over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Carb sensitivity

hotttsauce

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I have to be the most carb sensitive person in the world! Can look at a piece of bread and bloat!

I have to go to 25g or almost nothing to just get it under control. I wake up in the a.m. looking tight and great, then as the day goes ........ :( :( :(

Was curious how many others out there were hyper carb sensitive. Seems like I deplete my body so much I either rebound too much or not enough. Such a fine line. My super trainer does a FANTASTIC JOB considering my disability (only way I know of saying it).

Just wondered if anyone else struggled, was frustrated with it and how you dealt.

Guess this is 9 week contest AAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!

brother......................?

Hey Hott

Man do I feel for you.....
I have allergies to Wheat and Dairy.
I spent my whole life eating pizza and spaghetti and tons of wheat based breads, etc.
I thought what does it mean?
I get gas, bloat, heartburn from hell...digestitive problems all the way through.

SO the allergist told me the results of this scratch test...115 scratches into your back to which a small amount of the different allergens is applied.
So I know that I'm allergic to the wheat and lactose.
But potato and rice blow me up too.
I hold sooooo much water in my face if I eat this stuff.
Low carb levels like you describe and I look tighter, but feel like a zombie.

How do you train with the low energy?

Man, you have it bad Everlast! That has to be a super pain!

How do I do it ..... CRACK! LOL! Nah, I usually just walk around in a daze. I have Diverticulitis too, which makes it a real hassel, but ya cope, ya know?

you shouldnt be in a daze ... that doesnt make any sense...

if you were in a daze it would be because you were eating enough carbs to keep you out of ketosis, but not enough to power your body... you will will never get fat by eating enough carbs to power your body...because they will be going towards powering your body!!!

maybe im crazy, or maybe your confusing water weight with fat

you shouldnt be in a daze ... that doesnt make any sense...

if you were in a daze it would be because you were eating enough carbs to keep you out of ketosis, but not enough to power your body... you will will never get fat by eating enough carbs to power your body...because they will be going towards powering your body!!!

maybe im crazy, or maybe your confusing water weight with fat

I understand where you are coming from and a valid point. What I meant was about a diet simular to Ketosis. Guess I should have been more specific. Ketones, of course are a normal fuel source for the human body. They are produced by the liver from fatty acids, which result from the breakdown of body fat in response to the absence of glucose/sugar. In a keto diet, the amounts of glucose required for some select functions can be met by a few carbs added in. When the body is producing ketones, and using them for fuel, this is called "ketosis". Yea get the stale, bad breath, etc.

The lack of fats in a lean diet, minus the carbs to drive your normal functioning, at least with me, lead to short term memory glitches (where the hell are my keys .... again), fatigue, and all around giddyness (not sure if that is a word, but just go with me here).

I am actually going to be doing a more fat induced diet, minus carbs of course and see how it goes. Hopefully I wont be hooked on caffine just to operate like usual.

Make more sense now?

yeah i understand alll of that. what im saying is that i dont think you should be getting fat by eating an amount of carbs that will keep you out of a daze... by i can understand not being able to lose fat on a carb based diet without getting to that point of fuzziness.

yeah i understand alll of that. what im saying is that i dont think you should be getting fat by eating an amount of carbs that will keep you out of a daze... by i can understand not being able to lose fat on a carb based diet without getting to that point of fuzziness.

Well you must be one of the fortunate "carb tolorant"! Us, "carb sensatives" have a different route, and suffer :p :p :p

Well you must be one of the fortunate "carb tolorant"! Us, "carb sensatives" have a different route, and suffer :p :p :p

LOL! no..my body HATES carbs! the most ill ever do in one day is 200 grams. my average day is mor elike 100 though, and i only use oatmeal and brown rice. (well, pw i do 40g waxy maize). on non training days i only do carbs at breakfast. on training days i normally train first thing in the morning on some mct's and whey, then i do my waxy, then about 100 grams oatmeal, and thats about it.

but that is perfectly sufficient..because my body never burns carbs unless i am doing high intensity exercise. so i never feel foggy.

thats what i mean... that if your body doesnt burn carbs very quickly, you should be able to feel OKAY on low carbs, because you only NEED low carbs...

BUT, when im dieting, i definitely cant lose weight without being foggy, or without being in ketosis. so i understand what your saying. i really prefer ketosis to foggyness though.

LOL! no..my body HATES carbs! the most ill ever do in one day is 200 grams. my average day is mor elike 100 though, and i only use oatmeal and brown rice. (well, pw i do 40g waxy maize). on non training days i only do carbs at breakfast. on training days i normally train first thing in the morning on some mct's and whey, then i do my waxy, then about 100 grams oatmeal, and thats about it.

but that is perfectly sufficient..because my body never burns carbs unless i am doing high intensity exercise. so i never feel foggy.

thats what i mean... that if your body doesnt burn carbs very quickly, you should be able to feel OKAY on low carbs, because you only NEED low carbs...

BUT, when im dieting, i definitely cant lose weight without being foggy, or without being in ketosis. so i understand what your saying. i really prefer ketosis to foggyness though.

Well one thing is for sure. Foggyness (still not sure if that is a word, but it sounds cool) SUCKS!

SO....

You goin to add, what 50 gm of good fats overall?
coconut oil, anpb, olive oil, etc.?

keep the carbs at what 25-50 gm?
complex, but what?
rice, waxy maise pre and post WO?

You goin to add, what 50 gm of good fats overall?
coconut oil, anpb, olive oil, etc.?

keep the carbs at what 25-50 gm?
complex, but what?
rice, waxy maise pre and post WO?

Carbs will sit about 50-75
5,000mg fish oil
5 tbls. olive oil

GUESS WHAT?

I am very interested in what you find out!!!
If you increase energy, and that seems logical, with the increased oil it should have a protein sparing effect.
More energy and little more lean mass.

I want to know about how you feel mentally, and workout energy levels.
So food carbs, or waxy maise shakes pre and post?

Be more than happy to let you know how contest prep goes. If you or anybody else wants to chime in feel free.

Cutting out the shakes for a while, I tend to retain water BADLY! No waxy maize. Bulking and post contest I do 50+grams protein shake, with LBA's of course! (Plug for Phil) 2-3 per day with abuot 300-350 grams of protein and 250-300 grams of carbs. Not too many carbs (if I can stay away from pizza) immediately after contest.

I am a slow metabolism kinda guy, never use to be but past several years it has just slowed up. So have have to do tons of cardio. Last contest prep I was doing 3 to 3 1/2 a day. Right now I am at 55 mts am/35mts pm.

This will be the first real week of carb depletion, so I will let you know how it goes as it kicks in. Plenty of caffine pills (3, 100mg per day, plus 4 thermogenics) thru out the day.

Last edited:
Contest pic. Don't laugh too hard!

Attachments

• 1027761121_l.jpg
    1027761121_l.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 488
Last edited:
LSD OR HIIT?

Do you like the long slow distance or High Intensity Interval?
I have always done the LSD thinking low intensity was primarily fat fueled.
Now I wonder?
Don't want to burn muscle of course, but if it don't show through the fat it don't count huh?

I think your pics show some real dedication despite adversity.:D

Thanks...

Do you like the long slow distance or High Intensity Interval?
I have always done the LSD thinking low intensity was primarily fat fueled.
Now I wonder?
Don't want to burn muscle of course, but if it don't show through the fat it don't count huh?

I think your pics show some real dedication despite adversity.:D

Thanks...

I try to stay away from super high intervals (sprinting/high speed running)cause it tears up so much muscle.

4.0 or 5.0 degree

3.0, 3.6., 4.2 speed then of course repeat.

What have you been doing interval wise? Keep in mind I have the shortest legs in the world so that 4.2 is really booking it for me ..... lol!

Back in the day...

Track coach in high school called it "Fartlett" intervals. haha.
You go down thw road walking or jogging and then sprint for a designated interval...say between the power poles, or about 100 yds. Then Double poles to calm the heartrate and then sprint again. Just about the time your heart rate gets down you pop it again.
Only can do 4-5 sprints like that and I'm sucking wind. less than a mile or so total.
It's more for speeding up the metabolism, fat burning is supposed to follow.

I start out on LSD treadmill at 3mph and 0 degree incline. Then after a few minutes gradually increase to a 4-5 degree incline at around 4 mph.

Hey I got the short leg friction about to catch fire at that point.
30 min this week AM empty stomach.

Think I'll stay with this and add an evening session in a week or two.

Track coach in high school called it "Fartlett" intervals. haha.
You go down thw road walking or jogging and then sprint for a designated interval...say between the power poles, or about 100 yds. Then Double poles to calm the heartrate and then sprint again. Just about the time your heart rate gets down you pop it again.
Only can do 4-5 sprints like that and I'm sucking wind. less than a mile or so total.
It's more for speeding up the metabolism, fat burning is supposed to follow.

I start out on LSD treadmill at 3mph and 0 degree incline. Then after a few minutes gradually increase to a 4-5 degree incline at around 4 mph.

Hey I got the short leg friction about to catch fire at that point.
30 min this week AM empty stomach.

Think I'll stay with this and add an evening session in a week or two.

AM empty cardio and pm cardio seems to work best for me, I just hate getting up at the weeeeee hours of dawn to get it in before traveling for work!

I've been intrigued by whats being written here. I used to rely on carbs, my fullness would be spectacular if I just ate all the carbs I could, now, I too, have to limit myself to less than 100 per day, tops, and usually just in the way of oatmeal and trace carbs from veggies. It seems like the last few months, my body has just hated carbs and no matter what cannot seem to shred the fat. Carbs just bloat my face up and make me look like shit... I too look great in the morning, but my evening I practically want to end it all!

I've been intrigued by whats being written here. I used to rely on carbs, my fullness would be spectacular if I just ate all the carbs I could, now, I too, have to limit myself to less than 100 per day, tops, and usually just in the way of oatmeal and trace carbs from veggies. It seems like the last few months, my body has just hated carbs and no matter what cannot seem to shred the fat. Carbs just bloat my face up and make me look like shit... I too look great in the morning, but my evening I practically want to end it all!

I feel your pain. I am actually going to increase fat intake (good fats that is) add an additional meal (6 total) and decrease carbs to about 20-25g or less and see how it goes.

I spill over easily and can be flat without the right amount. Timing it out is everything.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131