over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Can I get some TUNA Help? PLEASE!!

Momma Hutch

Registered
Ok, so I have two meals that I can have tuna... I cannot stand the taste, but it is so cheap and good for you... I would hate to lose out on the great benefits of eating it. Does anyone have any ideas on something that will mask that Horrid Tuna TASTE? I can eat it with Brown Rice or a Sweet Potato. I know Mustard is good and Salsa... looking for more interesting ideas.
~Thanks in advance
~Momma HUTCH

Shoyu Tuna

Here is one thing that I do. I mix two spoon fulls or tablespoons of shoyu (soy sauce) with two packets of equal. Cook both tuna and sauce in a pan sprayed with pam. Cook until your desired texture.I like to burn my a little :).. I don't know if you ever had maki sushi before but it taste just like it! Enjoy :D

Here is one thing that I do. I mix two spoon fulls or tablespoons of shoyu (soy sauce) with two packets of equal. Cook both tuna and sauce in a pan sprayed with pam. Cook until your desired texture.I like to burn my a little :).. I don't know if you ever had maki sushi before but it taste just like it! Enjoy :D

YUM!!!! I will try it tomorrow and let you know the outcome! :) Sounds so good... Thanks!

no prob...you can adjust the sauce to your liking also (sweeter or saltier)..i just like to use equal parts of equal and soy sauce :D I forgot to add that this was just for one can of tuna.. Hope you like it.

Last edited:
I hope you are refering to chunk light tuna in water?

I like some tapatio and 2 teaspoons of fat-free miracle whip as a spread (I just eat it w/o bread or wraps)

Last edited:
I hope you are refering to chunk light tuna in water?

I like some tapatio and 2 teaspoons of fat-free miracle whip as a spread (I just eat it w/o bread or wraps)

That sounds good too... tapatio... is that closer to tabasco or aunt chalulas? I like flavor! :)

That sounds good too... tapatio... is that closer to tabasco or aunt chalulas? I like flavor! :)

hotness.... tabasco

flavor? ... like nothing you have ever tasted :D

seriously.. I have a good friend who despises the vinegar flavor of most hot sauces..

tapatio is his all time favorite (and he likes OMFG MY MOUTH IS BURNING.. hot)

I put it on everything (when in the mood for it).. grilled king salmon, steak, eggs, tuna, burger, .....

its cheap too.. 1.50ish for a bottle so you can't go wrong

I've made this one a few times and I like it. I take the tuna and cook it with some Italian seasoning,table spoon of olive oil and some rotel(stewed tomatoes and peppers)and 8oz of tomato sauce. I take it and mix it with about a cup of cooked quinoa. You could substitute brown rice if you like. I think quinoa is pretty awesome it has a low gi index and is full of amino acids. I am not a big fish person but I do like it with tomato sauce.

Ok, so I have two meals that I can have tuna... I cannot stand the taste, but it is so cheap and good for you... I would hate to lose out on the great benefits of eating it. Does anyone have any ideas on something that will mask that Horrid Tuna TASTE? I can eat it with Brown Rice or a Sweet Potato. I know Mustard is good and Salsa... looking for more interesting ideas.
~Thanks in advance
~Momma HUTCH

I'm not quite sure if you can do this, but I gave up Tuna awhile back.

It typically costs about 60 cents a can near me. Now I can get a case of Tilipia that has 16 4oz fillets individually wrapped for $10.00. So the cost is about the same either way, and Tilipia tastes so much better, and you can do so many more things with it.

But thats just my two cents.:)

For me mixing with fresh salsa is the best.

When I am not so strict, I dice a little apple, celery, maybe a few grapes and a very small dab of fat.-free mayo

i eat 6-8 cans a day, i have tried adding things to make it better but eventually that gets old the best way i have found is to dump all the cans in a strainer and run water over it to rinse some of the fishy taste out, then i take a hamburger press and squeeze some of the water out of it. this takes most of the taste out of it, it is very bland this way.

it is also good with grits, sometimes i mix a pack of instant grits in with it.
i drink lots of water with mine to wash it down

For me mixing with fresh salsa is the best.

When I am not so strict, I dice a little apple, celery, maybe a few grapes and a very small dab of fat.-free mayo

HUTCH says salsa and mustard are the best! but I like the fresh salsa idea better... I might have to go buy "the bullet" or something or even "the chopper" :D I let you know how it goes... although i would love to have it with some tortilla chips instead of TUNA!!!!!!!!!:p

hotness.... tabasco

flavor? ... like nothing you have ever tasted :D

seriously.. I have a good friend who despises the vinegar flavor of most hot sauces..

tapatio is his all time favorite (and he likes OMFG MY MOUTH IS BURNING.. hot)

I put it on everything (when in the mood for it).. grilled king salmon, steak, eggs, tuna, burger, .....

its cheap too.. 1.50ish for a bottle so you can't go wrong

I gotta get me some TAPATIO! Does that website have where you can buy it? I just looked at the pic really quick.

HUTCH says salsa and mustard are the best! but I like the fresh salsa idea better... I might have to go buy "the bullet" or something or even "the chopper" :D I let you know how it goes... although i would love to have it with some tortilla chips instead of TUNA!!!!!!!!!:p

I am with you on those chips! I buy my salsa at the grocery in the refrigerated deli section. I like the Santa Barbara brand. $3 and its very very good. Some of the fresh salsas have sugar added! (isn't that called catsup?) so check the ingredients...

This is a awesome tuna...mix 2 cans tuna with one raw egg, make burger patties out of it, lightly cover in seasond flour, lightly pan fry with extra virgin/no trans fat. Tuna burgers, nice change of pace.

I like to mix my tuna with hummus:p instead of mayo when I make wraps and such. I find it tastes way better and hummus seems healthier than mayo.

Tuna Steaks

I enjoy tuna from the can and the suggestions I've seen here have all been great...I'm def going to try mixing with salsa. Have you ever considered getting the tuna "steaks" and preparing it that way? Just baking it in some lemon and seasoning would probably help a good deal.

Why not try some of Rolands smoked Kippers..... it is right next to the tuna cans. AND it has much more protein. I have these with some stone ground crackers and it's great! They are not in oil but water. They do not have that slimmy oil look to them like sardines do. You can pop the lid off and eat it right out of the can. Great smokey taste and will give you a change of pace from those tuna cans for a while.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear