over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

frozen dinners?

therecanonlybe1

Registered
my life is beyond hectic and my diet sucks supreme ass. was curious to know if anyone is aware of a somewhat decent frozen dinner that i can take on the run that would aid in my diet.
thanx

Kashi has a couple. You just need to read the back of the boxes. Pick up a bag of pre-cooked season chicken and add to them.

I like the SMART ONES brand dinners. Not all of them.......they have few chicken and broccoli, turkey and green beans, and Salisbury steak and green beans that are rather good for your and they cook in 4 mins..

As a Chef of 20 years experience, only problem I have with frozen food is some people use micro-wave and its very dangerous. It can give you cancer later in life.

Best to cook it slowly in the pot or oven rather than the micro-wave.

As a Chef of 20 years experience, only problem I have with frozen food is some people use micro-wave and its very dangerous. It can give you cancer later in life.

cause the plastic? I just read an article on plastics and cancer. Crazy stuff.

article below

Roy Johnson

On the Ellen show, Sheryl Crow said this is what caused her breast cancer. It has been identified as the most common cause of the high levels of dioxin in breast cancer tissue.
Sheryl Crow's oncologist told her:
women should not drink bottled water that has been left in a car.
The heat reacts with the chemicals in the plastic of the bottle which releases dioxin into the water. Dioxin is a toxin increasingly found in breast cancer tissue.
So please be careful and do not drink bottled water that has been left in a car. Pass this on to all the women in your life.
This information is the kind we need to know that just might save us! Use a stainless steel canteen or a glass bottle instead of plastic!
LET EVERYONE WHO HAS A WIFE / GIRLFRIEND /
DAUGHTER KNOW PLEASE!
This information is also being circulated at Walter Reed Army Medical Center
[] NO MICROWAVE FOR ANYTHING, PERIOD.
No plastic containers in microwave.
No water bottles in freezer
No plastic wrap in microwave.
A dioxin chem ical causes cancer, especially breast cancer.
Dioxins are highly poisonous to the cells of our bodies.
Don't freeze your plastic bottles with water in them as this releases dioxins from the plastic.
Recently, Edward Fujimoto, Wellness Program Manager at Castle Hospital, was on a TV program to explain this health hazard.
He talked about dioxins and how bad they are for us.
He said that we should not be heating our food in the microwave [] AT ANY TIME using plastic containers...
This especially applies as to foods that contain fat.
He said that the combination of fat, high heat, =2 0 and plastic releases dioxin into the food and ultimately into the cells of the body...[] FOOD IS NOT COOKED, IT IS NUKED. USE YOUR MICROWAVE FOR STORAGE AND UNPLUG IT.
Instead, he recommends using glass, such as Corning Ware, Pyrex or ceramic containers for heating food… [] AND TO STORE YOUR FOOD
You get the same results, only without the dioxin..
So such things as TV dinners, instant ramen and soups, etc., should be removed from the container and heated in something else.
Paper isn't bad but you don't know what is in the paper. 0A
It's just safer to use tempered glass, Corning Ware, etc.
He reminded us that a while ago some of the fast food restaurants moved away from the foam containers to paper. The dioxin problem is one of the reasons...
Also, he pointed out that plastic wrap, such as Saran wrap, is just as dangerous when placed over foods to be cooked in the microwave. As the food is nuked, the high heat causes poisonous toxins to actually melt out of the plastic wrap and drip into the food. [] FOOD IS ZAPPED AND CHANGED MOLECULARLY. USE CONVECTION OVEN. MANY SIZES ARE ON THE MARKET.
Cover food with a paper towel instead.

Comment- This is a companion story to the one previously. Dioxins interestingly are released from pulp mills. Jacksonville has been known in the past to have an unusually high incidence of lung cancer. Isn’t it funny how we looked at traffic, bridges and everything imaginable but not important local industry! Fortunately, dioxin discharge has decreased but is probably not zero. Dioxins were the main components of agent orange.

cpesloco, that's right! I heard last year that someone put a baby bottle in the microwave for like 5 sec's etc and the baby actually died. I can look for that info somewhere on the net.

That's the danger of Microwave!! It's very unnatural to cook food way too fast.

Here is some info:

Microwaves unsafe for baby's milk

A number of warnings have been made public, but have been barely noticed. For example, Young Families, the Minnesota Extension Service of the University of Minnesota, published the following in 1989:

"Although microwaves heat food quickly, they are not recommended for heating a baby's bottle. The bottle may seem cool to the touch, but the liquid inside may become extremely hot and could burn the baby's mouth and throat.

Also, the buildup of steam in a closed container, such as a baby bottle, could cause it to explode. Heating the bottle in a microwave can cause slight changes in the milk. In infant formulas, there may be a loss of some vitamins.

In expressed breast milk, some protective properties may be destroyed. Warming a bottle by holding it under tap water, or by setting it in a bowl of warm water, then testing it on your wrist before feeding may take a few minutes longer, but it is much safer."

Also this:

Microwave sickness is discovered

The Russians did research on thousands of workers who had been exposed to microwaves during the development of radar in the 1950's. Their research showed health problems so serious that the Russians set strict limits of 10 microwatts exposure for workers and one microwatt for civilians.

In Robert O. Becker's book, The Body Electric, he described Russian research on the health effects of microwave radiation, which they called "microwave sickness." On page 314, Becker states:

"It's [Microwave sickness] first signs are low blood pressure and slow pulse. The later and most common manifestations are chronic excitation of the sympathetic nervous system [stress syndrome] and high blood pressure.

This phase also often includes headache, dizziness, eye pain, sleeplessness, irritability, anxiety, stomach pain, nervous tension, inability to concentrate, hair loss, plus an increased incidence of appendicitis, cataracts, reproductive problems, and cancer.

The chronic symptoms are eventually succeeded by crisis of adrenal exhaustion and ischemic heart disease [the blockage of coronary arteries and heart attacks]."

According to Dr. Lee, changes are observed in the blood chemistries and the rates of certain diseases among consumers of microwaved foods. The symptoms above can easily be caused by the observations shown below. The following is a sample of these changes:

Lymphatic disorders were observed, leading to decreased ability to prevent certain types of cancers.

An increased rate of cancer cell formation was observed in the blood.
Increased rates of stomach and intestinal cancers were observed.
Higher rates of digestive disorders and a gradual breakdown of the systems of elimination were observed.

Health Choice Cafe steamers. They are bowls that steam in the microwave. They are great.

I use Healthy Choice and Lean Cuisine. The only problem is that it is loaded with sodium. All of them seem to be. I am tring to get more shakes in b/c of this...including the microwave thing.

BTW...get a Nu-Wave oven...the best thing I have bought in a while. And portable....I love that thing!

my life is beyond hectic and my diet sucks supreme ass. was curious to know if anyone is aware of a somewhat decent frozen dinner that i can take on the run that would aid in my diet.
thanx

These are often loaded in sodium so be aware of that when looking.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws