over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

raw tuna sashimi

PsyT

Banned
I cut up pieces of raw tuna and lay it over clumps of rice. I make up a couple pounds of tuna at a time (thats many many pieces) then stick it in fridge and eat over 24 hours. Wasabi and light sodium soy sauce. Its expensive but its really awesome protein...I feel like my body must absorb the tuna better (or something) than other meats...

anybody else love raw tuna??? :)

I love bluefin from sushi restaurants, never tried to make my own. I've heard sushi chefs use a special grade or type of fish for sashimi. What kind of tuna do you buy and where do you buy it? Sounds tempting

i just buy the regular tuna steaks whatever they have...i only buy it when it looks very good (well I am on a budget or I would buy it more often :eek:)

You would be suprised at the price differences in places that sell more quantities of it.

Very high end grocery store down the road 9.99 per pounds local kroger 14,99 per pound not nearly as high quality.

I have 1/2 pound daily.

The difference is that sushi grade is frozen to really cold temps in order to kill parasites.

The difference is that sushi grade is frozen to really cold temps in order to kill parasites.

It has to do w/ the freshness and when/where the fish was butchered and cleaned and the slime layer (keeps bacteria out).

Freezing fish takes a massive bite out of the flavor and is ineffective at killing bacteria for the most part. Most bacteria simply go dormant in cold even freezing temperatures.

It has to do w/ the freshness and when/where the fish was butchered and cleaned and the slime layer (keeps bacteria out).

Freezing fish takes a massive bite out of the flavor and is ineffective at killing bacteria for the most part. Most bacteria simply go dormant in cold even freezing temperatures.

Wrong.
Sushi grade fish has to have been frozen for 7 days at negative 4 degrees fahrenheit or flash frozen for 15 hours at negative 31 degrees.
This is required by FDA regulations. It is effective at killing harmful bacteria and especially parasites.

Whether or not your local stores abide is subject to debate.

Wrong.
Sushi grade fish has to have been frozen for 7 days at negative 4 degrees fahrenheit or flash frozen for 15 hours at negative 31 degrees.
This is required by FDA regulations. It is effective at killing harmful bacteria and especially parasites.

Whether or not your local stores abide is subject to debate.

Interesting just googled man, looks like my fish guy was wrong. Still reading though that the freezing actually kills off a minimal amount of bacteria. Wonder why its necessay? Kills off the parasites which I guess is the main concern.

Interesting just googled man, looks like my fish guy was wrong. Still reading though that the freezing actually kills off a minimal amount of bacteria. Wonder why its necessay? Kills off the parasites which I guess is the main concern.

yeah, most of the bacteria your digestive system should be able to handle. The main point of freezing is to kill any parasites. You don't want any of these guys.....
YouTube - Tapeworm canned salmon parasite

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner