over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone eat Tripe?

rockstar3000

Registered
Anyone here eat tripe. I don't know how popular it is but I have a Big Italian Family and we eat a lot of tripe.

6oz
170 calories
6 grams fat
0 carbs
26 grams protein.

now that's with out the gravy (sauce) over it but still very high in protein.

I have , dident realy care for it.
My grandfather loved "Menudo" which is a mexican kinda soup.

If its their eat it but personaly i woulden't make it a staple

ok...saw it before in the store

Man how is it cooked?
what is the taste like?
what kind of gravy?

So it's a tradition to get together and eat this dish?
What else do you guys eat that is unusual?
I love calamari and octopus, heart, liver and tongue, sushi and sashimi, other oddball stuff but tripe is a weird looking thing just sittin in the meat counter behind that glass. Like Alien predator kinda weird...
I'm alittle scared.
:spam:

My grandfather would just make a big ass pot of soup about once a month when he got the urge , even in the summer when it was hot as fuck. Never any rime or reason just when he wanted it.

Im pretty open minded and will try most anything , traveling alot has given me oppurtunity to eat alot of crazy stuff but i'll take good beef over anthing any day.

I actualy eat alot of goat which is not that common in the states like in other parts of the world and alot of wild game

Man how is it cooked?
what is the taste like?
what kind of gravy?

So it's a tradition to get together and eat this dish?
What else do you guys eat that is unusual?
I love calamari and octopus, heart, liver and tongue, sushi and sashimi, other oddball stuff but tripe is a weird looking thing just sittin in the meat counter behind that glass. Like Alien predator kinda weird...
I'm alittle scared.
:spam:

i eat everything you just named off too lol... its in a sauce like a tomato sauce like with pasta... some people call it gravy some call it sauce but its delicious. i love it. i cant eat it now cuz im doing a prep and all im eating is chicken and steak n rice but its so delicious. you have to clean the tripe for hours cuz it has little hairs stuck in it from the cow licking itself. kinda weird. and you have it boil for about 2 hours its so delicious. and octopus is one of my favorites i could eat that everyday.

Yep eat menudo on weekends. Prefer western(white with white hominy) but all the mexican places here in southeast chicago do the eastern red looking stuff.
I like it also just prefer white.

I love a good bowl of Menudo. I actually had a few great dishes in Italy where they used Tripe instead of pasta with a traditional red sauce.

It is pretty chewy no matter how perfect you cook it. Not quite as bad as raw octopus but close.

My grandparents came thru Ellis Island from Sicily. Eels all the time. But not me.

LOL...my first thought on reading your subject line was, "Why the FUCK would anyone do that?!"

I have to admit though, the protein content is compelling...

i have used it in Pho but may need to expand my culinary skills with it.

i love tripe but was not aware of the nutritional value. i am half veinamese and tripe is used in a traditional soup calld pho. i have also eaten it boiled with a spicy sauce called nuoc mum...now im hungry...lol

i love tripe but was not aware of the nutritional value. i am half veinamese and tripe is used in a traditional soup calld pho. i have also eaten it boiled with a spicy sauce called nuoc mum...now im hungry...lol

i love pho!!!! i kno they put siracha at it but this place i go to puts a brown sauce in it they put it on the table and you just put it in your self. what is that sauce.? and do they always serve you the meat and veggies raw. where i go there is a plate of veggies and meat and the soup is boiling and you throw everything in and it cooks it. one of my favorites!!!! i eat way to much siracha tho. best hot sauce.

the brown sauce is called hoisin sauce. mix it with the red hot sauce and put it in your soup. its sooooo good. i mix a little bowl with the both of them and have a little bit with every bite.:D

I have had it it's an aquired taste. Campbells Pepper Pot Soup has tripe in it. Not sure if Campbells still makes it.

the brown sauce is called hoisin sauce. mix it with the red hot sauce and put it in your soup. its sooooo good. i mix a little bowl with the both of them and have a little bit with every bite.:D

Thank you!!! now i cant add that to my soups lol.

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics