over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Slow Cooker Recipes

papapumpsd

Registered
I just purchased a digital slow cooker. The digital is nice because you can set it and forget it basically.

Does anyone have any low sodium recipes for a cooker? I've only come across 1-2 with the search fxn. I don't eat red meat or pork so I'm left with ground chicken, ground turkey, or chicken breasts (whole or shredded).

I think ground turkey with a chili powder packet added and some garbonzo beans would be pretty good, but you'd prob. have to toss in some diced tomates or something to make it a "chili" or stew. My g/f made some chicken chili and it was awesome. I'll have to see if she can make that in the slow cooker.

Last edited:
I went to allrecipes.com and they have LOADS of recipes. Here's one for BBQ chicken, and I love BBQ! I just have to becareful of the sugar in the BBQ sauces (and maybe the sodium too)...maybe make my own.

Zesty Slow Cooker Chicken Barbecue
***I altered the recipe to make 10 chxn breasts***

INGREDIENTS
10 frozen skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1-2/3 (12 ounce) bottles barbeque sauce
3/4 cup and 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon Italian salad dressing
1/3 cup and 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon brown sugar
3 tablespoons and 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

DIRECTIONS
Place chicken in a slow cooker. In a bowl, mix the barbeque sauce, Italian salad dressing, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over the chicken.
Cover, and cook 3 to 4 hours on High or 6 to 8 hours on Low.

Nutritional Information
Zesty Slow Cooker Chicken Barbecue
Servings Per Recipe: 10

Amount Per Serving

Calories: 291

Total Fat: 12.9g
Cholesterol: 61mg
Sodium: 719mg
Total Carbs: 19g
Dietary Fiber: 0.7g
Protein: 24.1g

yum..

there are really good recipes on here....under recipes forum...I think you will see a few for chicken chili.....great, now I want chili!!! I make a good one too, just can't have it now.

My problem is that ever since I moved I don't have a grill. This sucks! I usually gill bulk chicken breasts or turkey patties. So I have to get something that'll cook in bulk again and a big slow cooker seems ideal. I can get home and have dinner waiting for me. :D

papa ill make you up a few recipe's today and pm them to you. i just need to know what macro ratio's your looking for and what carb and fat sources you allow yourself.

papa ill make you up a few recipe's today and pm them to you. i just need to know what macro ratio's your looking for and what carb and fat sources you allow yourself.

Hey bud, much appreciated :)

I prefer lower carb recipes. I know it's hard to do a BBQ because of the sugars and sodium, but if you got something clever, def let me know.

For carbs, I keep them low glycemic (think garbanzo beans...mmm, love them! Ezekiel products too. GI <=35 basically).

For fats, I don't worry too much about them. I tend to keep the meats lean as well as the fish. I also like nuts/seeds.

Hope this helps!

chicken and sweet potatoe stew.
1 carrot peeled and chopped
1 chopped onion
2 sweet potatoes peeled and diced
1 stalk celery diced
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cups low sodium chicken stock
2 cloves of minced garlic
1 lb chicken breast cubed
1 tsp sage
1 tsp rosemary
1 pinch clove
salt and pepper to taste.

take the olive oil and quick sautee the carrot, onion, garlic, and celery.
after 3 min on high heat put in in the slow cooker with the raw chicken and stir for one min.
add everything else.
after 2 hours taste it and re season. let it cook for a nother hour or 2 and enjoy.

Chef to the Massive

TKav, you should be a personal chef to someone like Jay Cutler, or Ronnie. You seem to have some badass ideas for healthy meals. I wonder if Jay has a live- in personal chef, you know like Hef has?

If I make it to the big time, I'll holler atcha, until then I think I'll make a batch of that stew. Thanks hoss!

If you like bbq you will like this.. I made it up on the spot one day and it was amazing!!! I used a large crock pot for this and i got 7lbs of lean porkroast to start.. I marinated it in worstisheir sauce and garlic. I let it sit for about 3 hours.. Second i put in in the pot on low and poured in 1/2 bottle of regular coke and 1 can of pineapples as well as a cup of brown sugar and one minced onion.. I put in the pot at around 10Pm and when i woke up at 6 it was done and so sweet and juicy!! All you have to do is shred it with a couple forks and add sauce and you have an amaing bbq sweet pork sandwiches!! :st:r-wars

I'm getting so hungry from these recipes! Thanks for posting fellas! I cannot wait to get my cooker going. :D

TKav, you should be a personal chef to someone like Jay Cutler, or Ronnie. You seem to have some badass ideas for healthy meals. I wonder if Jay has a live- in personal chef, you know like Hef has?

If I make it to the big time, I'll holler atcha, until then I think I'll make a batch of that stew. Thanks hoss!

that would be a cool job, a variation of chef to the stars...only one problem...my resounding lack of credentials.:confused:

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws