jackes, lucky charms and fruity pepples and i'd like to keep it that way :)

I will definitly see if i can track down this cerieal and give it a try. Thanks

Why do I hear not to consume bread as your carb source while dieting for a contest? If it is a whole grain bread, whats wrong with that? Also, what about Ezikiel Bread. Is that okay?

Bread is the worst thing for me while dieting. I'm better off eating a Hershy bar

LOL..You know how much oatmeal i eat on a daily basis and i wlll NEVER think of it as cereal lol...in my eyes cereal will always bee apple jackes, lucky charms and fruity pepples and i'd like to keep it that way :)

I will definitly see if i can track down this cerieal and give it a try. Thanks

Haha I agree! And let me tell you, this doesn't taste like any of those cereals either! It's still good with some splenda tho. I also just take a scoop of chocolate whey and mix it with water/splenda and use that as "milk." Gives it a better flavor with the whey ha. Also if I eat it, it is still just the first meal on a high carb day. You shouldn't have ANY problem implementing it while DC training either.

Last edited:
Ezekiel & Calorie Countdown

ezekiel bread -can buy at Kroger in frozen section

Calorie countdown milk by hood- found at Walmart and Kroger. only 1/2 gallons sold. Choc is very good.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws