over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Fat in pot roast?

Thebigone

Kilo Klub Member
Recently my step mom made a pot roast and I haven't had it in years and it is my new favorite meat. I was looking online and it seems that it has a lot of fat in it like 16 g of fat per 3 ounces but when I was looking at the tray with the pot roast the following day in the refrigerator I noticed all the fat was at the bottom of the tray and on the very top of the pot roast. The actual inside of the pot roast looks like pure meet with no fat there was no marbleized fat anywhere it just looked like pure meat. Would that be fat free or close to fat free if you just eat the actual meat?

Its nowhere near fat free. Its a fattier cut of beef altogether. A lot does cook off but there is still some in the meat.

Damn I knew it was too good to be true. Weird because I can't see any fat in the meat.

Recently my step mom made a pot roast and I haven't had it in years and it is my new favorite meat. I was looking online and it seems that it has a lot of fat in it like 16 g of fat per 3 ounces but when I was looking at the tray with the pot roast the following day in the refrigerator I noticed all the fat was at the bottom of the tray and on the very top of the pot roast. The actual inside of the pot roast looks like pure meet with no fat there was no marbleized fat anywhere it just looked like pure meat. Would that be fat free or close to fat free if you just eat the actual meat?

i will buy small pot roasts when marked down and slice it into little steaks and cook about three in skillet with olive oil. it will last several days. but yeah a roast slow cooked in a crock pot with all the drippings in the bottom is a really good tasting change up. add carrots and potatoes. man why did i have to see this thread.

How can there be fat if you cannot visibly see it? With ground beef you can see the fat when it's raw. With steak you can see the fatty areas and where the fat is marbilized in the steak. With pot roast the fat is only on the outside of it but the majority of the middle looks like pure meat with no visible fat at all. So how can it still contain fat?

Its nowhere near fat free. Its a fattier cut of beef altogether. A lot does cook off but there is still some in the meat.

yup and trying to separate the fat in the middle of the meat is a huge pain in the ass.

The fat is what keeps it tender and moist during slow cooking. That is if your using chuck roast. Try a top round cut and compare them...the top round will be dry as hell but very lean even when slowed cooked for 3-5 hrs vs chuck. You may not be able to see marbled fat in a cooked chuck but you can sure as help taste it.

A serving of pot roast contains about 12.7g of total fat, even the pot roast is frozen in refrigerator, it wouldn't be fat free.:naughty:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws