2 caps lemon juice
2 tilapia fillets
1 tomato
ice berg lettuce
salt
pepper
parsley
garlic powder

turn stove on 7 spray pan with pam and throw in 2 tilapia fillets in season top with salt pepper parsley and garlic powder (lightly)
(you are going to cook one side until crispy brown then flip but before you flip spray the top of the tilapia fillets with pam again so it gets crispy)

peel avocado and put in bowl add 2 caps lemon juice salt and pepper and mix until its like a sauce.

toast the bread so it is lightly crispy

cut 4 thin slices of tomato
remove 2 layers of the ice berg lettuce

now making the sandwich.

get the two pieces of toast place on plate put the tilapia fillets on the bread then put the two slices of tomato then the lettuce(yes it seems like a lot of lettuce) then take a teaspoon and get a heaping spoon ful and spread on the last 2 peices of toast then put on the top of the lettuce.

Now enjoy remember to bring a few napkins

macros are 50-60/70/15 perfect meal... wish i took a picture I eat about 4-6 of these a day

sounds like a good saturday/sunday lunch to make for myself and a lady friend. Thanks for the recipe and cooking instructions always nice to make something new!:headbang:

4-6 per day :eek:

ingredients:

4 slices sesame ezekial bread
1 avocado
2 caps lemon juice
2 tilapia fillets
1 tomato
ice berg lettuce
salt
pepper
parsley
garlic powder

turn stove on 7 spray pan with pam and throw in 2 tilapia fillets in season top with salt pepper parsley and garlic powder (lightly)
(you are going to cook one side until crispy brown then flip but before you flip spray the top of the tilapia fillets with pam again so it gets crispy)

peel avocado and put in bowl add 2 caps lemon juice salt and pepper and mix until its like a sauce.

toast the bread so it is lightly crispy

cut 4 thin slices of tomato
remove 2 layers of the ice berg lettuce

now making the sandwich.

get the two pieces of toast place on plate put the tilapia fillets on the bread then put the two slices of tomato then the lettuce(yes it seems like a lot of lettuce) then take a teaspoon and get a heaping spoon ful and spread on the last 2 peices of toast then put on the top of the lettuce.

Now enjoy remember to bring a few napkins

macros are 50-60/70/15 perfect meal... wish i took a picture I eat about 4-6 of these a day

Last edited:
Will try sounds great,Also like homemade meatloaf,catsup,dill pickles,on rye

Everything sounds great w the exception of the avocado

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I stay away from Tilapia but I guess it's OK if you like inflammation....

I stay away from Tilapia but I guess it's OK if you like inflammation....

Ur kidding right tilapia is a great tasting fish, oats rank higher , rice , even some fruits don't have the time to get them all and post it's definitely a nutritious fish.

Ur kidding right tilapia is a great tasting fish, oats rank higher , rice , even some fruits don't have the time to get them all and post it's definitely a nutritious fish.

I think you've been misinformed brother. Tilapia has among the highest n6 content of any fish and it's pretty much all farmed which means it's fed soy, corn, etc making it that much worse. Health has nothing to do with how it tastes. Eat it if you want, I'm just saying there are much better choices as far as fish/seafood goes.

Omega-6 (n-6) and omega-3 (n-3) fatty ac... [Int J Food Sci Nutr. 2009] - PubMed - NCBI

*edit* BTW, it wasn't meant to be insulting. Sorry if it came across like that.

Last edited:
I think you've been misinformed brother. Tilapia has among the highest n6 content of any fish and it's pretty much all farmed which means it's fed soy, corn, etc making it that much worse. Health has nothing to do with how it tastes. Eat it if you want, I'm just saying there are much better choices as far as fish/seafood goes.

Omega-6 (n-6) and omega-3 (n-3) fatty ac... [Int J Food Sci Nutr. 2009] - PubMed - NCBI

*edit* BTW, it wasn't meant to be insulting. Sorry if it came across like that.

you kill me man here tilapia raw inflammatory -18

plantains inflammatory -142

I know it has a higher polysaturates but each fish has 2g of fat so I dont think even eating 10 pieces of tilapia a day will have any consequence granted one is taking in enough omega 3s to balance it out remember you still want a 3 to 1 ratio anything higher and its actually harmful for you..

I know nutrition as well If I remember your whole diet you posted I could pick apart a ton of things but this is a great sandwich much more nutritious then that marguerita, baconnaise, sausage and beef jerky :) bet youll never see those in a bodybuilders diet

Last edited:
you kill me man here tilapia raw inflammatory -18

plantains inflammatory -142

I know it has a higher polysaturates but each fish has 2g of fat so I dont think even eating 10 pieces of tilapia a day will have any consequence granted one is taking in enough omega 3s to balance it out remember you still want a 3 to 1 ratio anything higher and its actually harmful for you..

I know nutrition as well If I remember your whole diet you posted I could pick apart a ton of things but this is a great sandwich much more nutritious then that marguerita, baconnaise, sausage and beef jerky :) bet youll never see those in a bodybuilders diet

Where did those numbers come from? nutritiondata.com? Just curious.

The problem is that even a health conscious person takes in WAY more n6 fatty acids than n3. Why not balance that out anywhere you can instead of making it worse. No need to be defensive, I'm not trying to attack you. But do some reading with an open mind.

Farm-raised tilapia fish contains potentially dangerous fatty acid combination

Also not sure why a vacation cocktail has any bearing in this discussion, but I guess you got me there, it's definitely less healthy than most things. I would argue that baconnaise, artisan sausage and grass fed beef jerky are MUCH healthier than tilapia though.

As for my diet, it works for me. It's unconventional for the bodybuilding community, but despite its unpopularity it IS healthy.

Either way, I think you took my post all wrong. No need to argue about it. If you think it's OK to eat, no problem. Eat it. It's your decision, just like it's my decision not to. I was just trying to provide some information you may not be aware of. Either way, cheers.

PS. I'm sure it is a delicious sandwich.

Where did those numbers come from? nutritiondata.com? Just curious.

The problem is that even a health conscious person takes in WAY more n6 fatty acids than n3. Why not balance that out anywhere you can instead of making it worse. No need to be defensive, I'm not trying to attack you. But do some reading with an open mind.

Farm-raised tilapia fish contains potentially dangerous fatty acid combination

Also not sure why a vacation cocktail has any bearing in this discussion, but I guess you got me there, it's definitely less healthy than most things. I would argue that baconnaise, artisan sausage and grass fed beef jerky are MUCH healthier than tilapia though.

As for my diet, it works for me. It's unconventional for the bodybuilding community, but despite its unpopularity it IS healthy.

Either way, I think you took my post all wrong. No need to argue about it. If you think it's OK to eat, no problem. Eat it. It's your decision, just like it's my decision not to. I was just trying to provide some information you may not be aware of. Either way, cheers.

PS. I'm sure it is a delicious sandwich.

no only non bodybuilders take in to much omega 6s to 3s

but actually if you look at typical bodybuilding diets then most bodybuilders are not getting enough omega 6s to get a proper ratio to omega 3s. They are usually more concerned with saturates and mono saturates.

Ofcourse its farm raised but so is everything we eat. I know you go out of your way to get grass fed but is it grass finished , all the meat here is corn finished so why waste my money on it (thats my opinion) if it were grass finished then different story. No way is all the sodium in that beef jerky no matter if its grass finished more nutritious. The bacconaise defintely not canola oil, table sugar. Aritisan sausauge I would have to see the ingredients but most sausages contain chunks of sat fat that even when cooked is still hard and I cant imagine how hard it would be to digest that probably comparable to chewing gum.

I wasn't taking anything offensive I watched every morsell of food for 5 years of my life and made sure I had proper ratios of sat, omega 3- 6s and all my food was nutrient dense .. Now I eat healthy nutrious food but I dont pay much attention to all those little details because to be honest they made no difference in recovery, look, and blood work.

But the combo of avocado along with the tilapia should actually give you a good balance take 2 omega 3 1000mg fish oil caps and its a perfect meal.

You should try it man

>>> oh yea those number are from nutritional data best site for calories, aminos, and all sugar contents in fruits and other products (glucose, sucrose, fructose etc) tells you inflammatory factor

Last edited:
no only non bodybuilders take in to much omega 6s to 3s

but actually if you look at typical bodybuilding diets then most bodybuilders are not getting enough omega 6s to get a proper ratio to omega 3s. They are usually more concerned with saturates and mono saturates.

I guess this would depend on the quality of food. If they are eating grain fed beef, farm raised fish, nuts and nut butters, etc most likely they are still getting too much n6 and not enough n3. Some very conscious might be ok though. We can agree to disagree about this part. :)

Ofcourse its farm raised but so is everything we eat. I know you go out of your way to get grass fed but is it grass finished , all the meat here is corn finished so why waste my money on it (thats my opinion) if it were grass finished then different story. No way is all the sodium in that beef jerky no matter if its grass finished more nutritious. The bacconaise defintely not canola oil, table sugar. Aritisan sausauge I would have to see the ingredients but most sausages contain chunks of sat fat that even when cooked is still hard and I cant imagine how hard it would be to digest that probably comparable to chewing gum.

Yes, all my meat is not only grass fed but is also grass finished. That's all I buy, and it's actually not that hard to find so I don't have to go out of my way to get it, per se. And just to clarify a couple things, when I make homemade beef jerky I use very little salt, if any. The recipe I've been using lately actually has no salt at all. Here it is in case anyone wants to try, it's really good. This is good for about 2lbs of meat.

1/4 cup coconut aminos
3 cloves crushed garlic
2.5 tsp onion powder
2 tsp hot chili powder
1 tsp black pepper

The baconnaise certainly doesn't have canola oil or sugar in it. It's just juice from one lemon, 1 tsp gluten-free dijon mustard, 2 egg yolks and 3/4 cup bacon fat. I'll qualify that by stating the bacon is from healthy pigs, compassionate certified, etc. from US Wellness Meats. This is a delicious and healthy alternative to mayo.

The artisan sausage is just pork, salt, pepper, and depending on what kind of sausage, certain spices. Fennel seed, paprika, cayenne, stuff like that. Depending on the cut of pork ground up sometimes fatback will be added to make it fatty, but it just melts into the sausage. It definitely isn't hard or difficult to digest.[/quote]

I wasn't taking anything offensive I watched every morsell of food for 5 years of my life and made sure I had proper ratios of sat, omega 3- 6s and all my food was nutrient dense .. Now I eat healthy nutrious food but I dont pay much attention to all those little details because to be honest they made no difference in recovery, look, and blood work.

But the combo of avocado along with the tilapia should actually give you a good balance take 2 omega 3 1000mg fish oil caps and its a perfect meal.

You should try it man

>>> oh yea those number are from nutritional data best site for calories, aminos, and all sugar contents in fruits and other products (glucose, sucrose, fructose etc) tells you inflammatory factor

Fair enough. I do think though, that unless your blood work is testing for CRP or IL6 systemic inflammation would be hard to notice.

I was reading through the "Inflammation Factor" website those scores were taken from. Granted I haven't read the book but it seems unreliable to me. canola oil has a score of 85 =mildly antiinflammatory, while coconut oil has a score of -124 = moderately inflammatory. There's no way that's accurate.

Anyway, it's definitely not the worst thing to eat by any means, and like I said I'm sure it does taste great. If I were going to try it I would have to find or make some gluten-free bread though. :)

just like you have your principles I have mine and my own big one is I dont and will never eat pork they are parasite infestations man.

LOL should of known better that you make everything since you are that type of guy. Good to see though you stick by your principles.

Oh too bad man Yea most of my carbs right now are ezekial bread and some shredded wheat and berries post workout... Love the stuff.

You have to remember coconut oil is sat fat so thats all that site takes into account and sat fat is inflammatory... just like all carbs sources are rice, oats, etc for sweet potatoes they are the most nutritious food (obviously you know this already) but they have like 200 anti inflammatory LOL

just like you have your principles I have mine and my own big one is I dont and will never eat pork they are parasite infestations man.

LOL should of known better that you make everything since you are that type of guy. Good to see though you stick by your principles.

Oh too bad man Yea most of my carbs right now are ezekial bread and some shredded wheat and berries post workout... Love the stuff.

You have to remember coconut oil is sat fat so thats all that site takes into account and sat fat is inflammatory... just like all carbs sources are rice, oats, etc for sweet potatoes they are the most nutritious food (obviously you know this already) but they have like 200 anti inflammatory LOL

I totally understand brother. Glad we were able to discuss it like adults. Seems like so many times around here people act like children and it resorts to immature name calling and such.

Yeah, my passion is cooking. I really enjoy it and it's instant gratification, lol. I like knowing what's in my food, and experimenting with new things too. :)

I have to admit, I do miss bread. Gluten-free is hard, but I feel much better. The only saving grace is that I eat tons of fruit, which I love!

Yeah, there are some things that do seem accurate. Garlic, onions, turmeric all rank as highly anti-inflammatory which is true. I just think her model is inconsistent.

Carry on bro. :headbang:

I thought it was a very immature, arrogant, and selfish hijacking of a good thread about a damn good fish sandwich.

OP had every right to be offended.

With your permission, I'll carry on. :rolleyes:

I thought it was a very immature, arrogant, and selfish hijacking of a good thread about a damn good fish sandwich.

OP had every right to be offended.

With your permission, I'll carry on. :rolleyes:

I was never disrespectful with any of my posts. And if you think sharing information is selfish, why are you on a discussion board?

Well it just seems like you like to piss on somebodies parade with your overwhelming knowledge. Maybe start another thread about the dangers of tilapia. I know it's a discussion board, but it's still very easy to come across as a know-it-all.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131