over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Pumped340 Hair Transplant and Hair Fibers

• Thread starter Deleted member 106824
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 106824

Just scheduled an FUE hair transplant with Dr. Vories as per Anubis' recommendation, apparently he's one of the best in the country.

I began thinning noticeably about 5 years ago but it's been gradual and hair fibers saved me. I've attached 4 pictures below, 2 without the fibers and 2 with the fibers and you can see it's a pretty dramatic difference. It's honestly put me back to where I was 4-5 years ago. I'd probably be ok without a transplant for another year or two, but I'm soon to begin a high end job that I will likely be in for many years, with a crucial first year, and can't afford to take a few weeks off and come back with a shaved blotchy head so I figured I'll get it done now and be set for a while.

I'm hoping I'm set for at least another 5 years without fibers at all, and then maybe another 5+ years with fibers before I would need a second transplant. I really want to avoid minoxidil and finasteride so I'm sure I'll lose my hair faster than I would if I used those, but I just don't want the potential side effects.

We'll be doing 2500 grafts, building up the top and front and bringing the hairline down a bit. The only time the hair fibers are noticeable is right in the very front so with the front being built up with transplanted hair I think I could get by for a while with the one transplant and the fibers.

Anyway happy to answer any questions and I'll be posting updates here.

Attachments

• Hair 6.jpg
    Hair 6.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 234
  • Hair 8.jpg
    Hair 8.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 201
  • Hair 9 Fibers.jpg
    Hair 9 Fibers.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 216
  • Hair 10 Fibers.jpg
    Hair 10 Fibers.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 220
wtf dude that looks so good. I have literally never really taken fiber seriously. Does it look that good in person that looks legit!

What the best brand?

If you ran your hand through your head would the fibers be all over?

Does it get on your clothes?

BTW the way your hair is and with the 2500 you are getting i think you are going to be very happy with your results. We had a similar pattern and your getting a lot more then me.

Just scheduled an FUE hair transplant with Dr. Vories as per Anubis' recommendation, apparently he's one of the best in the country.

I began thinning noticeably about 5 years ago but it's been gradual and hair fibers saved me. I've attached 4 pictures below, 2 without the fibers and 2 with the fibers and you can see it's a pretty dramatic difference. It's honestly put me back to where I was 4-5 years ago. I'd probably be ok without a transplant for another year or two, but I'm soon to begin a high end job that I will likely be in for many years, with a crucial first year, and can't afford to take a few weeks off and come back with a shaved blotchy head so I figured I'll get it done now and be set for a while.

I'm hoping I'm set for at least another 5 years without fibers at all, and then maybe another 5+ years with fibers before I would need a second transplant. I really want to avoid minoxidil and finasteride so I'm sure I'll lose my hair faster than I would if I used those, but I just don't want the potential side effects.

We'll be doing 2500 grafts, building up the top and front and bringing the hairline down a bit. The only time the hair fibers are noticeable is right in the very front so with the front being built up with transplanted hair I think I could get by for a while with the one transplant and the fibers.

Anyway happy to answer any questions and I'll be posting updates here.

With the fibers, your hair looks perfect, but I bet you are excited to get that hair transplant.

Is the cost $5 per graft?

Hah thanks guys, I'll be honest I was actually a little impressed with my hair there, I made sure to scrub all the previous fibers out beforehand to get a clear image and then blow dry it and do the fibers after that. I don't think it would look nearly as good without the blow drying even with the hair fibers as blow drying really gives it the volume and then the fibers can fill it in.

My hair is naturally very nappy unfortunately (have had several jokes that there's some black in me because of my hair lol) and wavy if I don't blow it dry so it's unfortunately a pain to deal with.

Warlock, yes just under $5 per graft. $11500 total. As I mentioned I do think I could get by with just the fibers for now but the issue is I don't see a great time to get the procedure done any time in the next few years, whereas at my current job I don't really care.

Technoviking, thanks man! It's funny in your post when you said we had a similar pattern I was thinking yours was worse than mine, but going back and looking at your starting pics and then looking at mine they are pretty similar. I think sometimes I forget how much I've lost because I put my hair down and the fibers in, whereas in your starting pic and in my starting pic we have our hair back and no fibers in so it really shows whats missing. Just curious, how did you style your hair before the transplant?

As for the fibers, I think they're all the same. I was getting a good deal at Hudson and Mane but apparently they just discontinued them for some reason so I guess I'll be using Cabooki or Gofybr now. Very glad I found the fibers back in 2014-2015. I'd be way more self conscious about my hair right now if it wasn't for them.

Btw I've attached another pic to show what it looks like when it's a little shorter, dry vs wet, this was in May. Doesn't look like as much loss here, I don't think that's because I've lost a ton in 6 months but rather because of the different length of hair.

Attachments

• Hair 1.jpg
    Hair 1.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 338
Last edited by a moderator:
Hah thanks guys, I'll be honest I was actually a little impressed with my hair there, I made sure to scrub all the previous fibers out beforehand to get a clear image and then blow dry it and do the fibers after that. I don't think it would look nearly as good without the blow drying even with the hair fibers as blow drying really gives it the volume and then the fibers can fill it in.

My hair is naturally very nappy unfortunately (have had several jokes that there's some black in me because of my hair lol) and wavy if I don't blow it dry so it's unfortunately a pain to deal with.

Warlock, yes just under $5 per graft. $11500 total. As I mentioned I do think I could get by with just the fibers for now but the issue is I don't see a great time to get the procedure done any time in the next few years, whereas at my current job I don't really care.

Technoviking, thanks man! It's funny in your post when you said we had a similar pattern I was thinking yours was worse than mine, but going back and looking at your starting pics and then looking at mine they are pretty similar. I think sometimes I forget how much I've lost because I put my hair down and the fibers in, whereas in your starting pic and in my starting pic we have our hair back and no fibers in so it really shows whats missing. Just curious, how did you style your hair before the transplant?

As for the fibers, I think they're all the same. I was getting a good deal at Hudson and Mane but apparently they just discontinued them for some reason so I guess I'll be using Cabooki or Gofybr now. Very glad I found the fibers back in 2014-2015. I'd be way more self conscious about my hair right now if it wasn't for them.

Btw I've attached another pic to show what it looks like when it's a little shorter, dry vs wet, this was in May. Doesn't look like as much loss here, I don't think that's because I've lost a ton in 6 months but rather because of the different length of hair.

Your hair looks much better in these pics then the other ones IMO. I did a comb over.

Your hair looks much better in these pics then the other ones IMO. I did a comb over.

I agree. I either lost a lot more hair in 6 months or it's due to a difference in length and how I brushed it. Perhaps a combination, I really don't think I lost that much more hair in that time.

I picked up some toppik at wall greens and i used it after the gym just to test it out and OMG man wow ha. It really works good. I am a huge believer now.

I picked up some toppik at wall greens and i used it after the gym just to test it out and OMG man wow ha. It really works good. I am a huge believer now.

lol glad you like it, but does it help that much now even after the transplant? I would have thought you wouldn't need it anymore or benefit from it having just had a transplant.

lol glad you like it, but does it help that much now even after the transplant? I would have thought you wouldn't need it anymore or benefit from it having just had a transplant.

It helps. My hairline looks a lot tighter if that makes sense.

Congrats on booking the procedure Pumped. Re: Fibers, I know a lot of guys who were quite happy with how they looked with fibers in but almost to a man they are all happier post op. As hair loss sufferers we just begin to accept things as a way of life that others don't have to...fibers are one of those things...it doesn't feel like a big deal until you remember what it feels like to not have to be reliant on them again. A light sprinkle wasn't gonna expose them but guys would live in fear of pools or downpours, smudges, just worry over do others notice, and worry about people touching your hair, you just make adjustments in life around your hair and it becomes so natural it stops feeling weird. Until you don't have to do that anymore...its a freeing feeling to know you can style and go again. You picked a great doc, and the amount of grafts is really going to fortify your frontal third...I look forward to seeing your results over the coming year.

Congrats on booking the procedure Pumped. Re: Fibers, I know a lot of guys who were quite happy with how they looked with fibers in but almost to a man they are all happier post op. As hair loss sufferers we just begin to accept things as a way of life that others don't have to...fibers are one of those things...it doesn't feel like a big deal until you remember what it feels like to not have to be reliant on them again. A light sprinkle wasn't gonna expose them but guys would live in fear of pools or downpours, smudges, just worry over do others notice, and worry about people touching your hair, you just make adjustments in life around your hair and it becomes so natural it stops feeling weird. Until you don't have to do that anymore...its a freeing feeling to know you can style and go again. You picked a great doc, and the amount of grafts is really going to fortify your frontal third...I look forward to seeing your results over the coming year.

As I started reading what you said I thought "Hm, no I don't really mind the fibers at all"....then as I kept reading I realized I do all of those things haha not wanting women touching my hair, I don't swim much anymore but wanting to avoid going under if I did, etc..

I will say the fibers really are great and I don't mind using them at all but it will be nice if I don't have to anymore for a bit. I think for me this surgery will give me more confidence but not THAT much more simply because the fibers really hid what was going on. If I go ahead and scrub them out entirely then I'm reminded that oh yea I would be way more self conscious without them, so I do see why guys who are really balding see it as a life changing surgery.

I'm taking a medication right now that gives crazy dreams and I had a dream last night I had just gotten the surgery and Dr. Vories told me I was wasting his time asking stupid questions lmao very weird stuff...

The surgery works, just get it done you’ll never think about it again.

when is your procedure bro?

2/25/19

My nose was broken so that's getting fixed on 2/22/19 so I'll be getting the transplant done with a cast on my nose lol going to look ridiculous

Looks good... I just wish they had some preventative measure to stop the rest of the hair from falling out..

Looks good... I just wish they had some preventative measure to stop the rest of the hair from falling out..

Well there are always the drugs for it. I just had another friend jump on Finasteride. For now I just don't want to mess with it.

Surgery is in 9 days!

It helps. My hairline looks a lot tighter if that makes sense.

Tekno, I thought the toppik fibers were more to fill in on the top of the head?

are you saying that using the fibers has helped your hairline?

just curious.

Procedure is at 7am tomorrow. Ready to get it over with, mostly just because I want the healing to start. I'll probably have to avoid seeing anyone for at least a week or so and even then my hair is typically 1-2in long so it'll be a good 2 months before I'm at all back to normal.

Tekno, I thought the toppik fibers were more to fill in on the top of the head?

are you saying that using the fibers has helped your hairline?

just curious.

It certainly thickens the hairline if it's thin, but won't bring down the hairline any. Also, if your hairline is really thin I think it becomes noticeable especially if it's been in their more than a day. I get a huge benefit from the fibers but every once in a while I think someone is staring at them

Procedure is at 7am tomorrow. Ready to get it over with, mostly just because I want the healing to start. I'll probably have to avoid seeing anyone for at least a week or so and even then my hair is typically 1-2in long so it'll be a good 2 months before I'm at all back to normal.

It certainly thickens the hairline if it's thin, but won't bring down the hairline any. Also, if your hairline is really thin I think it becomes noticeable especially if it's been in their more than a day. I get a huge benefit from the fibers but every once in a while I think someone is staring at them

Gotcha pumped, thanks.

Best of luck today bro. Please let us know how it goes

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear