over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

different ways to cook fish

cockdiesel

Registered
other then frying fish what are some other ways to cook it and do u marinade fish or season it prior to cooking like steak?

Depends on the fish...i love to pan sear my fish but some REALLY STINK this way, like salmon. For salmon i will either bake it or use my Rocket Grill and there is very little odor.

Just experiment with different seasonings and methods...thats half the fun with cooking...eating is the other ;)

I usually pour some olive oil in a pan and sear em. Very tasty with some spices all over with a little bit of splenda.:D

Hey OP,

If you manage to get some high quality tuna steaks or the like, you can put foil down on a grill and cook them that way. Just be sure to grease the foil well. Hope this suits you.

I love Cod Fish and cooking is easy.. I either bake at a high temp or cook in a large pan on the stove.. I marinate the fish in a little olive oil, white wine, garlic, and scallions. Let sit in ziplock bag for 30 minutes in fridge.. Then place everything in baking dish or pan.. Then i sprinkle lemon pepper seasoning and couple cracks of salt and pepper over fish and cook..

For salmon I like to bake it on a low heat(250-300) for about 30 minutes. Make a tinfoil "boat" to put the salmon in so you can submerge it in milk. Leave just the top of the salmon above the liquid and sprinkle some adobo on it. When done cooking take it out of the boat and throw away the milk and foil, serve over brown rice or whatever veggies you like.

damn...

ALL of these sound good...
I go next door to the Guatemalteca and get some banana leaves.
You get your fish ready and place it in the center of the leaf like it was wrapping paper. Add some pineapple or mango salsa wrap it up and then grill it over med heat. You can also go w an asian flair and use some coconut milk ginger and lemongrass too. The wrapper lets it stay moist and the flavors cook right in.
I like any firm white fish for this.

Heres my fav

Almond crusted talipia.

Ground up almonds
Mix almond grounds with 1tbsp of parmasean cheese(i like the veggie cheese, fake cheese no fat)
put that mix on a plate

On another plate spread out some light flour

In a large bowl, mix up a few egg whites, 1tsp lemon pepper, 1tsp garlic powder.

Heat up skillet with some pam or olive oil, depending on your cal intake, oil works better.

Flip the tilapia in the flower to help the egg mix stick, dip the fillet into the egg mix, flip the fillet into the almond mix to give it a thin coat.

Cook it for about 4-6 minutes on each side.

If you use just enough ingredients to give it a very light almond crust, you can get about 8oz of fish crusted for about 350-400 cal. Fat is a bit high due to almonds and egg but good omegas.

You get your fish ready and place it in the center of the leaf like it was wrapping paper. Add some pineapple or mango salsa wrap it up and then grill it over med heat. You can also go w an asian flair and use some coconut milk ginger and lemongrass too. The wrapper lets it stay moist and the flavors cook right in.

That one of my favorites when I am in Mexico! Damn, its good!!! I make a variant with mango-peach salsa I found at Kroger... hmmmm

cockdiesel, also try grilling wild caught salmon with fresh grated ginger and a sprinkling of bread crumbs on top

Damn, that sounds AMAZING. *drool*

grilled fruits

Damn, that sounds AMAZING. *drool*

Across the street to the Mexican fruit stand...low heat grilled peaches.
Halve them and spray them some butter flavored pam. Works for Pineapple slices too. Just enough heat for a grill mark.

I thought most people bbq fish.

I have always cooked fish that way to keep the smell outside and its quick and no mess.

I just add lemon juice to a big piece of foil, then slap the fish, usually Orange roughy... add ms dash and its damn good.. i just wish fish filled me up more.

it does burn quick...

you have to watch it on the grill
just like in my belly...
it does burn quick

my favorite

orange roughy
Take a sheet of foil fold in half to double thickness. heat some coconut oil and brush on foil. Place roughy on foil and brush roughy with coconut oil. Season with dill and salt (my favorite)
put foil/roughy on gril about 400 F for 15 minutes. Awesome!

mmmmmmmmmmmm...

orange roughy
Take a sheet of foil fold in half to double thickness. heat some coconut oil and brush on foil. Place roughy on foil and brush roughy with coconut oil. Season with dill and salt (my favorite)
put foil/roughy on gril about 400 F for 15 minutes. Awesome!

NOW THAT sounds good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOW THAT sounds good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is good.. and addicting. I like to get the bottom part nice and crispy..
never tried the coconut but lemon juice and ms dash is nice..

i like to grill or bake fish, put a few spices on it, and some lemon juice

I sometimes poach my fish, or Wrap on foil and add some flavour such as ginger, coriander, you can also wrap it with banana leaf....Wonderful flavour!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131