over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Smoking meats - Traeger smoker / grill

Gators

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Got one of these bad boys a month or so ago, and WOW, what a way to make meats taste muuuch better. It's very simple, it's fueled by wood pellets that are fed by a auger that automatically gives it the right amount. Basically what i do is put it on 'smoke' setting, smoke for 2-3 hrs, then turn it to high to finish it off (chicken and pork have to get internal temp to 160). It also grills a kick butt steak, unbelievable flavor. They aren't cheap (600-700) but being a recent bachelor, i figured it was a no brainer, i don't have to support my ex's fledgling interior decorating business anymore:D

I've found brining the meat for 4-6 hrs helps keep it moist, and i'll usually marinade for a day following the brining. Chicken breast can be tricky to keep moist, 2 hrs of smoking at the most, much past that it gets dry.

Anyone else smoking?

**broken link removed**

Got one of these bad boys a month or so ago, and WOW, what a way to make meats taste muuuch better. It's very simple, it's fueled by wood pellets that are fed by a auger that automatically gives it the right amount. Basically what i do is put it on 'smoke' setting, smoke for 2-3 hrs, then turn it to high to finish it off (chicken and pork have to get internal temp to 160). It also grills a kick butt steak, unbelievable flavor. They aren't cheap (600-700) but being a recent bachelor, i figured it was a no brainer, i don't have to support my ex's fledgling interior decorating business anymore:D

I've found brining the meat for 4-6 hrs helps keep it moist, and i'll usually marinade for a day following the brining. Chicken breast can be tricky to keep moist, 2 hrs of smoking at the most, much past that it gets dry.

Anyone else smoking?

**broken link removed**

i think if i had one of those I would go ahead and buy a farm full of cattle and pigs and never eat out again.....

I saw these at ACE and was giving it much consideration and now I will have to give it even more.
Don't they also have flavored wood pellets you can purchase as well? I bet with your brining process in combination with the flavor from smoking over flavored pellets you could have some insanely good meats

Vt, already in cattle business, sort of, own about 100 w/ my dad, who owns another 300. When i get hungry, i just go take a shoulder off a calf, haha, JK.

Yeah, they have about 5-6 different flavored pellets, using oak and apple right now. Smoking is better on fatty cuts, but yeah, w/ the brining and marinating w/ whatever marinade (i really like jerk marin.) plus some evoo, it does well, but really only need a couple hours smoking. Getting a dig. therm. really helps, once it gets to the necessary internal temp it's done.

Been eating on a smoked pork tenderloin the last couple days, amazing! It's also easy to smoke whole chickens w/ the skin on, keeps it moist, and my daughters will eat the legs and thighs...

Anyone else smoking?

**broken link removed**
What does one of those babies run for?

about $1100, for that price it better cook some of the best tasting meet you have ever had

you can get the smaller one, which i have (lil tex) for roughly $600.... and yes, the meat is unbelievable!

BRADLEY SMOKERS

HERES SOME SMOKERS THAT ARE A LITTLE CHEAPER YOU CAN GET THIS ONE FOR 299.00 AT CABELAS **broken link removed**

Was considering adding one of these of the "Big Green Egg", this spring.

Yeah, there are cheaper smokers, but since a buddy is a dealer, i bought it at cost:). My B-inlaw has a BGE, and WOW the food is excellent off that sucker, but i now like my traegar as it's so easy to operate and can go from smoking to high heat grill at the flip of a switch, all i do is keep wood pellets in the hopper and chow down. I think either of the other 2 mentioned will basically do the same thing, it's like do you like ford, chevy, or dodge kinda thing.

Any good 'recipes' or tricks for smoking lean meats, lean is much harder to keep moist than fatty cuts

Anyone else smoking?

**broken link removed**

That is a beautiful cooking unit. Somethng I love to do when time permits is grille,,,a smoker would be another adventure for me to try with my foods.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws