over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Rotisserie Chicken

Alex A

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
I love the stuff ......but avoid it while dieting because it seems to tasty and juicy to be contest prep friendly enough for me..

I know there is a bunch of salt added to the skin which is ok with me.. but.. does anyone know how most places make it?

There are a lot of middle eastern chicken joints all over town that have pretty awesome chicken...but cant trust others cooking...

Do they take the bird... roll it in salt.. maybe even some butter or olive oil? or inject it with oil.. The stuff is way to juicy and tasty...

I would love to eat it during my prep but wont.. i know there is more to this food than what you see..

haha. I know what u mean. I had it a couple times while dieting and it was so moist I knew somthign just wasnt right. that tastes to good to be diet food. Yah I think they inject em and maybe fry em real fast and then bake them. probably a little fat but a doubt much. but when ur eating the whole chicken like we do it may make a few hundo calories diffrence.

I am now in offseason mode so I am definelty going to be finding a way to staple it into my diet. they taste so freakin good on salad

haha. I know what u mean. I had it a couple times while dieting and it was so moist I knew somthign just wasnt right. that tastes to good to be diet food. Yah I think they inject em and maybe fry em real fast and then bake them. probably a little fat but a doubt much. but when ur eating the whole chicken like we do it may make a few hundo calories diffrence.

I am now in offseason mode so I am definelty going to be finding a way to staple it into my diet. they taste so freakin good on salad

I hear you man.. i can eat a whole chicken.. its so juicy.. i like it cooked well.. there is a place called Zankou chicken.. the best ive ever had...

They have some great garlic sauce for it too... but the chicken is just so salty and tasty.. too good to be true... was wondering what they are doing to the damn thing!

For the "do-it-yourself-er's," here is a good site to show how to do your own rotisserie chicken so you know what the hell you are eating haha.

**broken link removed**

believe you me..i keep kroger in business..for 4.99 a chicken..can't beat it..food for the day with some salad...

Alex

this is one of my favorites things....I used to get it every Friday..no reason, other than I love it....alone, or with green beans, or rice, or on bread.....

All i know is that they inject it with the flavor,. not sure what it is...but its yum, yum good:)

the bird cooks in its own juices...along with some extra JUICES they add!!!! :eek:

butter, oil, herbs, sprayed on regularly. The bird is cooked in a little glass 'room' so the juices evaporate off and then condensate and then drip back down on it. Collected below and are sprayed back on. That bird loves its fucking juices man.

Mmmmm juices

/homer simpson

Middle Eastern Chicken Recipe

Hi Alex,

This is what I do. I buy a whole Chicken and rub the Chermoula all over the Chicken and marinade over night, and follow this recipe. The secret to juicy and tender meat is Basting or Marinating.
After I roast this chicken, I take the fat off and you still have those wonderful Middle Eastern Flavours from the Marinating...

I start this recipe by making my own harissa & chermoula pastes. These days you can buy delicious pre made condiments & marinades from your local gourmet store, but I love to start from scratch and make my own, as fresh is always best.

Harissa
3 Large, roasted Red capsicums peeled and deseeded
1 small Red chilli
2 Cloves Garlic
2 tablespoons roasted and ground cumin seeds
2 tablespoons roasted and ground coriander seeds
½ teaspoon Sea Salt
1/3 cup Olive Oil

Chermoula Chicken
8 chicken thighs skinless and boneless
Chermoula Marinade
¼ cup Harissa from jar or see recipe
½ cup chopped Parsley
½ cup chopped Mint
½ cup chopped Coriander
2 Cloves Garlic
½ teaspoon Cinnamon
1 small Lemon roughly chopped, seeds removed
¼ cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon sea salt

Harissa
Blend all ingredients together in blender until smooth
Taste for chilli factor and seasoning.
Chermoula Chicken
Trim any excess fat off chicken & marinate in chermoula for at least 1hr prior to cooking.
Seal chicken on both sides in a non-stick pan and finish cooking in 180 fan oven 20 to 25 minutes, depending on thickness of thighs.

Chermoula Marinade
Blend all marinade ingredients together in blender until smooth.

Middle Eastern Chicken Breast Fillets
Bake in 180 fan oven for 1/2 hr, turning once during cooking time.
Seal chicken on both sides in a non-stick pan and finish cooking in 180 fan oven 20 to 25 minutes, depending on thickness of Chicken Breast.

You can look for Chermoula recipe on the net and use that to marinade the Chickens. Marinade the Chicken with the skin/fat on and when I cook it, I peel the skin off and you have a nice lean Middle Eastern Chicken.

I get tired of chicken breast day after day. The rottiserie chicken is a wonderful cheat meal.

I agree with Alfresco. Almost without an exception every time I ask what keeps it so "juicy" the answer is brining.

Thats why even "grilled" offerings from Chic-fil-a and others have such a high sodium content.

BTW Costco has terrific Rotisserie.

I agree with Alfresco. Almost without an exception every time I ask what keeps it so "juicy" the answer is brining.

Thats why even "grilled" offerings from Chic-fil-a and others have such a high sodium content.

BTW Costco has terrific Rotisserie.

I like roasted chicken just as well. Put a whole chicken in a roasting pan on a rack. Set oven at 450 deg. for 1 hr. I just rub some olive oil on it with a little black pepper. I also put a couple of carrots in the pan with some garlic cloves and roast them as well. Then I let it sit for 10 minutes and it's jucy and healthy. :)

Hi Alex,

This is what I do. I buy a whole Chicken and rub the Chermoula all over the Chicken and marinade over night, and follow this recipe. The secret to juicy and tender meat is Basting or Marinating.
After I roast this chicken, I take the fat off and you still have those wonderful Middle Eastern Flavours from the Marinating...

I start this recipe by making my own harissa & chermoula pastes. These days you can buy delicious pre made condiments & marinades from your local gourmet store, but I love to start from scratch and make my own, as fresh is always best.

Harissa
3 Large, roasted Red capsicums peeled and deseeded
1 small Red chilli
2 Cloves Garlic
2 tablespoons roasted and ground cumin seeds
2 tablespoons roasted and ground coriander seeds
½ teaspoon Sea Salt
1/3 cup Olive Oil

Chermoula Chicken
8 chicken thighs skinless and boneless
Chermoula Marinade
¼ cup Harissa from jar or see recipe
½ cup chopped Parsley
½ cup chopped Mint
½ cup chopped Coriander
2 Cloves Garlic
½ teaspoon Cinnamon
1 small Lemon roughly chopped, seeds removed
¼ cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon sea salt

Harissa
Blend all ingredients together in blender until smooth
Taste for chilli factor and seasoning.
Chermoula Chicken
Trim any excess fat off chicken & marinate in chermoula for at least 1hr prior to cooking.
Seal chicken on both sides in a non-stick pan and finish cooking in 180 fan oven 20 to 25 minutes, depending on thickness of thighs.

Chermoula Marinade
Blend all marinade ingredients together in blender until smooth.

Middle Eastern Chicken Breast Fillets
Bake in 180 fan oven for 1/2 hr, turning once during cooking time.
Seal chicken on both sides in a non-stick pan and finish cooking in 180 fan oven 20 to 25 minutes, depending on thickness of Chicken Breast.

You can look for Chermoula recipe on the net and use that to marinade the Chickens. Marinade the Chicken with the skin/fat on and when I cook it, I peel the skin off and you have a nice lean Middle Eastern Chicken.

Can I come to your house for dinner? It will only take me 18-20 hours to fly there....;)

Sure! Let me know when and I will pick you up.

I could go for some El Pollo Loco or Zankou right about now.. :D

I could go for some El Pollo Loco or Zankou right about now.. :D

Zankou is the best.. they have a sandwich called chicken tarna...

oh man.. i could eat 3 of them.. its the sauce they put on.. its tahini sauce.

their chickens are awesome.. so salty and good.. i was addicted for a while.

Theres that one in hollywood, glendale and a few in the valley now..

Even one in burbank...

I think the original one is in Hollywood...

they even have some good rice now too..

I always fit in 2 Costco Rotisserie chickens a week. They are the biggest..... and juiciest..

:D

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420