YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How to get enough protein on a busy schedule?

PLer1290

Banned
How do you guys deal with a busy schedule and eating right?

I have time to cook but I may not have time to prepare my meals because there is no microwave where I am every day.

I am extremely busy and have finally resorted to eating my grilled chicken cold.
It is really not that bad once you get used to it.

What have you been doing?

ya just eat it cold bro and package all your meals the night before thats what i do and works fine. ad you cant be that busy to eat i can shovle down 8 oz protien and 1.5 cups of brown rice pretty fast like 10 mins.... so im sure you can too!!!:headbang:

I eat almost all of my meals cold. You get used to it.

I eat 6 meals a day, 2 of which are shakes. Couldnt do it without the shakes

nice and fast mel on the fly

All about peanut butter sammich and rice cakes. Even tuna in a pouch and precooked uncle bens rice. Open and spoon in.

How many times a day do you have enough time to make yourself a meal?

I mean, if you only had enough time to make yourself breakfast and dinner, why not just use protein shakes and various fruits/veggies as your other meals throughout the day?

Always carry a shaker with you with a couple scoops of whey. Add water when you're ready to drink it.

Cook your meals in advance. I like to throw a whole pack of 93/7 lean burgers on the grill on Sunday when I'm not busy, and put them all in the fridge. Put them in a ziplock bag or tupperware and go, bun or no bun, dont forget your condiments if you cant eat 'em plain.

Always carry something non-perishable like canned tuna, protein bar, whatever, something with a long expiration date that won't go bad in the car, in your desk at work, or w/e you are most of the time.

I like to keep a small igloo cooler in my car with a freezer pack if im on the go, have my premade meal and an RTD or something. It's easy if you plan ahead. If you wake up at 7:30 and gotta be at work by 8 and haven't thought this stuff out in advance, it can be a hassle and huge PITA. Put some thought and effort into it and you can definitely make 5 minutes to eat every 2-3 hours without it causing issues at work.

The shakers help. Also, Costco has chicken tenderloins I cook in the am. Theyre small enough to eat by hand. And as others said, you get used to cold food.

Sent from my HTC Inspire

I travel all over the world. Long flights often to places like Dubai, Moscow, and Beijing to name a few.

Maintaining my meals, my protein intake is of paramount importance to me. I could not do it without the True Protein RTDs, those nifty little plastic bottles with a pre-measured 50grams of their best cold filtration whey in each. Just hand to a flight attendant and ask them to top off with water or use the bottled water in my hotel room.

Also keep a few in my truck so matter wherever I am, the protein is ingested!

Worldspan

1. I don't believe in rtd's

2. Recent research indicates that a longer space between leucine spikes is more effective for muscle protein secretion. Aka it is not necessary to maintain a meal every 2 hours. Eat bigger meals with more protein. Your body can absorb as much as you give it. Now, if you need absurd calories to bulk, fewer meals may become a problem.

1. I don't believe in rtd's

2. Recent research indicates that a longer space between leucine spikes is more effective for muscle protein secretion. Aka it is not necessary to maintain a meal every 2 hours. Eat bigger meals with more protein. Your body can absorb as much as you give it. Now, if you need absurd calories to bulk, fewer meals may become a problem.

I'd like to see some of this research.

You eat 200g of protein 3x a day and I'll split mine up over 6 meals and lets see who pisses out more. I'll bet its you. I don't believe 1 bit that your body can take in as much protein as you give it. I've never seen scientific research that proves it either. You piss out plenty, and the more you give your body at once, the more your kidneys are working in overdrive.

I'd like to see some of this research.

You eat 200g of protein 3x a day and I'll split mine up over 6 meals and lets see who pisses out more. I'll bet its you. I don't believe 1 bit that your body can take in as much protein as you give it. I've never seen scientific research that proves it either. You piss out plenty, and the more you give your body at once, the more your kidneys are working in overdrive.

At any level of protein intake, have you ever shit out an entire piece of chicken, undigested? Have you ever had explosive diahrrea (how the body would respond to going beyond what it could possibly digest)? I haven't. I'm not just talking shakes. I've also seen plenty to indicate that too many carbs or lipids can cause kidney issues, which are widely available. Protein is not the only culprit there. With regard to protein capacity, it would appear you and I have the same level of information... unless you have some study that I lack, of course. But why would the human body, built for survival, be built in such a way that limits its intake of certain forms of calories? That would be shitty for evolution.

Also, I can't see myself ever needing 600 grams. Maybe some day I'll be big enough to justify it, but I doubt it.

as far as the leucine spiking (which has a synergistic benefit when discussing muscle protein secretion) I can find that if you'd like. The idea is that you maximize your synergistic bonus to anabolism with x grams of leucine (dont recall exactly). Also, too frequent attempts to take advantage of the leucine spike lead to a decrease in effectiveness.

Last edited:
an extra freezer, a good wife, lots of containers and all day Sunday prepping the weeks food.

microwavable rice with veggies and cook a lot of chicken in the beginning of the week and possibly mid week. I do the same with a lean flank steak. Pain in the ass during winter let me tell you that!

The shakers help. Also, Costco has chicken tenderloins I cook in the am. Theyre small enough to eat by hand. And as others said, you get used to cold food.

Sent from my HTC Inspire

I totally take advantage of this method too! I love costco.

meal replacements, protein powders,canned chicken and tuna,precooked pancakes. pack your stuff nite b4

My newest thing is either waking up even earlier than I normally would or packing my food the night before.

I've also gotten used to eating my chicken either bland, or cold. Luckily when I'm in the office I have access to a microwave :D

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws