over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Whats the best way to cook tilapia?

The Stallion

Registered
Just recently decided to add a couple fish meals to my diet. Its been a while since ive cooked fish. Im curious to hear some pre-contest friendly recipes to make it taste awesome. What are some good seasoning and any strategies to making it so the fish doesnt crumble when to pick it up off the pan?

? However your wife cooks it for you.

foil pouches...cook your veggies in there at the same time,
just bing "tilapia in foil",lots of recipes out there.
easy to clean up after.
you can use this technique with all kinds of fish.

foil pouches...cook your veggies in there at the same time,
just bing "tilapia in foil",lots of recipes out there.
easy to clean up after.
you can use this technique with all kinds of fish.

Great tip! I dredded eating Tilapia at night. I used to get them in flavored packs from the supermarket but they stopped selling them so now I have plain. Alot of recipies for the foil method!

I cook my fish similar to the foil pouch method but I use parchment paper instead of tin foil. I find it gives the fish more moisture and I don't like wrapping my meat in metal. Try adding some asparagus in there with lemon, salt, pepper, garlic, onion powder. Sometimes put some curry powder on the fish or lime juice and cilantro. Lots of options.

tilapia...throw that shit in the trash and buy something else. i eat a LOT of fish. i live in the subtropics and fresh salt water fish is readily available whether i catch it myself (and i do) or buy in the store. i tried tilapia ONCE. i thought it was horrible and would never try it again. i believe that people that dont like fish because it tastes like fish tried tilapia when they made that decision.

I don't like to pre cook my fish cause i don't like the way it reheats.

I use a cast iron skillet , get it hot as fuck.
season add a light coat of oil to the fish then season and sear in the pan quickly , this is a called "blackening" it looks burnt but its just the seasoning that gets crispy.

Tilapia is cheap and easy to get but iof you can spend a little more a get better fresh fish from a market you are far better off. Most of the fish i eat is caught here by the family

you can get a whole flounder and bake it , make a lump crab meat and or shrimp stuffing , butterfly the top of the flunder and stuff it with crab meat and bake it.

you can also bake or grill the fish in foil pouches like mentioned above , a lttle butter , crushed garlic and chopped veggies make a great meal

Ms. dash's has tons of salt free option... try mixing a few to get a good flavor combination.. Also some seasoning a little on the pricier sided but still great are spicy Italian herbs, black pepper, peppercorn medley... season up throw on some fresh lemons slice and throw that stuff in the oven!!

In a fry pan with coconut oil. Flip only once or it may fall apart. Serve with salt pepper and fresh squeezed lemon.

Cook it outside haha. I had a roommate that used to stink up the whole house with her tilapia.

Also, just an FYI, buy the cheap tilapia. A good friend of mine worked at a fish packaging plant when he was in college and he told me that one hour he would put the fish in a generic store brand bag that sells for cheap, then another hour he would put the exact same product in a nice high end type store bag that sells it for way more. Is the same damn thing.

I like it on the crispy side with some hot sauce and a little ketchup

I wrap it in foil & throw it on my smoker little garlic butter...yum

It seems alot of people don't care for tilapia but I actually think it tastes good.
I just spray a pan with some non-stick cooking spray and pan fry them.
I use the Sazon Goya spice packets with a little onion powder and garlic powder and they come out great, about 4-5 minutes on each side.

Tilapia is great blackened or with a seasoning like sweet ginger sesame and lightly fried in olive oil. If you want to try another fish you can try Barramundi, it tastes great and is high in protein. I find it frozen at BJ's

Load a sheet pan up with about 8 filets, spray the fish with olive oil spray. Take 2 lemons and squeeze them on top of the talapia. Zest the lemons a little over the top as well for some extra taste.

Pour some water in the bottom of the pan then spice the fish with Mrs. Dash lemon pepper add a little sea salt. Bake for 15 minutes at 325F and there you go best way I've ever had talapia.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws