over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

BigChef's Cooking Tips and Recipes Thread

BigChef

Kilo Klub/Moderator
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Hello guys and gals,

I thought it's time for me to chime in more regarding to Cooking Tips, Recipes or anything that is related to Kitchen. If you have some food and not sure what to do or how to put it together, any cooking tips, anything about food I am happy to help out. I know Tkav is busy these days and I will try and take some pressure off him and help out when I can. Some days, I can be busy at work and Gym but I will keep an eye on my thread and help out when I can.
For those who dont know me, I have over 22 years in Hospitality Industry...

Feel free to ask me anything...

Bon Appetit ;)

Big Chef

any ideas for valentine sweets, maybe some kind of low cal., or protein powder based candy, cookie, or sweet treat. I want to make a nice box of some healthy treats for my lady. If I get her a box of candy she will not be happy with me.

any ideas for valentine sweets, maybe some kind of low cal., or protein powder based candy, cookie, or sweet treat. I want to make a nice box of some healthy treats for my lady. If I get her a box of candy she will not be happy with me.

Protein Loaded Chocolate Truffles

Ingredients:

0.75 lbs of dark sugar free chocolate
One cup of Quick cooking Oats
One espresso shot
Four Splenda packets
One cup of SynthePURE Protein powder (mix together with cocoa powder)
1 tablespoon Cocoa
Water

Chop block of the chocolate with knife and put in double boiler with the water at the bottom of pot. Once the chocolate has melted in upper Pyrex bowl, take the Pyrex bowl of water, add one cup of chocolate protein powder, one cup of oats, the espresso shot and Splenda. Mix together. Let this cool off for 20 minutes.

With the ice cream scoop, shape the truffles into heart shape. Put them on the top of the baking paper and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Take one plate, add one cup of vanilla protein powder and roll the truffles on it. This gives you the option of white truffles. Use one cup of chocolate protein powder on another plate provides dark truffles.

Hope that helps :)

Last edited:
Big Chef,

I am dieting for a show right now and because i dont have a grill, i have been strictly using my crockpot for cooking all my chicken and beef. I have been throw 2 large Top Round London Broils into the crock pot with a cup of fat free beef broth and thats it. i am getting bored with my red meat options right now. Got any cool ideas or recipes for lean red meat that i could do? i dont mind chicken because i have some good sauces but im very bored of my steaks and im still 10 weeks out! :banghead:

bigchef, i was thinking of making some rose pedal jam to give my girl instead of flowers this year..
can i just use any rose flowers or is there some special edible type i need?

thanks

bigchef, i was thinking of making some rose pedal jam to give my girl instead of flowers this year..
can i just use any rose flowers or is there some special edible type i need?

thanks

Its a bit hard for me to explain in details but I did some search for you with pictures and step by step process would made it easier for you.

Hope this help :)

**broken link removed**

Protein Loaded Chocolate Truffles

Ingredients:

0.75 lbs of dark sugar free chocolate
One cup of Quick cooking Oats
One espresso shot
Four Splenda packets
One cup of SynthePURE Protein powder (mix together with cocoa powder)
1 tablespoon Cocoa
Water

Chop block of the chocolate with knife and put in double boiler with the water at the bottom of pot. Once the chocolate has melted in upper Pyrex bowl, take the Pyrex bowl of water, add one cup of chocolate protein powder, one cup of oats, the espresso shot and Splenda. Mix together. Let this cool off for 20 minutes.

With the ice cream scoop, shape the truffles into heart shape. Put them on the top of the baking paper and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Take one plate, add one cup of vanilla protein powder and roll the truffles on it. This gives you the option of white truffles. Use one cup of chocolate protein powder on another plate provides dark truffles.

Hope that helps :)
how many truffles should this make??

Its a bit hard for me to explain in details but I did some search for you with pictures and step by step process would made it easier for you.

Hope this help :)

**broken link removed**

looks fail proof to me! thanks BigChef!!!

i tried this once and it felt like im tasting the garden of roses. now i just gotta find a place to buy some roses in bulK

big chef do you got a recipe for venison jerky

I am not familiar with jerky. Since I am an Australian, I was working with a Exec. Head Chef from America and he put Jerk Chicken on the menu and it was different and interesting.

Venison Jerky

1 ½ lbs trimmed & thinly sliced venison
¼ c soy sauce
1 T Worcestershire Sauce
1 T A-1 Steak Sauce
½ tsp black pepper
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp onion powder
½ tsp salt
1 tsp Liquid Smoke

Mix together the ingredients except for the venison. When it is mixed well, add the venison and let it marinate in the sauce for at least 24 hours. (To marinate, lay the strips in a pan and pour some marinade over the first layer until it is just covered. Add another layer of meat and more sauce. Continue until all of the meat is layered and covered. After 24 hours lay the meat on oven racks. Place foil on the bottom of the oven. Dry in a 150 degree oven with the door ajar for 6-8 hours, or until it is a dry as you want.

BIGCHEF, WHATS YOUR FAVORITE CUT OF BEEF AND YOUR FAVORITE RECIPE FOR THAT MEAT? GREAT RECIPIES IVE TRIED A COUPLE AND THEY WERE GREAT!
THANKS,
SAGE74

BIGCHEF, WHATS YOUR FAVORITE CUT OF BEEF AND YOUR FAVORITE RECIPE FOR THAT MEAT? GREAT RECIPIES IVE TRIED A COUPLE AND THEY WERE GREAT!
THANKS,
SAGE74

I like Lean rump steak (trim fat off). Honestly, I love chargrilled Steak medium rare, that's it! with BBQ Sauce. I know it's boring but I can eat this everyday lol. That's of course when I am dieting my arse off.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws