over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Artificial sweetners?

Moe1ron

Registered
I'v always heard they're bad for you but I'v been reading that our bodies react to them as if it was sugar.. I'v been running a very. Low carb diet for a while and have stalled.. I'm wondering if this could be the culprit

No definitely not. They are ok, you might need a cheat meal to get yourself going.

I was reading that they trick your body into an insulin spike and work to store fat... So no truth to this? You think one cheat meal would suffice?

they very little to no impact on your bld glucose , or mine anyway as checked with meter.
they do cause me to hold some water so I cut all diet drinks and artificial sweeteners 2 weeks ou from a show.

sounds to me my your diet stalled , go hit a shushi buffet or pizza buffet for early lunch one day and see what happenes

That's music to my ears, haven't had pizza for a long long time.. My plan was to stay low carb and go fattier as I'v been eating very lean.. I was hoping that this would push me further into ketosis

Good read but if the point is to reset my thyroid it's pointless since in running t-3 at 50 mcgs daily

Good read but if the point is to reset my thyroid it's pointless since in running t-3 at 50 mcgs daily

EEHHHHH , kinda , it more or less resets your metabolism , not just the the thyroid.

refeeds are needed to "reset" you body and let it know you arnt gonna starve it to death , the leaner you get the faster the body fights back and the more often a refeed is needed.

I have a buddy that has a super fast metabolism and 3 weeks out from the show had to add 100g carbs back into his diet for the first two meals of the day. , it was cool to see him lose and lose then all the sudden nothing worked , add in 100g carbs and fat loss started back up. His carbs were cut on Monday along with fats and carbed up hard of firday afternoon for the show

The thing is I have plenty of fat left to lose and I'v never stalled when doing this in the past.. But cardio n diets not working so im going to take your advice

Stuff such as sugar alchohols can leave you in ketosis while stalling your weight loss so I would check on that. But also agree with others, carb cycling with a weekly cheat meal or day is great for keeping your weight loss going consistently. It is also great for helping prevent against muscle loss.

Unless you're dieting for a show or something along those lines, Natural Raw Cane Sugar is still the best. (brown sugar crystals) IMHO

I was reading that they trick your body into an insulin spike and work to store fat... So no truth to this? You think one cheat meal would suffice?

The biggest change to my fat loss came when I ditched the whey flavoured Whey protein. I dont think I would ever touch that trash any more. Steak and eggs is where it's at. Flavoured whey is as good as junk!

The biggest change to my fat loss came when I ditched the whey flavoured Whey protein. I dont think I would ever touch that trash any more. Steak and eggs is where it's at. Flavoured whey is as good as junk!

Agreed, I havnt used protein powder in a year and won't again. All chicken breast and egg for me and a, little steak when it's on special offer. Steak expensive in england :mad:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I think most of them are ok, but I would stay far far away from aspartame. The dangers and sides of aspartame are just crazy. You can google to see all the diff health risks with using aspartame on a regular.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear