over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

homegrown vegetables.

way2tense

Verified Customer / Kilo Klub
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
anybody into this?
been doing this for the last few years with mixed success.

When I had my house I loved growing my own veggies. It's like getting free food. Minus all the work. What veggies are u growing?

tomatoes,a variety of peppers.zuchinni,cucumbers,green beans.onions, carrots.
i try to grow all kinds of shit but i live in the high desert and its a bit of a challenge,fucking dry here.

I love growing tomatoes, cukes, asparagus, spinach, basil, peppers. My problem is to much water, so my tomatoes get blight and mold sometimes. The other thing is I have so much shit I give 90% of it away!

i love to share mine with my neighbors and friends.
i wish i could grow spinach...just too hot and dry here.
herbs are abitch too.i love to cook with parsley.cilantro.gonna try herbs one more time.
i can get basil to grow.
i have a rosemary bush,really hearty,makes it through the winter.sage is the same way.
i still have onions and carotts in the ground.they dont mind freezing temps.

I have a small community plot where me and my mother grow tomatoes peppers, broccoli, unions, carrots, pumpkin and some berries.
It's primarily a nice hobby to share with my mother who cant handle the heavier work anymore.
The free veggies are a nice perk!

I love growing tomatoes, cukes, asparagus, spinach, basil, peppers. My problem is to much water, so my tomatoes get blight and mold sometimes. The other thing is I have so much shit I give 90% of it away!
I have exactly the same problem.. Some summers get so much rain that all tomatoes that aren't sheltered from the rain get ruined! A simple plastic shelter from the rain will make such a big difference for those tomatoes.

I have a small community plot where me and my mother grow tomatoes peppers, broccoli, unions, carrots, pumpkin and some berries.
It's primarily a nice hobby to share with my mother who cant handle the heavier work anymore.
The free veggies are a nice perk!

yeah man.its a nice way to spend a little time with your family.
good for kids.
average person doesnt think about where food comes from,they somehow think it just magically apears at the supermarket.

not much success...dogs always get in the garden and eat it all, lol. even with a chicken wire fence. SO i gave up. But yeah, can't beat homegrown veggies. my favorite was cherry tomatoes.

i love to share mine with my neighbors and friends.
i wish i could grow spinach...just too hot and dry here.
herbs are abitch too.i love to cook with parsley.cilantro.gonna try herbs one more time.
i can get basil to grow.
i have a rosemary bush,really hearty,makes it through the winter.sage is the same way.
i still have onions and carotts in the ground.they dont mind freezing temps.

U can grow herbs, u just have to shade then crime the sun a bit. I love basil, mine gets so big we have stake it!

not much success...dogs always get in the garden and eat it all, lol. even with a chicken wire fence. SO i gave up. But yeah, can't beat homegrown veggies. my favorite was cherry tomatoes.

My favorite too, they never seemed to make it into the house!

yeah im gonna shade em this year...but seriously.im at 5000 feet above sea level in the new mexico desert.its ridiculous dry here.

I have exactly the same problem.. Some summers get so much rain that all tomatoes that aren't sheltered from the rain get ruined! A simple plastic shelter from the rain will make such a big difference for those tomatoes.

It's the water in the soil, it creates tomato mold and kills the leaves on the plant. What we do now is use trash cans (plastic) before it rains we bring then in the garage. Solves the problem but not really a garden. But the veggies in the garden have no problem with the water.

yeah im gonna shade em this year...but seriously.im at 5000 feet above sea level in the new mexico desert.its ridiculous dry here.

Yeah that's about as dry as it gets! How many times a day do u water?

tomatoes deeep soak about every three days...eveything else is just a feel thing...ill think everthings good,turn around...and shit is just wiltin.its a challenge but worth it.usually have to water my cucumbers every day.

it does!!!how can you know that?
sadly,one of the few veggies i dont like.

if you wanna grow some herbs look into the "aero garden". You grow them hydroponic inside, with special grow bulbs on 12 hours a day. I tried growing tomatoes twice, the first time, they got in the gorund late and fried in 110 degree heat, the second time I forgot about the god damn bunny rabbits! I felt like elmer fudd going after bugs bunny. They ate the leaves before any sign of fruit.

Yep I grow alot of my own vegies, usually seasonal though. I dont grow everything as I live in a suburban area but I grow lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, brocolli, cauliflower, strawberries, capsicum, shallots and sometimes watermelon. Main stuff is lettuce and tomatoes though. I dont really save much money doing it but the food tastes alot better

the reason i stARTed this thread was...i have been controling my aphids with sunflowers...
plant some sunflowers throughout your yard and those little fuckers will leave everything else alone...they eat the sunflowers ants eat the aphids.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws