over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

COTTAGE CHEESE

Ali

Registered
Hey guys,

Was wondering if you CC fans can help me out. I have never tried this protien source in the past and with it being such a Healthy,cheap and convienent source of food why not add it to my diet.

So, i went to the store and i bought a 1% version. My dilemaa is my current macro breakdown is 50g protien, 15g carbs and 30g fats. One serviing of this stuff gives me 12g protien, 1gram fat and 7gram carbs.

So this is what i did...

1/2 cup of CC
1.5 oz of banana
2 tbs of Olive oil
8 tbs of Lba- Chocolate.

long story short..it was pretty gross LOL This was way too much liquid for that small amount of CC. I only went 1/2 cup becuase i wanted to add a fruit, since 1cup would of maxed my carb intake. It was like drinking a soup lol

I guess worse case scenario i can just do a full cup of this stuff and use no fruit..but i'm assuming it doesn't taste to good without fruit? I took a quick taste when i opened it up and it wasnt too great.

Any ideas for using CC and meeting these macros?
Thanks guys...

You will have to figure your own macros out but I like to mix: 2% Cottage cheese, Apples "cubed" raisins and walnuts....

Just an idea.............:eek:

Use another flavor of LBAs would be my suggestion, strawberry, lime, tropical flavours, banana, vanilla etc (or protein powder if you're allowed). You can also add almond extract or lemon extract, sugar-free jam etc.

I also like peanut or almond butter, sprinkle it with cinnamon, cardamom and a touch of ground clove (strong flavour but powerful anti-oxidant).

Try it!

You will have to figure your own macros out but I like to mix: 2% Cottage cheese, Apples "cubed" raisins and walnuts....

Just an idea.............:eek:

I have no problem figuring out my own macros, i was just looking for some help on making this CC tasty when on very low carbs. I will give your idea a shot. Thanks

The only way to eat cottage cheese:

I buy dry cottage cheese, which is something like 0.4% mf. It has more protein than normal cottage cheese, at comes in at a whopping 22 grams per HALF a cup. 110calories, 0.5 grams of fat, 22 grams protein, 3 grams carbs. What i do, is take a cup (44 grams of protein), and heat it up in the microwave, just enough to warm it, about a minute on high. Then i stir in 2 tbsps of splenda, 2 tbsps of natty PB, and 1-2 tbsps LBAs sometimes, if i have any lol.

It comes out to about 420 calories, 17 grams fat, 50 grams protein, 12 carbs. :)

I buy dry cottage cheese, which is something like 0.4% mf. It has more protein than normal cottage cheese, at comes in at a whopping 22 grams per HALF a cup. 110calories, 0.5 grams of fat, 22 grams protein, 3 grams carbs. What i do, is take a cup (44 grams of protein), and heat it up in the microwave, just enough to warm it, about a minute on high. Then i stir in 2 tbsps of splenda, 2 tbsps of natty PB, and 1-2 tbsps LBAs sometimes, if i have any lol.

It comes out to about 420 calories, 17 grams fat, 50 grams protein, 12 carbs. :)

This is the type of stuff i was looking for... low carb ! Thanks bro. Only problem is your not counting the 7+ grams of carbs your getting from the Natty PB, are you? That would take this total to roughly 20grams.

U have a pic of the brand you use bro..those stats are perfect!!! If you could post it or send me a PM with more info it would be very much appreciated!

RJ

have yall tried frumunda cheese? "cheese from down under"

i get the ff cc and put a packet of splenda and some cinnamon.. tastes pretty yummy like that and i used to hate cc

I used to use cottage cheese and cookies and creame muscle milk. It was a thick clumpy mixture that tasted pretty damn good. I used to eat it before bed and it kept me full all night.

I used to use cottage cheese and cookies and creame muscle milk. It was a thick clumpy mixture that tasted pretty damn good. I used to eat it before bed and it kept me full all night.

Damn that sounds pretty good!

I love cottage cheese, I use it quite often for my source of protein, it's fast and easy.

This is my favorite with cottage cheese

1/2 cup cottage cheese
1 can drained tuna
1/4 lowest carb salsa
splash of some good hot stuff

or
4 home grown eggs made into omelet
1/4 cup cottage cheese
1/4 cup slice mushrooms

Giddyup73

1/2 cup cottage cheese
1 can drained tuna
1/4 lowest carb salsa

or
1/4 cup cottage cheese
1/4 cup slice mushrooms

Giddyup73

Cool Thanks for the quick recipe ideas bro

1/2 cup cottage cheese
1 can drained tuna
1/4 lowest carb salsa

or
1/4 cup cottage cheese
1/4 cup slice mushrooms

Giddyup73

On the second dish, what do you do? Is it cooked into an omelet with the ingredients or are they on the side? Very good recipe, I have one similar, but I add in Habaneros and or seronos, Jalapenos, my wife loves super-hot dishes!

Thanks for sharing, I will try the cottage cheese, (I usually use swiss)

I first use olive oil and quickly cook the mushroom. I then Make the omelet and put the 1/4 cup cottage cheese and spread it out so it gets hot and then add the cooked mushrooms. Fold it over and eat it. YUM

I very this time to time. I also like peperchinis and some snake bite.
Snake bite is some wow that's hot stuff from Texas hot sauce. Burn the hair right off your tongue.

Also try this Mrs Dash All flavors, Tomato basil,garlic, South West Chipotle AWESOME with cottage cheese.

I even stuff pork chops with cottage cheese and south west chipotle ( Home grown Piggys) very lean. very good with a big salad.

This may sound gross but I like it suger free flavored jello and cottage cheese mixed up together. kinda like a fruit salad. with out fruit.

giddyup73

That sounds great! Thank you.

I'm going to post of few of my recipes on here as well, since everyone's been so kind.

Damn just bought some cottage cheese tonight and threw some grapes in with some evoo and chopped it around a bit. Tasted great!!! I cant be too creative with only 25 carbs per meal. But it was something different. Glad you guys brought cottage cheese to my attention. Cant wait to try the recipes down the road!

i get the ff cc and put a packet of splenda and some cinnamon.. tastes pretty yummy like that and i used to hate cc

This worked out very well...simple and tasty. Felt like i was eating a rice pudding :) Only proble is it wasn't enough protein, since i am only able to do 2 servings of Cottage cheese to keep myself at the 15g carb mark, i had to add Lbas to it and it just waters it down and makes it like a soup...wasn't a fan of adding lba. I guess i'll just have to drink my lba on the side, unless anyone has any suggestions of how they add extra protien to it and make it tasty

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws