over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/T Homemade Healthy Mayonnaise Recipe

dragonfire101

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I became sick of not being able to eat chicken and tuna salad so I found this recipe and it worked great. Now I dont have to worry about heating up my chicken at work when I'm on the road and can bring chicken/tuna salad in a cooler. I thought I would share with anyone who wanats and alternative to those canola/soybean/ fuctose corn syrup Mayonnaise's

STEP #1 *PASTEURIZING EGGS AT HOME*

These (microwave method) eggs will have a slightly thickened texture, but can be used in the same way as raw egg yolks in Caesar Salad Dressing, Hollandaise or Bearnaise Sauces, Mayonnaise, certain Mousse recipes, or Eggnog.

In a small heatproof cup, such as a custard cup, mix together :
2 large egg yolks with
2 teaspoons, water - and
1 teaspoon, fresh lemon

Cover tightly with plastic wrap. Cook in microwave on high (100 percent) power, until mixture bubbles - about 30-40 seconds.

Remove the cup from the microwave. Carefully remove the plastic wrap, and stir the mixture with an impeccably clean fork.

Replace the plastic wrap over the cup. Microwave again on high power until the mixture bubbles again - this time it will take about 20 seconds to bubble. Allow the mixture to bubble (still microwaving on "high") for 5-10 additional seconds.

Remove the cup from the microwave, remove the plastic wrap once more, stir the egg yolks thoroughly with another clean fork, and allow the mixture to cool before using.

STEP#2

Ingredients:
Two large pasteurized egg yolks, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice or white wine vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1 cup oil. Extra light olive oil because of its very faint flavor instead of extra virgin olive oil.

Put the yolks, lemon juice, salt, and pepper into my mixing bowl and whisked until smooth and light.
Then whisked the oil, a few drops at a time, into the mixture.
The whisking will suspend the oil into the yolk mixture and adding the oil a little at a time will keep the mixture in a state of emulsion.
After about 1/4 cup of oil has been whisked in, you can speed up the pouring a bit. Make sure the mixture is back in emulsion before pouring any more oil. Once all the oil has been whisked in, you have mayonnaise. This is a good time to add any extras, a spoonful of Dijon mustard and extra salt and black pepper if desired.

Last edited:

Is there anykind of mayo substitute? I like eating tunu or chicken salad, but I love it with mayo.

Also has anyone ever tried small chunks of apple in their tuna or chicken salad? its great if you havnt.

mayo subsitute...

I use fatfree sour cream and add a little dijon mustard and even 1/2 pkt. sweetner. Pretty good. They also have a tofu mayo that's pretty healthy.

Tman2002 said:
Is there anykind of mayo substitute? I like eating tunu or chicken salad, but I love it with mayo.

Also has anyone ever tried small chunks of apple in their tuna or chicken salad? its great if you havnt.

Ill have to agree with the apples, it sounds kinda gross but man is it good!!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws