over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Green Tea is good for the heart

BigChef

Kilo Klub/Moderator
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Thought I share this with you all! I drink Green Tea as well!

Babu, P; Liu, D
Green tea catechins and cardiovascular health: an update.
Curr Med Chem. 2008;15(18):1840-50.

Epidemiological, clinical and experimental studies have established a positive correlation between green tea consumption and cardiovascular health. Catechins, the major polyphenolic compounds in green tea, exert vascular protective effects through multiple mechanisms, including antioxidative, anti-hypertensive, anti-inflammatory, anti-proliferative, anti-thrombogenic, and lipid lowering effects. (1) Tea catechins present antioxidant activity by scavenging free radicals, chelating redox active transition-metal ions, inhibiting redox active transcription factors, inhibiting pro-oxidant enzymes and inducing antioxidant enzymes. (2) Tea catechins inhibit the key enzymes involved in lipid biosynthesis and reduce intestinal lipid absorption, thereby improving blood lipid profile. (3) Catechins regulate vascular tone by activating endothelial nitric oxide. (4) Catechins prevent vascular inflammation that plays a critical role in the progression of atherosclerotic lesions. The anti-inflammatory activities of catechins may be due to their suppression of leukocyte adhesion to endothelium and subsequent transmigration through inhibition of transcriptional factor NF-kB-mediated production of cytokines and adhesion molecules both in endothelial cells and inflammatory cells. (5) Catechins inhibit proliferation of vascular smooth muscle cells by interfering with vascular cell growth factors involved in atherogenesis. (6) Catechins suppress platelet adhesion, thereby inhibiting thrombogenesis. Taken together, catechins may be novel plant-derived small molecules for the prevention and treatment of cardiovascular diseases. This review highlights current developments in green tea extracts and vascular health, focusing specifically on the role of tea catechins in the prevention of various vascular diseases and the underlying mechanisms for these actions. In addition, the possible structure-activity relationship of catechins is discussed.

Thought I share this with you all! I drink Green Tea as well!

Babu, P; Liu, D
Green tea catechins and cardiovascular health: an update.
Curr Med Chem. 2008;15(18):1840-50.

Epidemiological, clinical and experimental studies have established a positive correlation between green tea consumption and cardiovascular health. Catechins, the major polyphenolic compounds in green tea, exert vascular protective effects through multiple mechanisms, including antioxidative, anti-hypertensive, anti-inflammatory, anti-proliferative, anti-thrombogenic, and lipid lowering effects. (1) Tea catechins present antioxidant activity by scavenging free radicals, chelating redox active transition-metal ions, inhibiting redox active transcription factors, inhibiting pro-oxidant enzymes and inducing antioxidant enzymes. (2) Tea catechins inhibit the key enzymes involved in lipid biosynthesis and reduce intestinal lipid absorption, thereby improving blood lipid profile. (3) Catechins regulate vascular tone by activating endothelial nitric oxide. (4) Catechins prevent vascular inflammation that plays a critical role in the progression of atherosclerotic lesions. The anti-inflammatory activities of catechins may be due to their suppression of leukocyte adhesion to endothelium and subsequent transmigration through inhibition of transcriptional factor NF-kB-mediated production of cytokines and adhesion molecules both in endothelial cells and inflammatory cells. (5) Catechins inhibit proliferation of vascular smooth muscle cells by interfering with vascular cell growth factors involved in atherogenesis. (6) Catechins suppress platelet adhesion, thereby inhibiting thrombogenesis. Taken together, catechins may be novel plant-derived small molecules for the prevention and treatment of cardiovascular diseases. This review highlights current developments in green tea extracts and vascular health, focusing specifically on the role of tea catechins in the prevention of various vascular diseases and the underlying mechanisms for these actions. In addition, the possible structure-activity relationship of catechins is discussed.
wow! Alot of big words in there! Ha I love green tea i take green tea capsules and drink it because i know it's a great antioxidant and gives me a good boost. But thats about it! At least i know i'm on the right track an will appreciate the fact that it's even better than i thought. X

wow! Alot of big words in there! Ha I love green tea i take green tea capsules and drink it because i know it's a great antioxidant and gives me a good boost. But thats about it! At least i know i'm on the right track an will appreciate the fact that it's even better than i thought. X

That's nice if it's gives you a good boost! :D I need a good boost too :cool:

good read I recently got addicted to lipton diet green tea, which is awesome

Well There is no doubt that Green is one of the best which is really good for health as it helps to save us from different diseases . Moreover,It also helpful to lose weight . What do you think about . Thanks

I drink around a gallon per day of black/green tea blend.

wathc the black tea... large amounts over periods of time have been correlated with kidney stones

also, adding warm lemon juice makes much more of the antioxidants available to the body

wathc the black tea... large amounts over periods of time have been correlated with kidney stones

also, adding warm lemon juice makes much more of the antioxidants available to the body

Doesnt black tea contain tannic acid or something? Just curious!

Green Tea is very beneficial for leanness and overall health. About the only thing I recommend against is taking fish oil with hot green tea :naughty: that's not a good combo hitting the stomach [or the breathe]

good read I recently got addicted to lipton diet green tea, which is awesome

I love my tea, esp liptons. I'm pretty sure your referring to the bottled lipton green tea, but next time i hit the store i want to see if they offer this in homebrew packets.

I love my tea, esp liptons. I'm pretty sure your referring to the bottled lipton green tea, but next time i hit the store i want to see if they offer this in homebrew packets.

Not to rain on the parade but I'd be weary of Lipton's quality. I've drank those pre-mixed waters too and I don't think have stack up. I mean if you like it more power to you but I think a commerical operation that big is cutting corners to same extent. Myself I'm partial to the Japanese stuff

Doesnt black tea contain tannic acid or something? Just curious!

ehhh. not sure, im just repeating what some one much smarter than me once said

The use of the green tea is really helpful for those people who are not interested to use the dieting pills to lose the weight. By the use of the 2-3 cup of the green tea he can easily burn the fats of the body.

also note EGCG is very sensitive to heat. boiling water will destroy a good amount of the antioxidants

I know Green Tea offers numerous benefits, but was not aware it might help the heart.

thoughts on green tea pills? dosage?

I have been taking the Green Tea Extract pills 3 a day for 3 weeks now on a empty stomache and have lost 7lbs with out changing anything else. Not sure the MG.
T

it always makes me feel like crap...I think I have an allergy towards it...All other teas though I am good to go...

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131