over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Chess Set made out of Margarine!

BigChef

Kilo Klub/Moderator
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Hey Oldfella,

Here is the pics and Certificate that I enter into Salon Culinaire Competition in 2000....

I had to do this after work at home and took me like approx 4 weeks. This is made out of Flex which is a Pastry margarine used for Puff Pastry etc...

Reason I made it in Chess set because I love playing Chess. I used to play in Chess competition as well.

Last edited:
what did you place???

Hey Oldfella,

Here is the pics and Certificate that I enter into Salon Culinaire Competition in 2000....

I had to do this after work at home and took me like approx 4 weeks. This is made out of Flex which is a Pastry margarine used for Puff Pastry etc...

Reason I made it in Chess set because I love playing Chess. I used to play in Chess competition as well.
HOLY SHIT BRO!!

That is very cool. Was the board made from the same margarine? So basically when you capture a picec you butter your toast with it!!!! LOL. Couldn't resist.:D

That is some beautiful work BC. Well done. OH and remind me not to play chess with you. I am not too bad but never played competitive chess. I hope I can out drink you cause So far you got me beat in cooking and chess.......................There must be something I can win here?????????? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Cheers BIGCHEF and thanks for those pics, very nice!!

HOLY SHIT BRO!!

That is very cool. Was the board made from the same margarine? So basically when you capture a picec you butter your toast with it!!!! LOL. Couldn't resist.:D

That is some beautiful work BC. Well done. OH and remind me not to play chess with you. I am not too bad but never played competitive chess. I hope I can out drink you cause So far you got me beat in cooking and chess.......................There must be something I can win here?????????? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Cheers BIGCHEF and thanks for those pics, very nice!!

Thanks mate. No the board was made from cheap wood and I bought the material from Lincraft shop and put it together myself.
Capture the piece and butter the toast...lol funny fella!!!

Well, when you pop down to Sydney, I throw a barbie on and some beer, and king size prawns, T-bone etc... That's if Alex let me have a cheat meal lol....

Thanks mate. No the board was made from cheap wood and I bought the material from Lincraft shop and put it together myself.
Capture the piece and butter the toast...lol funny fella!!!

Well, when you pop down to Sydney, I throw a barbie on and some beer, and king size prawns, T-bone etc... That's if Alex let me have a cheat meal lol....
He'll ony be pissed cause he missed out........LOL!!;)

That is absolutely cool!:cool:

thats crazy man, must of taken a lot of patience.

Curiosity question.........do you use a knife or some other type of rotary carving tool? I could see that maybe some kind of engraving tool could be useful.

Curiosity question.........do you use a knife or some other type of rotary carving tool? I could see that maybe some kind of engraving tool could be useful.

Inside of those chess pieces and the chess board is a styrofoam. I cut out the styrofoam and then cover it with the margarine. It's like moulding onto it and sculpting. Yes I used some tools like carving tools and paring knife etc.

Inside of those chess pieces and the chess board is a styrofoam. I cut out the styrofoam and then cover it with the margarine. It's like moulding onto it and sculpting. Yes I used some tools like carving tools and paring knife etc.
I was kinda wondering if they were solid or not, that clears that up. Very clever though. Did you have to use coloring to make them lighter and darker like that or is it two kinds of margarine?

I was kinda wondering if they were solid or not, that clears that up. Very clever though. Did you have to use coloring to make them lighter and darker like that or is it two kinds of margarine?

They are hard to play with but once you play it with more it becomes soft.
Yes I used yellow colouring. I cut the 5kg Margarine in half and break it smaller and put some small amount of yellow colouring in. Hard to mix the shit together. It gave me a good forearm workout lol...

Hey Oldfella,

what are you rated at?

what are you rated at?

I used to be around 1800 ELO...but I dont play as much anymore but still can play well. I used to be chess champion in 2 states in Australia. 2nd in NT and 4th in Tasmania.
Chess is a great stress reliever!

I used to be around 1800 ELO...but I dont play as much anymore but still can play well. I used to be chess champion in 2 states in Australia. 2nd in NT and 4th in Tasmania.
Not if you lose all the time!!! LOL:eek:

wow thats impressive, when i played all the time i was also around 1800. its been years since i played heavily my mind might be a little stale.

we cant all be bobby fischer!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity