over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

cooking white rice - help

scottswald

Registered
cannot cook long grain white rice in microwave! help!

i want 120g with 3 tbsp of evoo

if i do it with basmati i just add the oil and boiling water (twice as much volume as rice) and mcrowave for 8 mins.

if i do that with long grain white rice it ends up very hard and doesnt seem to absorb ANY oil

Rice cookers are not expensive and well worth the money if you eat a lot of rice. I would never cook it in the microwave anyway, yuck.

Rice cookers r definitely the way to go..plus as stated above there so cheap

Good ol Uncle Bens makes microwave rice pouches. Not bad. White and brown rice options.

Just pop em in and 90 sec later steaming hot rice.

Good ol Uncle Bens makes microwave rice pouches. Not bad. White and brown rice options.

Just pop em in and 90 sec later steaming hot rice.

These are awesome if you are looking for a quick meal option, they are not cheap when compared to a rice cooker, still I love having a few of these on hand for those times when I want something quick and easy. ;)

Putting oil in the rice during cooking process will harden the rice. I never use microwave as i am against it. Just wash your rice under cold water using a strainer and put your rice in rice cooker.. once rice is ready then put your oil over.

how do you guys season your rice?
I sux at cooking Rice!

Putting oil in the rice during cooking process will harden the rice. I never use microwave as i am against it. Just wash your rice under cold water using a strainer and put your rice in rice cooker.. once rice is ready then put your oil over.

:yeahthat:

Rice cooker is the way to go but nowadays they have so many different types of rice in ready to microwave pouches. Tried a few and all are good.

I just bought a rice cooker at Walmart for $15......you can add oil and almost any type of seasoning into the rice cooker with the rice and water. And it will cook into the rice.......delicious

I cook it in a pot , saute onions and garlic with coconut oil in a pan and add that to the rice after the flame is off and is sitting for 10 min....healthty fried rice!

PLS Euro-Pharm rep. Puritysourcelabs.ru

I will agree that the rice cooker is a no brainer...it also doubles as a veggie steamer.

You don’t need a rice cooker bro, just use a pot, it’s super easy. Rice is such a staple that I don’t even think about how to cook it. Take a pot with a lid, add one part rice to two parts water, add a bit of salt or whatever seasoning you might like to use (you can add “better than boullion”, spices, substitute stock or broth for water, etc), cover and bring it to a boil, reduce heat to low once it reaches a boil, and cook for 15 minutes. You now have perfectly cooked rice, flavored however you want.

A rice cooker is easy, sure, and it’s nice to have one, but it’s completely unnecessary.

There are pretty cheap precooked white rice... it yea like everyone said, nothing beats a rice cooker and save a lot of money in the long run

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131